Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
    Bro,
    The only limit I feel is the payload. The furthest one can go will be just by the battery used. I used to push 30% one direction but find that I still have enough battery on the return trip. The answer is that you have altitude that can be converted to speed when you decend. So 50% dist out is still safe as you can see on my Video. And I have to like spiral for 3 mins to bleed of the height and i think it's a waste of power. Next time i will stay up as long as I can and enjoy the view.... I think can fly 30mins or so... Good enough for me..
    The last time I was on 5x4 prop and really difficult to climb. The Vimeo vid was on 6x5.. and easy to reach the clouds. Answer... View is pricess. The V-mate res already not good imagine you see from goggle... STEAM

ben
    Wah so long ah, if I fly for 30 min I'll be very tired out.

6x5 is it the largest prop you can put on AXN floater?

Bro, time to get a better recorder. Hee...eee..

Comment

Tired??? No way.. I have a portable beach chair and once the flight is stable you get to sit throughout the flight. You must make the goggle comfortable though. Then enjoy the flight.

I have the easy cap but sianz to bring laptop out. somemore under bright light hard to see the screen. So i will be sticking with V-mate for now....
      Bro. So when are you making the long distance flight together. 4 km was it you said.... haha.

Ben

Originally posted by etman View Post
      Wah so long ah, if I fly for 30 min I'll be very tired out.

6x5 is it the largest prop you can put on AXN floater?

Bro, time to get a better recorder. Hee...eee..

Comment

Tired??? No way.. I have a portable beach chair and once the flight is stable you get to sit throughout the flight. You must make the goggle comfortable though. Then enjoy the flight.

I have the easy cap but sianz to bring laptop out. somemore under bright light hard to see the screen. So i will be sticking with V-mate for now....
        Bro. So when are you making the long distance flight together. 4 km was it you said.... haha.

Ben
        Bro, you are way ahead of me in FPV.
        I'm still beginning.

Besides my radio only 72 mhz can't go that far. at most 1 km.
        And I've yet to fly full FPV. I'm still switching between LOS and FPV to make sure my video signal is solid. Still getting intermittent video.

Its good to have a long term goal though. That's why I post that video of two planes flying together long range.

Comment

If you have your 72MHz setup correctly, you can get quite a bit of distance out of it. I've done 4km with my JR 9XII on 72MHz. Video is on my Vimeo/ExposureRoom link. Having said that, I don't recommend it unless you have some contingency plan.

On another note - why don't we just discuss all of this on RCG? There are no restrictions there and lots of other FPV'ers.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Wee View Post
            If you have your 72MHz setup correctly, you can get quite a bit of distance out of it. I've done 4km with my JR 9XII on 72MHz. Video is on my Vimeo/ExposureRoom link. Having said that, I don't recommend it unless you have some contingency plan.

On another note - why don't we just discuss all of this on RCG? There are no restrictions there and lots of other FPV'ers.

Daniel
            Thanks for advice. I would be careful not to push my 72 mhz too far.

Yup RCG is good platform with lots of experienced people, mostly foreigners.
            I would use RCG for sharing purely technical stuff and DH for linking up with local people.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I did a range test of 1200m out. The wind was strong and nearly did not make it back. Have to fly against the wind to get to shore. The comunication from the ships affected the video transmission but rest was good.

Pan servo got a little glitch but it's easy fix with ferrite magnet. let me know what you all think of it.

ENJOY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNAENsU2rE

Ben
              Hi, when the airborned equipment is up above the ground level , the range between the Tx and Rx can be very Far. Several hundred meters to kilometers. However when your airborne equipment drop to a low level from the ground level due to various reason(lost orientation, turbulence) , the range of the Tx and RX will reduced drastically.
              Just be aware of the limitation of the airborne equipment. They are height dependent equipment in terms of the range and RF coverage especially operating around the 2.4Ghz band.

Cheers

Comment

3km far, 1000m Alt

Ok... i can now say this plane is indeed a good plateform for FPV flight. If one can get around the space problem... then should be ok. I would put the max range to be 3km and height to be 1000m. This is limited by the size of the plane and the battery weight. i found 2200mah battery to be ideal. So far it flies well with a total of around 30 flights and of that 15 is on FPV. No crash so far and it still looks brand new. My new target will be that above, but will only happen in a month time. I will go on to the Twin Star II project as it is now FPV converted. It has more room and can carry plenty payload. i have done Pan 180degrees Tilt 100 degrees and will try out this new technology HeadTrackerR2. All my know how is put into this plane and if it works it will be really fun

Ben

Comment

The twinStar II with Pan/Tilt will be ideal for taking video of your dog fight.

Ben

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                  i think i'm going nuts liao like this... bro, maybe 1 of these days u can be our aerial cameraman while we have our dogfighting session. i think it will be just like the real world war... and also during the black eagles formation flying... do u think u can help? hehehe

Comment

hmmm

The twinStar II with Pan/Tilt will be ideal for taking video of your dog fight.

Ben
                    ok bro but i will be on afternoon shift this sun. do u think u can make some time for us to come in the afternoon? hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X