Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain in le-mans terms. Don't understand.
    Current Cars: Hot Bodies D812, Radiosistemi RR8.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
      While you're at it, you can also look for 840 bearings ! ...noticed that you had bushings in those shocks rocker arms !
      In layman's terms, 840 bearings are basically ball bearings, like those used in other parts of your car. Bushings are those copper-coloured circular thingies. It's quite clearly shown in your pix. My 05R has 4 of them in the steering arms. But I can't be bothered to go get bearings for them.

Yup, it's essential to read the manual. Read twice, cut once. (Actually, it's "Measure twice, cut once.") Tamiya manuals not very enlightening. Sometimes must sit and stare at it for awhile before understanding.

Oh ya, your front dampers pre-load is not equal. Left side more than right side. You might want to look into that.

...oi, friend! I was looking real hard at your pic and noticed you mounted your steering rods unevenly! On the left side, you mounted it on the outboard hole on the steering block arm. But on the right side, you mounted it on the INBOARD hole! Hmm...I think you might want to have a look at your car again and see if you've followed the manual correctly. Otherwise you might get weird, inexplicable errors while driving.
      I can haz diving?

Comment

Yo Nightbreed,

I think adrictan meant is to explain in Le-mans terms lah.....
        like this:

right adrictan ? ...keke...
        Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
          ...oi, friend! I was looking real hard at your pic and noticed you mounted your steering rods unevenly! On the left side, you mounted it on the outboard hole on the steering block arm. But on the right side, you mounted it on the INBOARD hole! Hmm...I think you might want to have a look at your car again and see if you've followed the manual correctly. Otherwise you might get weird, inexplicable errors while driving.

yes....was staring at it for 2hrs too....friend your left arm 2.212134233mm difference from the right 1.212323222mm..... the weight on the left is a bit off too....by looking at it....
          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

In layman's terms, 840 bearings are basically ball bearings, like those used in other parts of your car. Bushings are those copper-coloured circular thingies. It's quite clearly shown in your pix. My 05R has 4 of them in the steering arms. But I can't be bothered to go get bearings for them.

Yup, it's essential to read the manual. Read twice, cut once. (Actually, it's "Measure twice, cut once.") Tamiya manuals not very enlightening. Sometimes must sit and stare at it for awhile before understanding.

Oh ya, your front dampers pre-load is not equal. Left side more than right side. You might want to look into that.

Ok. I've adjusted the pre-load for the front dampers. The steering linkage is correct. Right side is the one that will be longer.

Comment

Originally posted by adrictan
              Ok. I've adjusted the pre-load for the front dampers. The steering linkage is correct. Right side is the one that will be longer.
              Hmm. 1st time i've come across unevenly attached links. Maybe IFSR different.
              I can haz diving?

Comment

Hmm. I've been looking at some setup sheets for your car, but I've never come across one that has uneven steering links connections. Maybe I haven't described it properly, but I hope the attached pic helps.
                I can haz diving?

Comment

Hmm. I've been looking at some setup sheets for your car, but I've never come across one that has uneven steering links connections. Maybe I haven't described it properly, but I hope the attached pic helps.
                  Ok ok..I get it now. Thanks

Comment

agree with most bros here. building up the ta-05 ifs is really a killer!!! took me a few months to really build, trial & error, perfected and understand the car. my car is about 60%-70% fully blinged up. its quite easy to really assemble the car but when you try to run it, you will definitely find a few errors there & a few errors here. in the end have to open and re-assemble to find the errors.

Comment

. in the end have to open and re-assemble to find the errors.[/QUOTE]
                      That's the most interesting part about this hobby.....
                      After you manage to trouble-shoot the problem, the satisfaction is undescribable

Flying Without Wings

Comment

I keep making mistakes even my gf is laughing at me. Broke the bridge mount, screw head wear off and stuck in gearbox holder so have to get Part A again. Servo ears cut off wrong side so have to order replacement servo case. Sucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by durex
                          . in the end have to open and re-assemble to find the errors.
                          After you manage to trouble-shoot the problem, the satisfaction is undescribable [/QUOTE]

tell me about it. but like what you said, the end result after you get it perfected is simply priceless...

Comment

Originally posted by sammz_987
                            After you manage to trouble-shoot the problem, the satisfaction is undescribable

tell me about it. but like what you said, the end result after you get it perfected is simply priceless... [/QUOTE]
                            Great ! ...but after you got it right and you overtake/smoke Durex is beyond priceless !

...he's always trying to 'CLOSE THE DOOR' when you're pacing him
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

OK guys....tonight I'll leave the doors open.....but you must overtake me first

Flying Without Wings

Comment

Originally posted by durex
                                OK guys....tonight I'll leave the doors open.....but you must overtake me first
                                Fwah ! ...tempting me to bring out the 6T V2 izit ?
                                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                                X