Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghostfit
    Imagine if theres a leak in the supply tubing or nipple of the header tank !
    The fuel will want to drain out due to gravity (aka drain-cock of the real A/C)
    I think gravity will not be the issue anymore as the fuel is being pressurised thus no matter how if will to leak somewhere along the tubing, fuel will definitely rush out regardless it top or bottom.
    Trex600 Nitro
    OS50 Hyper
    B6T 2In1 Regulator
    Zimmerman
    Rev Max
    DX7-AR7000
    GY401+9254
    S9351

Comment

Originally posted by wilson76
      I think gravity will not be the issue anymore as the fuel is being pressurised thus no matter how if will to leak somewhere along the tubing, fuel will definitely rush out regardless it top or bottom.
      I think you misunderstood ! ...we're not concern about the fuel in the main tank.

Try this (or imagine it oso can !)

1) Fill up your main and header tank
      2) With the heli upright, pull off the fuel tubing from the nipple at the header tank (simulating a leak) ...the fuel will drain out of your header tank at an alarming rate right ?

now flip the header tank rightside up (as recommended by Wei Yao) and perform the same steps. This time, your fuel stays in the header tank (and hopefully allows you to make a safe landing)
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I think you misunderstood ! ...we're not concern about the fuel in the main tank.

2) With the heli upright, pull off the fuel tubing from the nipple at the header tank (simulating a leak) ...the fuel will drain out of your header tank at an alarming rate right ?

now flip the header tank rightside up (as recommended by Wei Yao) and perform the same steps. This time, your fuel stays in the header tank (and hopefully allows you to make a safe landing)
        Oh.. this sounds logical!
        Trex600 Nitro
        OS50 Hyper
        B6T 2In1 Regulator
        Zimmerman
        Rev Max
        DX7-AR7000
        GY401+9254
        S9351

Comment

Total sense to me too.

Thanx Tony!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Tested flight today but no inverted flight , dont seems to have any different in flight if flip header tank either up nor down. no sign of bubbles too.

BUT i experience something New today, after 2nd flight. I experience headspeed drop badly at punch up! I am also suspecting that my last inverted flameout could be linked to this issue too as headspeed drop too as fuel may not be the culprit.
            I landed and attempting to start for 3rd flight.. Unable to sustain the start up, within 2secs it shutdown again. Suspect something wrong with the engine thus drop the engine at JW field to do a check. Guess what is wrong?

The OS50 'blue Heatsink have gone loose with 3 out 6 screw already 60% unwinded. This cause insufficent compression and during 2nd flight can feel that fuel comsumption seems pretty high as fuel can be seen leaking at the heatsink area after I land.

Recommendation:
            I think this is a good info for all OS50 user to check that area especially Trex600 design is not accessible to those screw thus either drop engine
            to check or grab the 'blue heatsink' area to check for any slide movement.
            Trex600 Nitro
            OS50 Hyper
            B6T 2In1 Regulator
            Zimmerman
            Rev Max
            DX7-AR7000
            GY401+9254
            S9351

Comment

Use loctite 242 on the screw will it help?

Tested flight today but no inverted flight , dont seems to have any different in flight if flip header tank either up nor down. no sign of bubbles too.

BUT i experience something New today, after 2nd flight. I experience headspeed drop badly at punch up! I am also suspecting that my last inverted flameout could be linked to this issue too as headspeed drop too as fuel may not be the culprit.
              I landed and attempting to start for 3rd flight.. Unable to sustain the start up, within 2secs it shutdown again. Suspect something wrong with the engine thus drop the engine at JW field to do a check. Guess what is wrong?

The OS50 'blue Heatsink have gone loose with 3 out 6 screw already 60% unwinded. This cause insufficent compression and during 2nd flight can feel that fuel comsumption seems pretty high as fuel can be seen leaking at the heatsink area after I land.

Recommendation:
              I think this is a good info for all OS50 user to check that area especially Trex600 design is not accessible to those screw thus either drop engine
              to check or grab the 'blue heatsink' area to check for any slide movement.

Comment

Guys. Good to here the TREX600N alive and kicking. Got mine abt a month ago. Apart from Main gear linking to the tail gear & tail blade failure ( Even a bit touch to the grass will cause the gear to trip), the bird are very impressive to me. Its stable and solid.

Seem I have this clicking sound during idleing.. but seen to go off/On now and then. Will do full check after finishing my 3rd gallons.

Im just newbie, so doing pretty much basic stuff. However the parts are still scares here in KL, looks like atrip down under a must after Hari raya. Other than that really happy with this bird.

TREX600N/Pro, OS50 Hyper, Hotari pipe, Futaba 401, all digital on cyclic. Funky Main. paddle, tail blade. CoolPower 30%.

Comment

Originally posted by firebld
                  Guys. Good to here the TREX600N alive and kicking. Got mine abt a month ago. Apart from Main gear linking to the tail gear & tail blade failure ( Even a bit touch to the grass will cause the gear to trip), the bird are very impressive to me. Its stable and solid.

Seem I have this clicking sound during idleing.. but seen to go off/On now and then. Will do full check after finishing my 3rd gallons.

Im just newbie, so doing pretty much basic stuff. However the parts are still scares here in KL, looks like atrip down under a must after Hari raya. Other than that really happy with this bird.

TREX600N/Pro, OS50 Hyper, Hotari pipe, Futaba 401, all digital on cyclic. Funky Main. paddle, tail blade. CoolPower 30%.
                  Join us for flying!
                  Trex600 Nitro
                  OS50 Hyper
                  B6T 2In1 Regulator
                  Zimmerman
                  Rev Max
                  DX7-AR7000
                  GY401+9254
                  S9351

Comment

Change my clunk line to dia.3mm since past few flight, engine always sound bog or efficieny decrease thus increased my throttle curve and needle also tuned to 1.8. Today decided to revert back to dia.4mm tubing, wow it back to normal range (60-75%) and needle at 1.2 turn only. Backplate still warm and allows my finger to place there forever. Surprisingly, the diameter of the clunk line plays a part in performance of engine.

Info: For Trex User, might consider using diameter-4mm.
                    Trex600 Nitro
                    OS50 Hyper
                    B6T 2In1 Regulator
                    Zimmerman
                    Rev Max
                    DX7-AR7000
                    GY401+9254
                    S9351

Comment

Hello Bros!

my NEW project! 2 days old only... still works in progress. havent even bought the rest of the stuff like engine, gyro etc... slowly bah! This thing is a beauty!

BOX!

Completed Head

Progress so far

Hope to fly with some of u guys soon. i am a nitro noob! heck..i am a nub.

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
                        Hello Bros!

my NEW project! 2 days old only... still works in progress. havent even bought the rest of the stuff like engine, gyro etc... slowly bah! This thing is a beauty!

BOX!

Completed Head

Progress so far

Hope to fly with some of u guys soon. i am a nitro noob! heck..i am a nub.

CHEERS!
                        Wow wow, so fast got a nitro
                        [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Wilson,

Your dia 3mm is refering to internal dia ? Where you get the 4mm tube? Check rotor dont have it.

They have internal dia 2mm and 2.5mm only...

Hope u can advise...

Change my clunk line to dia.3mm since past few flight, engine always sound bog or efficieny decrease thus increased my throttle curve and needle also tuned to 1.8. Today decided to revert back to dia.4mm tubing, wow it back to normal range (60-75%) and needle at 1.2 turn only. Backplate still warm and allows my finger to place there forever. Surprisingly, the diameter of the clunk line plays a part in performance of engine.

Info: For Trex User, might consider using diameter-4mm.

Comment

hey guys what cyclic servos are u using
                            Helis
                            Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
                              hey guys what cyclic servos are u using
                              I am using FUT9351 for cyclic.
                              Trex600 Nitro
                              OS50 Hyper
                              B6T 2In1 Regulator
                              Zimmerman
                              Rev Max
                              DX7-AR7000
                              GY401+9254
                              S9351

Comment

Originally posted by Fong
                                Wilson,

Your dia 3mm is refering to internal dia ? Where you get the 4mm tube? Check rotor dont have it.

They have internal dia 2mm and 2.5mm only...

Hope u can advise...
                                I got it from Mocking bird. It basically the stock ALign trex fuel tubing for clunk.
                                Trex600 Nitro
                                OS50 Hyper
                                B6T 2In1 Regulator
                                Zimmerman
                                Rev Max
                                DX7-AR7000
                                GY401+9254
                                S9351

Comment

Working...
                                X