• Show
Clear All

Thanks for info.

Test out last night and looks like it already lack punch.. haha

But the runtime is rather good though... good FC.. hehe
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

One question for the future

What motor is recommended and with what capacity batteries to provide similar run time as my current stock.?

For example :

IF
      Tamiya silver can stock motor with 1800 mAh I can play for 10 minutes,

THEN
      What motor and what battery must I get in order to also play for 0 minutes ( but car is faster now, of course )

Is there a calculation, or is there some rough guidance ?

Appreciate !

Comment

Try 23T motor, it's a very popular class motor in asia.

Batteries, try this

Comment

23T can a stock Tamiya ESC take it or will it have fever after running ?
          i read some uses 19T.. so much choice.. how you guys decided what turns and what winding ( single, double etc ) to get..

Never really understood all these because I play nitro and all I knew was tuning the engine rather than getting info on motors.

I read Trinity had motors, which would you guys recommend and any shop sells them ? Beside Trinity, what other brands ?

I dont think will want to buy an expensive motor because of budget..
          From 1.3 auto upgrade to 1.6 or 1.8 manual will be good enough , no money to go to 2.4 or 3.5 turbos..

Comment

blueangel

Read through this site. quite helpful if you're starting on cars. http://www.easy-rc.com/

In regards to batt time play, basically, the higher your amp the longer run time for your car. The higher your Amp for batts, the heavier the batts, in context of nimh / nicad batts, so will your car.

Depending on your gear ratio and how you play around with your pinion n spurs, your final gear ratio is determine by what your motor turns, vice versa. All this is track dependant lah. Say if it's bashing n u have the need for speed, going in a straight line, then u gear low for speed top end. If you like technical tracks, where there is many corners and you need torque around the bend, gear higher.

cheers!

my 2 cents
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I think the cheapest speed upgrade would be a larger pinion gear !

Newbies always think that they need a better motor to go faster ...thus forgetting the learning steps of gearing the car correctly, driving the car according to the best racing line and practice, practice and more practice.

Moving on to a 23T now is not a matter of just getting a 23T motor ...you'll need a Fut MC-330 ESC minimum ! ...the stock Tamiya ESC will thermal shutdown if not leak it's magic smoke.
              You also need to upgrade to deans/bullet connectors as the Tamiya connectors will fuse together. On the car, upgrading to universal drives would be a good idea as well as CF reinforced parts.

...But once you go 23T racing, ...there's no turning back !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Hi Nixaad, Ghostfit,

Looks like I would definitely need a better ESC in order to get a faster motor.

I would try out with different pinions first definitely.. see where is the limit.

Deans already done on during my initial building of this car though.. so I won't have problem eventually when I move up. but Deans are expensive...

Oh yes, about the outdrive, since Ghostfit mentioned, noticed that mine is not metal.. think will wear off soon..

Comment

I regret coming into this hobby !!!

No lah..

Anyway, I went to Winnie on Wednesday and poisoned myself

Initial objective : Buy a HPI 190 mm body shell + 1 can spray paint
                  Secondary : Check out any offset wheel hub so that I can mount my foam tyres ( my foams are 26mm which is rubbing my turn knuckles )

Initial mission achieve : Silver Saleen S7R
                  Newly accomplished mission : 1 ESC, 1 23T motor, 1 headsink..

Total damage to enemy ( wallet ) $180

Comment

Working...
                  X