Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPV AXN Floater 1.2km out at Sea

Hi everyone,

I did a range test of 1200m out. The wind was strong and nearly did not make it back. Have to fly against the wind to get to shore. The comunication from the ships affected the video transmission but rest was good.

Pan servo got a little glitch but it's easy fix with ferrite magnet. let me know what you all think of it.

ENJOY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNAENsU2rE

Ben

Fascinating! And nice landing ... Is this Tuas?

On the screen, you have two sets of numbers on the right - one above the other. The one at the top looks like it shows your altitute. What about the number below it?

Comment

Yes you are right on the altitude on the right of the screen.
      It shows how many meters up high the plane is at. The bar indicator just below that is the variometer. it indicates the altitude change. When it shows upwards means the plane is on the climb and vice versa.

Ben

Originally posted by jsec1992 View Post
      Fascinating! And nice landing ... Is this Tuas?

On the screen, you have two sets of numbers on the right - one above the other. The one at the top looks like it shows your altitute. What about the number below it?

Comment

Hi

It is amazing that you are able to receive the signal from so far out how much does it cost? The whole set up must consist of so many components and sensors, can you provide more info on the entire set up I might be interested in building something for a long term project. Thanks in advance
        Go back in one piece to fly another day.
        Having fun yet?
        36.39mhz
        40.77mhz

Comment

Actually this distance I am flying is still very conservative. 2km will be my next flight target and Alt of around 500m. Should be easily done. I have also changed to a slightly bigger prop to fight the wind.

Ok the Video set up will cost you around $500 fully loaded. What I mean fully loaded is that it has all the OSD ( On Screen Display) and GPS. Thats the one most important sensor which will give you dist, alt, spd, gps coordinates etc.
          Basic set up do not require the OSD which will just be around $200.

Equipment that was on the AXN Floater;
          LM1000mw V Tx
          Sony Sn777 Camera
          BlackStock OSD (Current sensor + GPS)

Hope this will help.

Ben

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
          It is amazing that you are able to receive the signal from so far out how much does it cost? The whole set up must consist of so many components and sensors, can you provide more info on the entire set up I might be interested in building something for a long term project. Thanks in advance

Comment

Meet the Plane

This is what I use for the video.

Ben

Comment

Nice setup

Really nice video and music. I also like your setup with camera on a mini servo. Cheers bro...

Comment

Sweet. Where to get the equipment and does it require any further work to get it working ie soldering, cabling etc. I ask because I am someone who can't tell a watt from an ohm.
                To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

I get most of my stuff from NG hobbies. You will need soldering and wiring skills to do FPVs as it usually need to wire up camera Vtx Osd. The equipment will come with wires open.

If there is a will there is a way...

Ben

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                  Sweet. Where to get the equipment and does it require any further work to get it working ie soldering, cabling etc. I ask because I am someone who can't tell a watt from an ohm.

Comment

Bro, very interesting to see you push the limits. Wah you have guts to fly over the sea and so far out.

Comment

May I know the Thomas Scherrer long range radio how much it costs and where to buy?

Comment

etman.. i saw the system at readymaderc... u can try there...

Comment

Where to buy...

I got it direct from Thomas.
                          Link http://www.webx.dk/rc/uhf-link3/uhf-link3.htm

Ben

Originally posted by etman View Post
                          May I know the Thomas Scherrer long range radio how much it costs and where to buy?

Comment

Will be flying My Clouds Fly FPV this Sunday.... So any suggestion on the location you guys like to see. i particularly like the one next to the Tampines flying field with a quary and across that is the Bedok reservoir. All within 2km range.....

Ben

Comment

You guys might like this:-
                              I went out to fly today, in the hopes of getting a bit more than the 4km range that I did the last time. It was a little windy and the video towards the end wasn't…

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X