Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamiya TA05 IFS-R

Just bought a TA05 IFS-R today. The manual seems to indicate that the Pinion Gear is available seperately? Is it true?

I know there's been mixed reviews on the web regarding this. Pls post here for everyone to see.

The stock spur is 107T right? What's the current best Pinion/spur ratio for better aaceleration? I'm putting in 18T Team Orion motor, Futaba MC330CR ESC, Futaba R203HP digital servo and Futaba S9551 servo.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Sorry. Are TA05 parts compatible with TA05 IFS-R models?
    Current Cars: Hot Bodies D812, Radiosistemi RR8.

Most importantly, where u buy and for how much?
    I can haz diving?

Comment

U never reply my qns...

Anyway bought fm Stargek. Winnie too busy yesterday to check for me. BK closed so bought fm there. $350(discounted). Price tag put $370.

Comment

Recommend u try go ECP Taroda Racing in future.

The price there is more reasonable.

Alternatively, go for Winnie.
        Tx: Futaba T6XA 29MHz
        Planes in service
        ArtTech Cessna 182, 2nd;Self-Built Flying Wing, 2nd;GWS Formosa I, 2nd;GWS eStarter, 2nd; Interceptor EP, 2nd; World Model, Melting EP

Nitro
        Sonic 30 size High Wing

Others
        GWS DHC Beaver;EPP Mustang P51;
        BAT Flying Wing; HoneyBee FP: Hanger, still learning to fly

Scrapped
        Hacker El-Bandito

Boats in service
        Negotiator;Destroyer Yamato (tribute to Temannis)

Comment

The number on Stargek's site on Taroda is wrong.

Comment

The number I found on www.yellowpages.com.sg also don't work. No one pick up.

[SIZE=5]So what pinion/spur ratio should I go for? the Stock 105T spur can be changed to the 70T spur for TA05?[/SIZE]

Comment

Managed to reach them. They quoted $280 and that is the price he says is for normal walk-in customers. If members, will be even more cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by adrictan
                So what pinion/spur ratio should I go for? the Stock 105T spur can be changed to the 70T spur for TA05?
                The pinion/spur ration should be set according to the track you're racing/playing in ! (In addition to your motor and batteries)

Big, fast tracks requires a lower, faster gear ratio and small tight and technical tracks requires a higher gear ratio with more acceleration.

There is no hard and fast rule on the gear ratio for any cars, if it feels good to you, use it !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

If I am using 18T motor, in a tight circuit, I should be using a 26T pinion with the 105T spur to achieve 8.29:1 FDR which will give more torque?

In long circuits, my FDR should be lower than 8.29:1 so I must change my Pinion to higher teeth right?

Comment

U never reply my qns...

Anyway bought fm Stargek. Winnie too busy yesterday to check for me. BK closed so bought fm there. $350(discounted). Price tag put $370.
                    Wow. Next time go Stargek look see only. Cannot buy.

Sorry, never answer question because I don't know or unsure about the answers. I just use stock settings. :P

$280 is a more sane price.

Anyway, for those interested, Taroda Racing is located at ECP, somewhere near Mac's...same building it seems (I've not been there, just asked the shop owner over the phone). Operating hours 2pm-10pm, Tuesday to Sunday. Monday off. He says he's got Tamiya stuff and Kyosho 1/18 stuff....Hmm. Will go visit one day. Soon.
                    I can haz diving?

Comment

ECP Mac? So the time when I went to the old Big Splash there with the circuit for Tamiya, the shop is not there ah. Sure? It's located at the cluster of Mac's, 7-eleven, restaurants,etc?

Comment

ECP Mac? So the time when I went to the old Big Splash there with the circuit for Tamiya, the shop is not there ah. Sure? It's located at the cluster of Mac's, 7-eleven, restaurants,etc?

Hmm. Like I said, he told me over the phone it's in the same location as the Mac's compound. Did u see it at Big Splash?
                        I can haz diving?

Comment

I better call him again

Comment

I was informed by my friends that it was the old skate shop just beside the mac.

That's a crazy price btw!

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                              That's a crazy price btw!
                              Y'got that right! I'm going down for a look see tomorrow. My wallet is trembling.
                              I can haz diving?

Comment

Working...
                              X