Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't find anything wrong with the plastic swash..
    The plastic swash is as good as the metal ones in my opinion..
    AR Drone 2.0
    Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
    Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
    RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Anyone flying Mini Titan on Scorpion motor can share with me what battery are u using? Discharge rate and capacity?

I find that my friend Scorpion V1 motor(both HK2221-10) have higher headspeed then my Scorpion V2.. Only difference in our set up is in the ESC.. He is using Scorpion 45A while im using 55A.. My headspeed seems alot lower then him.. What could be the problem? ESC settings?

Oh and can those whom are using Scorpion motor and ESC share their ESC settings?
      AR Drone 2.0
      Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
      RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

I have tried both kong 25c 2200 and tp extreme v2 25c 2200 packs on the 2221-8 with 55A setup, never got to the point of measuring headspeed though, or flight time, seems alright in the carpark.

Esc wise I ran it with the jumper settings on the programming board where everything was off except bank 1 switch 2, 8, and bank 2 switch 3.

On the 45A and 55A hs difference, I am curious what the answer is as well, and what the impact is with the same throttle curve.

Originally posted by john_3330
        Anyone flying Mini Titan on Scorpion motor can share with me what battery are u using? Discharge rate and capacity?

I find that my friend Scorpion V1 motor(both HK2221-10) have higher headspeed then my Scorpion V2.. Only difference in our set up is in the ESC.. He is using Scorpion 45A while im using 55A.. My headspeed seems alot lower then him.. What could be the problem? ESC settings?

Oh and can those whom are using Scorpion motor and ESC share their ESC settings?

Comment

Originally posted by nacar
          I think you meant you can't "track" the blades, not "balance" the blades right?

For the spacer, I just cut equally into half.

oh yaa... sorry. what i meant is to "TRACK". i got the point already. will try to cut the spacer into 2.
          Mini Titan E325
          Dualsky XController 40A
          Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
          GY240

Charger & Tx
          Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
          Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
          No TX at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by wacs
            I have tried both kong 25c 2200 and tp extreme v2 25c 2200 packs on the 2221-8 with 55A setup, never got to the point of measuring headspeed though, or flight time, seems alright in the carpark.

Esc wise I ran it with the jumper settings on the programming board where everything was off except bank 1 switch 2, 8, and bank 2 switch 3.

On the 45A and 55A hs difference, I am curious what the answer is as well, and what the impact is with the same throttle curve.
            I have no idea if its the difference in ESC that is causing the difference in headspeed.. My friend and i both have our idle throttle curve at 100-90-100.. But still get differing headspeed..
            AR Drone 2.0
            Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
            RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread, i think i'll just add on my question to this.

For the first time i went into idle up on my MT using my FF9.
              I'm running Scorpion + stock ACE ESC + 20C Aztech Vertex LiPo batteries.

Normal Throttle Curve: 0 / 31 / 50 / 80 / 95
              Idle Throttle curve : 95 / 80 / 65 / 80 / 95

During idle up hover - no issue
              During idle up punching up down throttle, a few punches, my tail started spinning. Managed to land it on the grass patch safelyas I was only punching 2 to 3m up into the air.

Found the tail portion snapped. Any idea if this part breaks easily under stress or if this part has a known problem to break?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan M

During idle up punching up down throttle, a few punches, my tail started spinning. Managed to land it on the grass patch safelyas I was only punching 2 to 3m up into the air.

Found the tail portion snapped. Any idea if this part breaks easily under stress or if this part has a known problem to break?
                Sorry, just to add, this is tail portion whereby you insert into the frame where it connects to the main gears.

Comment

think u r having too much variation for the throttle curve liao..

for the scorpion u can set like 95 flat for idle up or maybe 95/85/95

because u have so much variation in motor speed for the curve, and the scorpion being so torquey, it damaged ur plastic gearing through "brute force"..

also ur normal curve try something that plateaus at the end like 0 25 70 80 90

btw also ensure that that gear is completely meshing with the auto gear on the main shaft
                  Originally posted by Ivan M

For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

As john said, a nearly flat throttle curve for idle up works well, i personally run 100-90-100.

Although ive never had that tail gear slip before, ive seen it happen on a friend's Copter X. His plastic gear had loosened and was slipping, thus causing tail holding problems.

One thing you can consider, is the metal upgrade for that same part. Its relatively cheap (just a few bucks more than the stock plastic), but is hard to come by because everyone upgrades to it straightaway when they buy the MT kit.
                    Ive never needed to change it so far, and it holds up in crashes very well.

Comment

I have broken that very same part before! And i thought i was having tail servo problem! Seems that part is very easily damaged.. On the other hand, changing to the metal part is not the best solution(imo).. I've seen a lot of people crashing and stripping their auto rotational gear.. So to me, changing that part to metal is also a bad idea..
                      AR Drone 2.0
                      Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
                      RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

for me in the past when i owned it i think its a personal preference. where do ya wanna strip. but to tell you the truth in the end i somehow managed to bend the metal shaft of the metal tail-to-belt gear, as shown in the picture. don't ask me how. so its gonna cost.
                        JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
                        Futaba S3154 Tail
                        Scorpion 2221-8
                        JETI Spin 44A
                        JR RS 77
                        Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
                        Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

I encountered as well, but it was as a result of a crash and I didn't manage to hit throttle hold in time.

Comment

i have a sudden urge to buy
                            Mini Titan kit
                            Kasama Head
                            Radix 325 blades
                            HS65MG servos for cyclics
                            Spartan DS760
                            S9257 for the tail
                            Scorpion 2226-1
                            10T
                            Jazz 55-6-18
                            but then again , its just an urge ........ LOL
                            Helis
                            Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
                              i have a sudden urge to buy (snip)
                              dun wait. just do it!

Comment

Well thanks to you all for the feedback.

I guess have to adjust my idle curve to make it more plateau like.

Heli_Fanatic - I've got a 2nd hand one u want?

Comment

Working...
                                X