Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is because your imageshack provider is a bit too slow liau.

Anyway, is the screw hole have any brass bushing? Or is it just through hole? Any reinforcement in there?

The reason I ask is that, if it is just through hole without anything, then u might want to be care if u are:
    1. Spin at high RPM.
    2. Do any rapid changes in cyclic.

Doing any above might break the blades near the blade grip.... It may not happen but just in case.

EDIT: Typo Error correction.

SH

Comment

Trex Wooden blades @$8/- (in PRC)

Hi SH,

Thanks for your advise, looks like I have to find another provider soon. Any good ones to recommend? Otherwise I will have to use DH gallery, was trying not to overload our own DH server.

Back to the PRC woodie blades:
      I have actually removed the laminate around the mounting hole of the blades and confirmed that there is a brass bushing re-inforecment in each of the blades holes as you mentioned.

Here's the picture:

Thanks for your input, SH

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      That is because your imageshack provider is a bit too slow liau.

Anyway, is the screw hole have any brass bushing? Or is it just through hole? Any reinforcement in there?

The reason I ask is that, if it is just through hole without anything, then u might want to be care if u are:
      1. Spin at high RPM.
      2. Do any rapid changes in cyclic.

Doing any above might break the blades near the blade grip.... It may not happen but just in case.

EDIT: Typo Error correction.

SH
      Last edited by w_kby; 18-12-2006, 07:45 AM.
      Heli
      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
      Buggy
      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
      Charger : Tahmazo T15
      Balancer : TP205
      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

$1/- Screen Protector - for Tx

Here's a GrEaT opportunity, to save money again![/B]

Screen protector are really overpriced and I have been looking for a large piece to fix my tx for the longest time. Most cost between $17 to $22/- (LCD screen protector) while the Sony PSP cost $10 but too small.

Found a piece of screen protector at Daiso last evening which measures 100mm by 176mm. Cost only $2/- and can be cut to size for use on 2 JR Transimiter. Still have some balance which can still use for 2~3 handphones.

This is the location where I found the screen protector and they have many sizes for phones, PDA, etc. I took the largest size, all same price.

This is how it looks like.

The JR screen is not rectangular with arch and curves which makes it harder to cut. So I have decided to make a paper template to guide me. Alternately, you may peel off the original protection plastic and use as a template.

Place the paper template below the screen protector and cut to shape. Must remember which side of the screen protector is the peel off plastic sheet.

Remove the original protection plastic and ensure there is not dust around.

You can either stick the screen protector directly onto the screen. However, as JR screen are very wide, I decided to spray a bit of window cleaner liquid onto the screen (or onto the screen protector film sticky side) so that there will no air bubble after installation.

Gentlely align the protector to the screen and press the liquid out from the film.
        CAUTION: Not to let the washer liquid sip into the Tx. standby a soft cloth to remove extracted liquid.

DoNE:
        If you use the window cleaner liquid method, you might have small pockets of liquid trapped within the screen protector. NOT to worry as it will slowly vapourise (about 2 days) and disappear. Once you take your Tx out for FF, the liquid will disappear.

I also cut a small piece to protect the rear label of the Tx module.

NOTE:
        The above 'window cleaner' liquid method is commonly used by those who fix large pieces of Sun-X flim to windows. Sure no bubble but must make sure that dust don't creep in too.
        Take care not to use too much as you do not want the liquid to sip into your Tx

Please let me know if this has help you.

HoPe ThIs Helps
        Heli
        Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
          Just called Diaso to check.

Both 12mm and 14 mm Alu pipes still no stock and not sure when coming. However, they told me there are few pieces of 8mm and 10mm Alu pipes left.

HoPe ThIs HelPs

Sorri

Was there last Thurs

Good news ! ....There's lots of stock of 12mm and 14mm alu pipes!

Bad news ! .....they're ALL silver colored !

Good news ! ......the silver color is not bad looking, almost looks like white from a distance !

Bad news ! .....I'm back from Overseas !

Good news ! ......I did'nt "SAIPOO" ALL the 12mm pipes !
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Thanks Tony for the news, now more NEWS:

Bad news - I bought the last 3 boom pipe for friends (dated 12 Dec 06).

Good news - left 14mm ones and steel ones only.

Good news - they still have the blade balancing stickers and the screen protectors.

"wow - news travels fast"

Originally posted by Ghostfit
            Was there last Thurs

Good news ! ....There's lots of stock of 12mm and 14mm alu pipes!

Bad news ! .....they're ALL silver colored !

Good news ! ......the silver color is not bad looking, almost looks like white from a distance !

Bad news ! .....I'm back from Overseas !

Good news ! ......I did'nt "SAIPOO" ALL the 12mm pipes !
            Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Here's a GrEaT opportunity, to save money again![/B]

Screen protector are really overpriced and I have been looking for a large piece to fix my tx for the longest time. Most cost between $17 to $22/- (LCD screen protector) while the Sony PSP cost $10 but too small.
              bro.. yur da man.. if you can mod a backlit on the LCD screen ..would be solid liao.. sometimes damn hard to see the LCD.. or maybe i old liao
              Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Comment

Better keep you eyes on the heli leh.

Backlight can be distracting....

I you really want, then you need to add a big piece of light guide together with several LEDs like the handphone. But light guide cannot get one, its custom made.

Originally posted by greenh0rn
                bro.. yur da man.. if you can mod a backlit on the LCD screen ..would be solid liao.. sometimes damn hard to see the LCD.. or maybe i old liao
                Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Thanks Tony for the news, now more NEWS:

Bad news - I bought the last 3 boom pipe for friends (dated 12 Dec 06).

Good news - left 14mm ones and steel ones only.

Good news - they still have the blade balancing stickers and the screen protectors.

"wow - news travels fast"
                  hmmmm let me see !

....you were there and grabbed the last 3 pcs of 12mm pipes on Tue 12 Dec, ....they replenished the stocks on Wed 13 Dec, .....I went and saw the new stocks (At least 40 over pcs of 12mm) on Thus 14 Dec .....

...anyone care to confirm if there are still any more 12mm alu pipes left (All of them are silver colored and may be easily mistaken for the stainless steel ones !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Bought a E-Sky Wooden blades for Belt CP (I think) today at Jet Hobby.
                    It is EK4-0009 Wooden blades 315*32*4.5mm. It is SGD12.5 per pair.
                    (Sorry I did not take photo of it)

I bought it for intention to use it for TRex. I bought 2 pairs for my TRex 4 blades.

Compare to Align Pro 325mm blades (I do not have Pro 315mm to compare), it is heavier than Pro 325mm and the chore (width) is slightly smaller. I think it uses normal wood and thus more heavier and stiffer than Pro blades.

The good point is cheaper than Align Pro blades. The bad point are:
                    The thickness at the blade grip is thicker than Align so in order for use in TRex, you need to remove the black plastic cover and drill the hole bigger (slightly bigger than 5mm). After that, put in the brass bushing used in older TRex blades.

The other bad point is that, 2 separate packages blades weight a lot different. One pair is around 23grams while the others are 25grams.

Tomorrow (Dec 16, 2006), I going to test it in Bishan to see how it goes.

SH

Comment

$12.50 Wooden Blades used for Trex (esky Belt CP)

Thanks SH for sharing,

Very useful information!

Looking forward to your flight test results. By they way, do they have 325 blades for Belt CP too?

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                      Bought a E-Sky Wooden blades for Belt CP (I think) today at Jet Hobby. It is EK4-0009 Wooden blades 315*32*4.5mm. It is SGD12.5 per pair.

........Tomorrow (Dec 16, 2006), I going to test it in Bishan to see how it goes. SH
                      Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

I do not see any other blades for Belt CP in JHobby that day. Not sure other LHS got longer length or not.

Tested fly it today for my 4 bladed head. Due to 2 pairs of blades having weight different of 2grams, I have to put them in opposite each other.

Flight characteristic is like normal. Overall, I would say it is ok for normal use.

EDIT: Maybe it is my imagination but I feel that the noise generated by the blades is louder than my Align ABS blades.

SH

Comment

hi..to all the old birds..im new in this hobby..wish to get trex 450s n futaba 6exhp pcm .but upon read thru so many threads.its kinda scary to pick up this hobby...as i know the settings of heli and the transimitter n etcs really need times n plenty of read up.full of headaches down the road..and i jz realised hw dangerous is the lipo batt..........please advise as i cant wait to get 1 to fly......

Comment

Welcome to DH

Hi jeal79m

Welcome to Daddy Hobby!

When I first started this hobby, I felt exactly the same way. However, as a member of the Daddy Hobby, you will be able to get alot of help around. Setting up the heli is one time learning experience which is very enriching.

Most important is to joint some fun fly team and get to know people in DH. You will realise that no amount of reading can match the learning experience of meeting and talking with fellow hobbist.

In this thread you will find several money saving ideas which I have started to help reduce the cost of owning this hobby. You are most welcome to contribute any new money saving ideas too.

Meantime, I have also notice that you have started a new thread on your query and will also reply you there.

Have yourself a Merry Christmas

Originally posted by jeal79m
                            hi..to all the old birds..im new in this hobby..wish to get trex 450s n futaba 6exhp pcm .but upon read thru so many threads.its kinda scary to pick up this hobby...as i know the settings of heli and the transimitter n etcs really need times n plenty of read up.full of headaches down the road..and i jz realised hw dangerous is the lipo batt..........please advise as i cant wait to get 1 to fly......
                            Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Trex Boom and Protective Screen update

Just came back from Diaso (ViVo City)

There are still about 25 pieces of 12mm alu pipes in alu colour only. For those who are interested, there are also stocks for 10mm,14mm and 16mm Alu pipes.

Screen Protector only left the slightly smaller size 6.5 iso the size 8 which should be sufficient for some Tx with smaller screen.

MeRRy CHRISTmas

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                              ...anyone care to confirm if there are still any more 12mm alu pipes left (All of them are silver colored and may be easily mistaken for the stainless steel ones !
                              Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

hi guys.thanks alot for ur replies.i saw some threads. and i wish to get trex 450s -USD$188.20 with the following config...please advise

1.Futaba 6EXH 6CH PCM Radio system 72MHz (Tx + Rx only) -USD$108.97
                                ( is it gd enough as its the cheapest liao)
                                2.Futaba GY401 + S9650 digital servo combo -USD$172.81
                                3.Hitec HS-65HB feather servo with karbonite gear for the cylic - USD$21.79 x 3
                                4.High discharge rate LiPo battery 11.1V 2100mAh (20C) with parallel plug -USD$44.23

total = USD 580 x1.6 = SGD 927
                                all from www.pinnaclemodel.com

i know i missed some thing out...i need a nicad batt for transimitter n receiver rite?where do get these cheap locally with charger?what type of lipo charger n balancer do i need?hw much?
                                please tell me wat did i miss out..thanks alot
                                im kinda scare when read so much attentions are needed for the lipo..very hazardorous leh...

actually its above my budget..but i wan something worth the money so i dun need to upgrade constantly.i intends to get it parts by parts so not so heart ache..anyway i diy those 4 pingpong balls as training kits liao..
                                some 1 said 9 ch is better?wah..very ex leh..

those radio parts are killing me man

Comment

Working...
                                X