Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm noticing a couple other issues.....

1) While in rate mode, my tail servo arm hesitates when I move the rudder stick from left to right (or right to left). Its as if it almost come to a complete stop then starts again. When I unplug the gyro, and plug the servo directly into the Rx. The problem is eliminated. Any suggestions?

2) From time to time, pressing the menu button illuminates the TL LED. When I release, the TL LED turns off. Basically it won't take me to Servo Speed.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Razmo

1) While in rate mode, my tail servo arm hesitates when I move the rudder stick from left to right (or right to left). Its as if it almost come to a complete stop then starts again. When I unplug the gyro, and plug the servo directly into the Rx. The problem is eliminated. Any suggestions?

2) From time to time, pressing the menu button illuminates the TL LED. When I release, the TL LED turns off. Basically it won't take me to Servo Speed.

1)what tx are u using? do u have any expo on the rudder channel?
      2)it is normal, just unplug the batt and restart the heli, then u can go into the setup menu

btw r u following the setup steps written by RCS at the start of this thread?
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I notice something else, but i can live wit it. Besides using optic 6 max gain is 61-70% on led, 1st time plug in batt, i can press the button 3 secs to enter config mode and everything was normal. But at times when i wanna try to enter config mode again later, nothing happens if the button stays pressed more than 3secs, at times i don't have to 3sec. Just one click it'll jump menu mode. To solve all these, juz reinitialize the gyro again (replug batt)...
        Current BlinkĀ²:
        Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
        Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History BlinkĀ²:
        Belt-CP
        Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
        Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
          I notice something else, but i can live wit it. Besides using optic 6 max gain is 61-70% on led, 1st time plug in batt, i can press the button 3 secs to enter config mode and everything was normal. But at times when i wanna try to enter config mode again later, nothing happens if the button stays pressed more than 3secs, at times i don't have to 3sec. Just one click it'll jump menu mode. To solve all these, juz reinitialize the gyro again (replug batt)...
          yup same with me..

the reason i am guessing is that the gyro still detects some minor stick input even when we left the rudder stick alone..

anyway not a biggy to reinitialise it
          For sale

Comment

1) That is normal and will not affect flight at all. The gyro has to process the signals and sensor outputs thru it's programs before telling the servo what to do. When the heli is stationary on the ground and not moving, it could lead to the hesitating movement.

2) It's recommended to enter setup mode right after initialisation of the gyro.
            After every re-setup or change, it's my personal practice to switch off and switch on the power again to initialise the gyro with the new settings. It's not neccessary, just a habit of mine.
            [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
            [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by RadioControl-Sports
              After every re-setup or change, it's my personal practice to switch off and switch on the power again to initialise the gyro with the new settings. It's not neccessary, just a habit of mine.
              yup same.. anyway..... with 401, u definitely have to do that

with logictech u can go into rate mode and HH mode in flight.. but with 401 once in rate mode, u have to reinit to go back into HH.. so that is 1up for 2100t
              For sale

Comment

1) That is normal and will not affect flight at all. The gyro has to process the signals and sensor outputs thru it's programs before telling the servo what to do. When the heli is stationary on the ground and not moving, it could lead to the hesitating movement.

I'm very glad to hear this. I hope to get my first test flight in this weekend.

I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one with the reinitializing issue.

Thanks,
                Raz

Comment

TL mode trouble...

Can anyone tell me why my tail servo starts rotating (always in the same direction) when I adjust my TL ATV above zero? This only happens in TL mode. It speeds up the servo rotation the higher the value.

It has jammed my tail bell crank twice now resulting in 2 stripped conical gears . Just now figured out what was causing the problem.

Raz

Comment

Can anyone tell me why my tail servo starts rotating (always in the same direction) when I adjust my TL ATV above zero? This only happens in TL mode. It speeds up the servo rotation the higher the value.

It has jammed my tail bell crank twice now resulting in 2 stripped conical gears . Just now figured out what was causing the problem.

Raz
                    why is ur atv 0?? do u mean the gyro gain channel? or rudder?
                    For sale

Comment

got time go yishun look for ammo la or jw to look for me.. we wont bite ;) tough to diagnose online... in person it is usually less than a 10 min job
                      For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                        why is ur atv 0?? do u mean the gyro gain channel? or rudder?
                        I'm not using the Gyro sense function on my DX7. I'm using the gear channel.

My rudder ATVs are at 100%. They were at 140%. My GEAR "TL" ATV is at 0% which should be 0% TL gain, yes? It's at 0% because I haven't calibrated the gain yet. When I tried calibrating the TL gain this is when the problem occurs. The servo will start rotating when I start bumping my TL "gear" ATV up.

My rate ATV is at about 50%. I started with 0% and bumped it up until the heli began to hunt. I then backed her down. I then tried setting the TL mode and this is where the problem starts...

Raz

Comment

I'm not sure how to explain it clearly in words here...
                          Did you buy the gyro online or from a lhs at ur place?

Comment

I'm not sure how to explain it clearly in words here...
                            Did you buy the gyro online or from a lhs at ur place?
                            I bought it online from Heliproz. Are you telling me that I don't have a malfunctioning 2100T?

Raz

Comment

I'm not using the Gyro sense function on my DX7. I'm using the gear channel.

My rudder ATVs are at 100%. They were at 140%. My GEAR "TL" ATV is at 0% which should be 0% TL gain, yes? It's at 0% because I haven't calibrated the gain yet. When I tried calibrating the TL gain this is when the problem occurs. The servo will start rotating when I start bumping my TL "gear" ATV up.

My rate ATV is at about 50%. I started with 0% and bumped it up until the heli began to hunt. I then backed her down. I then tried setting the TL mode and this is where the problem starts...

Raz
                              seems to me u didnt follow the proper setup procedure. the way u setup in rate mode is also wrong.. u dont inc gain to make the tail hold in rate mode... u set it to abt 70% rate, then u adjust the tail linkage or servo position mechanically unless there is no tail drift when u hold a hover

then with rudder ATV 150%(140 is an arbitary fig. u should use max ATV on either end for the rudder ch).. proceed on into servo limit menu and set the limits.....

THEN, just flick the gear ch back into TL mode.. setting the ATV on that ch to 70%... , reinit the heli, set the gain to abt 70%, inc or dec the value until on tail does wag/drift

please follow radiocontrolsports guide in the beginning of the thread for anything that u r unsure of
                              For sale

Comment

I bought it online from Heliproz. Are you telling me that I don't have a malfunctioning 2100T?

Raz
                                No, I do not think your 2100T is malfunctioning, it sounds more like it's not setup right. It would take less than 10 mins for me to help you setup at the field, but you're not in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                                X