Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 4YF radio should do fine for trucking but some of us use the Spektrum DX6i also. It has some nice additional features that make it easy to activate some of the additional features.
    Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
      Your 4YF radio should do fine for trucking but some of us use the Spektrum DX6i also. It has some nice additional features that make it easy to activate some of the additional features.
      Edit: Eg, 6 channels allow for additional lighting circuits, servo controls for additional functions, multi model memory, etc.
      Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Much appreciate for your inputs again. hmmm... looks like i got another option to go with..
        Benedict Gary
        Nothing's Too Small To Know And Nothing's Too Big To Attempt !

Comment

Edit: Eg, 6 channels allow for additional lighting circuits, servo controls for additional functions, multi model memory, etc.
          Hi r32, just 1 more Q... what i need to look out for using the DX6i other then binding with the receiver?

My main concern is using 2.4GHz using function on the DX6i tx is the same as the 4VWD attack tx?
          Benedict Gary

Comment

Spektrum uses proprietary receivers that as far as I know are only compatible with JR receivers. Futaba 2.4ghz require their own-brand 2.4ghz receivers.

If you come for our meetups we can show you what the DX6i can do more conveniently than on basic 4ch radios.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Spektrum uses proprietary receivers that as far as I know are only compatible with JR receivers. Futaba 2.4ghz require their own-brand 2.4ghz receivers.

If you come for our meetups we can show you what the DX6i can do more conveniently than on basic 4ch radios.
              When is the next meetup and location?

I thought DX6i is a digital trim tx...? will i be able to operate the truck the same way like i did on my 4vwd attack?

Thanks for your time... explaining so much thing i didn't know...
              Benedict Gary

Comment

I make up my mind getting the DX6i with AR6100e... will these work with my currently futaba s3003 servos..?
                Benedict Gary

Comment

Hi I'm using Futaba servos on my Scania as well, the Futaba plugs only require slight modification (cutting away a bit of plastic) in order to fit into the Spektrum receiver.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Hi I'm using Futaba servos on my Scania as well, the Futaba plugs only require slight modification (cutting away a bit of plastic) in order to fit into the Spektrum receiver.
                    After binding with the tx, rx and servos, link up with the mfu, do i just use the tx as it is, or i need to do some settings on the end points on every tx sticks and dual rates? Cos of the digital trim?
                    Benedict Gary

Comment

Hi Chester

Yes, you need to bind your transmitter and receiver, then set up your transmitter's settings before setting up your MFC to work with the receiver.

You're right in saying that you need to do some settings to your end points. If you're familiar with dual rate adjustments you can do it yourself. Basically you need to set up your dual rates for your channels so that 0 is 66% and 1 is 100% of servo travel. When you are running through your MFC setup make sure all your dual rate switches are set at 0 position. So when you flick your dual rates to 1, you can access the special functions.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Hi Chester

Yes, you need to bind your transmitter and receiver, then set up your transmitter's settings before setting up your MFC to work with the receiver.

You're right in saying that you need to do some settings to your end points. If you're familiar with dual rate adjustments you can do it yourself. Basically you need to set up your dual rates for your channels so that 0 is 66% and 1 is 100% of servo travel. When you are running through your MFC setup make sure all your dual rate switches are set at 0 position. So when you flick your dual rates to 1, you can access the special functions.
                        Many many thanks r32... hope everything runs well when i get my tx tomorrow. Btw, what rx you using? I planning to get the combo dx6i with AR6200.
                        Benedict Gary

Comment

I use the AR6110E park flyer receiver in my truck. I also bought the DX6i with AR6200 but I use the 6200 in my tank.

SG Tankies:

Comment

I use the AR6110E park flyer receiver in my truck. I also bought the DX6i with AR6200 but I use the 6200 in my tank.
                            Thanks again r32, i'll see how it goes after i get my tx tomorrow. Hope to see you and your friends truck. I've been reading up the thread on RcTech... Your scania looks way nicer then my.. My spraywork sucks... Hehe..
                            Benedict Gary

Comment

Hi r32, sorry to trouble you again. what settings do i need on the tx before connect to the MFU
                              Benedict Gary

Comment

Next meet is tomorrow 9th January at 2:30pm at Woodlands Drive 14 Blk 524A (MPH).

See you there!

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                                X