Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion/Review on Trex600n issue

Just to share some review of trex600n that i have encountered so far from 1 gallon of fuel.

Please feel free to share problems or good modification done on trex600n

My Trex600n after 1 Gallon.

Tail blade from Align is pretty fragile. Get chip on the tip of the tail blade during ground run on first maiden flight few weeks ago. Tail blade accidentally hit the ground and immediately chip off. Notice the ALIGN tail blade is quite poorly design with hollow and a small wooden prank inside.

The Carbon Tech tail blade seems better. The blade tip has more reinforced and feel more solid not hollow at all.

The Torque tube Gears are easily stripped too.. especially the Main gear linking to the tail gear driving the torque tube. Easily stripped if tail strike the ground. Please check that part often.

Main Gear tend to "Lock UP" easily with the auto-rotation gear. The one way bearing once get "LOCK", no matter how i grease it, it will still get Lock the following flight. Once lock, the shaft need to be hammer out from one way bearing. Tough job! Decided to change to a new one as it affects the headspeeds significantly during auto-rotation.

The pics show on LEFT is NEW ones being replaced. The right one that dismantled is the old one. Notice the top surface slightly different in design. Hopefully this new bearing works!

The stuff need to be replaced for one way bearing damaged. The metal case with one way bearing + the shaft.
    Note that it not easy to remove the one way bearing from the metal case and the shaft once get LOCKED. You might notice scratches or small cut along the shaft which not advisable to use again on your new bearing. Remember to GREASE before assemble!
    Trex600 Nitro
    OS50 Hyper
    B6T 2In1 Regulator
    Zimmerman
    Rev Max
    DX7-AR7000
    GY401+9254
    S9351

so nice
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I have yet to successfully maiden my 600N due to unknown glitches.

I get a clinking(metal hitting metal) sound when my clutch is engaging. Once the sound start, the glitching will occur. All my cyclic servos will go haywire.

Any of you out there having this problem??
      Jack_Mav88
      ---------------------------------------------
      Planes:
      1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
      2) RCL F16I
      3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
      4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
      1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
      2) E-Raptor 620
      3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
      4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Is anyone has compare it with Raptor 50?

How's the feel?

Comment

I think the clinking sound is NORMAL??? Coz that time when cj maiden his, I heard his spool up, I thought something wasn't quite right, but seems like its normal.

wilson, one way bearing if always stuck, use oil to clean and don't use grease, use oil. I was using singer oil, but since I went NS, started using "break free" because free from armskote I am not sure your t-rex design is how different from mine, but I guess it should be working on the same principle. Try not to tighten the jesus screw too much, coz on raptor if tighten the screw too much, will distort the shape of one way and the collar, might apply for rex also. Actually lock up is better than breaking free in flight

sigpic

Comment

My trex got no 'metal sound' when it spools up. Do check all the screw and ensure they are either Locktite or tighthen.

Glitching maybe due to your wiring setup. Arrange them nicely and maybe use that "Magnet Ring" on your wiring to reduce glitches.

Check with CJEN on how he wired. He have some glitch initially on his tail servo. Now it solved!
            Trex600 Nitro
            OS50 Hyper
            B6T 2In1 Regulator
            Zimmerman
            Rev Max
            DX7-AR7000
            GY401+9254
            S9351

Comment

The rotation gear no longer Lockup on me after the change. 3 flight so far so good!
              Trex600 Nitro
              OS50 Hyper
              B6T 2In1 Regulator
              Zimmerman
              Rev Max
              DX7-AR7000
              GY401+9254
              S9351

Comment

Did Loop and inverted flight. Autorotation Gear no Lock up!. So far SO GOOD!
                From manoeuver to foward flight, pretty much Stable and better response compared to my little Trex450.
                But there again Trex450 is a good little heli to train up yr skills as damage cost is much lesser than 600n.

Caution! Remember to land before the fuel run out as 600n has no Reserved tank. On my 3rd flight during forward flight, Fuel run out without knowing luckily autorotated.
                Symptom of Fuel runningout.. The engine will scream.. as it is too lean!
                Trex600 Nitro
                OS50 Hyper
                B6T 2In1 Regulator
                Zimmerman
                Rev Max
                DX7-AR7000
                GY401+9254
                S9351

Comment

Add a header tank lah, can fly till main tank empty with a header tank. But then, stock t-rex 600 tank quite big already right?

sigpic

Comment

i suggest using a header tank. not only for a slightly longer flight time, but it adds the safety that your engine will always be sucking up fuel, and not air. if the clunk in your main tank is positioned perfectly, then you won't need the header tank. but i'd still go for one, even if your main tank completely loses fuel, you will still have enough reserve to safely land when you have a header tank.. then again, you can always auto
                    « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
                      Add a header tank lah, can fly till main tank empty with a header tank. But then, stock t-rex 600 tank quite big already right?
                      Ah!.. It about 450litre per tank. Last about 9-12min of flight time.
                      Trex600 Nitro
                      OS50 Hyper
                      B6T 2In1 Regulator
                      Zimmerman
                      Rev Max
                      DX7-AR7000
                      GY401+9254
                      S9351

Comment

Haha.. Correction not 450litre! ..I mean 450ml per tank
                        Trex600 Nitro
                        OS50 Hyper
                        B6T 2In1 Regulator
                        Zimmerman
                        Rev Max
                        DX7-AR7000
                        GY401+9254
                        S9351

Comment

there's another method other than use header tank i think.
                          was it some uni-pressure system or something~~
                          JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
                          Futaba S3154 Tail
                          Scorpion 2221-8
                          JETI Spin 44A
                          JR RS 77
                          Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
                          Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn cain
                            there's another method other than use header tank i think.
                            was it some uni-pressure system or something~~
                            It is uniflow tank setup. That is the solution for leaning out when your tank is emptying because of the pressure difference between full tank and lower levels. It helps to keep a constant pressure regardless of your fuel level. It only works if you are not getting a constant pressure from full-half-low fuel level, it doesn't work when you run out of fuel

sigpic

Comment

I can't comment, mines in the box still.

Thanx!

SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X