Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need mod help on my EP Apro boat

hi, i want to mod my ep apro boat to be faster i have a 100 amp HW n 1900kv in runner motor i was thinking of using 4s lipo too.I got a motor mount from offshore. I need help to secure the motor mount to the boat.

What can i use? hotglue? i am a beginner in boat. pls advise thxs!
    Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
    SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
    Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

With that setup and stock prop, estimated speed will be ard 35-40mph. Amp draw is in the range of 90-100amp.

Use 30min epoxy and fibre cloth to attach the motor mount to the hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      With that setup and stock prop, estimated speed will be ard 35-40mph. Amp draw is in the range of 90-100amp.

Use 30min epoxy and fibre cloth to attach the motor mount to the hull.
      Thx, so how do I plan to put d electronics? I put d boat in d water n look for d sweet spot? Using 4s d boat will b heavier.

Comment

Just put in the electronics where they can fit lor. Ensure that the CG of the boat is ard 33% point from the transome. Then do a trial run. Move the batt according, either forward or backward to ensure it planes properly.

Example :

Overall length of boat is 1000mm from bow to stern excluding rudder extension.

So CG should be ard 330mm(33%) from the transome of the boat.

Thatz the est CG for mono and cat. Hydro and rigger have different CG, its a few mm behind the rear of the sponsons.

Comment

Err where's d transome?

Just put in the electronics where they can fit lor. Ensure that the CG of the boat is ard 33% point from the transome. Then do a trial run. Move the batt according, either forward or backward to ensure it planes properly.

Example :

Overall length of boat is 1000mm from bow to stern excluding rudder extension.

So CG should be ard 330mm(33%) from the transome of the boat.

Thatz the est CG for mono and cat. Hydro and rigger have different CG, its a few mm behind the rear of the sponsons.

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
            Err where's d transome?
            Here :

Comment

Hi, wat motor n length r u guys using I m thinking of getting a medusa motor, I m using 1600kv n 2000kv 70mm for my 1/8 convert truggies. U think 60mm is enough? I m thinking of 2000kv or 1800kv. I m planning in d long run build a faster boat.

Any advise? Btw is there anyway I can contact u besides here? Thx

Comment

Rigger I meant

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
                  Rigger I meant
                  A rigger runs at a higher rpm, 40,000-45,000rpm range.

It really depends on the batt u gona use.

For example : Ur current Apro with 4S lipo setup will be using motor of 1900-2200kv giving an optimal rpm of 25,000-30,000rpm. That is great for mono, cat or hydro. But definately too slow for a rigger.

Its best to have one motor for each selected hull u wana run.

Oh ya, u wouldnt wana contact me, cos I divert my call to Pizza Hut. Ppl get fustrated calling me. I pick up the phone as and when I like only when I see recognised numbers. Too many "bo liao" ppl call me. Its my phone so I choose to pick up the calls I wana answer only. The only emergency is Armageddon. Even my own parent and wife. As much as I want to avoid carrying a mobile phone at all. Over here is the best place and my email, cos I log in every single day except for weekends.

Comment

Lol sure,

ok so what size or brand of motor u guys use 60mm or 70mm?

Medusa is closing down so I tot I can get a 60mm 1800kv for us77.

A rigger runs at a higher rpm, 40,000-45,000rpm range.

It really depends on the batt u gona use.

For example : Ur current Apro with 4S lipo setup will be using motor of 1900-2200kv giving an optimal rpm of 25,000-30,000rpm. That is great for mono, cat or hydro. But definately too slow for a rigger.

Its best to have one motor for each selected hull u wana run.

Oh ya, u wouldnt wana contact me, cos I divert my call to Pizza Hut. Ppl get fustrated calling me. I pick up the phone as and when I like only when I see recognised numbers. Too many "bo liao" ppl call me. Its my phone so I choose to pick up the calls I wana answer only. The only emergency is Armageddon. Even my own parent and wife. As much as I want to avoid carrying a mobile phone at all. Over here is the best place and my email, cos I log in every single day except for weekends.

Comment

Hi, I realised a major problem the motor is 36mm compared to d smaller 28mm the mount has lifted the motor higher n d drive shaft is lower? Can I lift it up or I need to change to flex shaft?

It's major work?

Comment

U can always get an adapter plate made to fit a 36mm motor to a 28mm motor mount. It can be bought online or go to the CNC section and search.

As for the Medusa motor, they do not have stock already. For ur this boat, 60mm ones are more than enough.

Comment

I found my thread!!! There is a website of where I got from also since no CNC guys wana help.

Look here : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34231

Comment

i took some pics of my problem so u can see clearly. i think i bought the wrong motor mount.

i got a motor spacer but i dun think i can use it?

there are also some pix of my orginal setup.pls help.thx

Comment

do i need a shalf adapter also? my motor is 5mm shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X