Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The distributor AVOne at Kaki Bukit is the main point of contact for spares & repairs in Singapore, i hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by vuzix_sg View Post
      The distributor AVOne at Kaki Bukit is the main point of contact for spares & repairs in Singapore, i hope this helps
      Any contact or address? I google but find nothing related.

Comment

Blk 7, Kaki Bukit Rd 1 #01-03 Eunos Technolink Building
        Singapore 415937
        Tel: +65 63822288

Comment

This is the gamepad which works with the Drone Ace app.

Looks like a very good way to control the Drone, I've already tried a few places (Funan, Apple shops) but no-one seems to have this

Comment

I managed to gently adjust the focus on my AR Drone 2.0 front camera, everything is now much sharper

Also had fun this afternoon trying to fly FPV style and avoiding the trees while chasing my son around

I'm now using the Drone Ace 2.0 app with Fling thumbsticks, it makes the Drone very responsive and nice to fly.

Comment

I managed to gently adjust the focus on my AR Drone 2.0 front camera, everything is now much sharper

Also had fun this afternoon trying to fly FPV style and avoiding the trees while chasing my son around

I'm now using the Drone Ace 2.0 app with Fling thumbsticks, it makes the Drone very responsive and nice to fly.

Interesting... Din know the sharpness can be adjusted.

Can share how to do that?

Comment

Technically it can't, it's fixed focus by the factory. I found a thread on another drone forum that someone had removed the glue in the lens thread and adjusted the focus for better outside (long focus) video.
                I noticed on my recorded videos there was an out-of-focus area so I thought its worth a try.
                I held the camera base and used a pair of curved pliers to gently rotate the outer end of the camera lens. This made the glue break loose and I was able to turn the lens a few degrees while looking at the live video on my iPad. After a few test flights outside I finally got it just how I wanted it. Once it was set, I dropped a small amount of superglue on the thread to prevent any vibration shaking it loose.
                There is a really big risk of breaking the camera, crushing the lens, damaging the camera cable, etc etc etc, so be very careful. Of course this is only if you are not happy with the present focus and done at your own risk.

Comment

Technically it can't, it's fixed focus by the factory. I found a thread on another drone forum that someone had removed the glue in the lens thread and adjusted the focus for better outside (long focus) video.
                  I noticed on my recorded videos there was an out-of-focus area so I thought its worth a try.
                  I held the camera base and used a pair of curved pliers to gently rotate the outer end of the camera lens. This made the glue break loose and I was able to turn the lens a few degrees while looking at the live video on my iPad. After a few test flights outside I finally got it just how I wanted it. Once it was set, I dropped a small amount of superglue on the thread to prevent any vibration shaking it loose.
                  There is a really big risk of breaking the camera, crushing the lens, damaging the camera cable, etc etc etc, so be very careful. Of course this is only if you are not happy with the present focus and done at your own risk.
                  Noted. Thks for sharing

Comment

No luck in finding those Prop Pins. My AR2.0 is grounded until end of July. So sad...

Comment

Hi Ken, did you try AV One in Singapore, the pins come as part of the gears set.

Comment

Will call them tomorrow. But, their website doesn't seems to mention anything about AR Drone parts except they do carry a Parrot Ipod Speaker system.

Even if they have it, not sure if they will post out of SG to KL.

Fingers crossed until then. Thanks for your lead, vuzix.

Comment

Originally posted by KenChin View Post
                          Will call them tomorrow. But, their website doesn't seems to mention anything about AR Drone parts except they do carry a Parrot Ipod Speaker system.

Even if they have it, not sure if they will post out of SG to KL.

Fingers crossed until then. Thanks for your lead, vuzix.
                          U tried ordering from eBay? There are tons of supplier out there....".

Comment

AV One does have spares ! SGD30.00 for the Gear/Shaft set. Thanks guys... Will see how i can grab one or two packs soon.

Comment

Win A Real AR Drone 2.0 - Paper Model Contest!

Check out this cool website!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-06 11.44.35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	562.2 KB
ID:	971413

My replacement parts just arrived this morning from Expansys via Fedex.

2 X AR Drone 2 original batteries ($45 X 2)
                                1 X Tool Kit $20
                                1 X Replacement gears and shafts $15
                                Delivery $20

Total damage $145.

Charging the batteries now....

Can enjoy at least 30 mins of flight time from today onwards.

Last edited by DH_Admin; 06-07-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X