Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghostfit
    Must be wearing your underwear over your head !

You're not making any sense here ?
    hard to explain.. the servo holder can prevent the tail boom from coming out...

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
      That sounds like a good method, any pics to show?
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

no pics at the moment, maybe when i get home...

slide your servo along the boom towards the main body.. it "pushes" against the main body , it sort of holds your tail boom against the body..

Comment

no pics at the moment, maybe when i get home...

slide your servo along the boom towards the main body.. it "pushes" against the main body , it sort of holds your tail boom against the body..

But how is that suppose to hold the boom from coming out? Also, sliding the servo along the boom is useful for adjusting the gyro/ centering purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
            But how is that suppose to hold the boom from coming out? Also, sliding the servo along the boom is useful for adjusting the gyro/ centering purpose.
            i dont think it is supposed to help in holding it in... more for preventing belt from loosening.. i think OT

ghostfit's method still works best for holding the boom in i believe, simple and it works
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
              nono i was just trying to cite as an example to let u understand what i mean. yea its supposed to prevent the belt from coming loose

masking tape is a too thick to go between boom and frame imho

Comment

can loosen frame enuff to slide the boom in with masking tape on, then tighten ard it mah... ;)
                anyway, the initial problem posted i believe, was holding the boom in place.. right?
                For sale

Comment

yea so masking tape or servo holder both are legit methods, the boom will never overtighten in flight (due to the moving belt) but will only get loose, so as long as there's a "stopper" it would hold the boom in place

Comment

Originally Posted by detach8
                    No wonder Ghostfit say you are thinking with your underwear on your head lol. SO it is not to prevent from coming out, but to secure it against the frame right?

I still think the tape method is more practical. The servo method limits your ability to adjust tail servo centering.

Comment

i think the servo holder method only helps to prevent the the belt from loosening. ;)

because the boom in the tail holder is still loose, it may cause unneccessary vibration.
                      secondly, using the belt to hold the boom in, erhmm i think put unneccessary stress on the belt. i think the belt will probably snap or get stretched in a boom strike.
                      thirdly, once the belt snaps.. there's nothing to hold the boom in..

all in all, weighing the risks, vs advantages vs cost, imho, i think masking tape is still one up.

hope noone takes any offence..
                      For sale

Comment

yea so masking tape or servo holder both are legit methods, the boom will never overtighten in flight (due to the moving belt) but will only get loose, so as long as there's a "stopper" it would hold the boom in place
                        I'm really amused ! ....so you actually use your tail servo holders as a tail boom "stopper" ?

How do you "centre" your tail servo during the tail/Gyro setup ? .....dun tell me you dun bother ?
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Nabei... after Mod the belt CP... is fly like "SLUT" previous one b4 Mod fly like "WHORE"....

All I have to say is the damn heli now fly So.................WELL!!!

Thanks to my MASTER!!!

MAY THE "FIT" BE WITH YOU!!!

Pardon my word...
                          sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

I'm really amused ! ....so you actually use your tail servo holders as a tail boom "stopper" ?

How do you "centre" your tail servo during the tail/Gyro setup ? .....dun tell me you dun bother ?
                            i think he probably meant using an extra tail servo mount at the frame to boom pt to secure the boom from sliding into the frame and loosening the belt.........?? i think?
                            For sale

Comment

nono i dont use the holders that i use for holding my servo lah! i buy extra one.. EXTRA one!!! u think i crazy ah lol

Comment

Originally posted by abner
                                Nabei... after Mod the belt CP... is fly like ...
                                wat u mod man?

Comment

Working...
                                X