Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    2) SAF CORE value number 6 : Do anything u want but dont get caught.

haha, got this Core value meh? How come when I water paraded during my NS days din not read this out b4?
    Maybe this is the new core value, number 8

Comment

Hi Viper,

After the project completed and assessed. What happen to the 5 m plane, return to SP or can bring home?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
        haha, got this Core value meh? How come when I water paraded during my NS days din not read this out b4?

Comment

I think I give Viper and his team a great round of applause for an awesome job. We need more innovative young Singaporeans. I trust when they planned to maiden the aircraft they probably got a lot of the details and safety aspect covered. Honestly, it's really tough trying to nurture innovative young minds when the environment they are in is rather sterile.

I am pretty sure that the authorities are aware that Woodlands is used as an "illegal" flying field. But for everyone of us who patron the field, we took our chances, was it legal? Go figure. I have flown there for years and it is always refreshing to see new faces on the field. So let's chill and give Viper the compliment he deserves. After all, we are as guilty as he is.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
            no lah, this is SAF core value no. 6 (the hidden mode, unlocked only when become lao jiao).
            Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
            Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by renold View Post
              Hi Viper,

After the project completed and assessed. What happen to the 5 m plane, return to SP or can bring home?
              Return to singapore poly! , i don't think the school wants the students to bring home the plane. Its for display purpose in school... and to show the future generations of students .
              Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

haha maybe he wants to buy
                JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Not taking away the effort and success from the SP students. It's hard to do anything aviation in SG without stirring up authorities anyway. No dispute, "illegal" field it is.

But it will be just prudent to highlight the risks involved and learn from it. I would think most rc flyers won't overfly into populated territory like this on a maiden, planning and safety aspects covered.

Pic

Kindly avoid doing this. It's not worth the consequences.

Admin: you can remove this pic if it is undesirable public material. Tks.

note: I have removed the pic.
                  Last edited by Cycross; 28-11-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
                    I think I give Viper and his team a great round of applause for an awesome job. We need more innovative young Singaporeans. I trust when they planned to maiden the aircraft they probably got a lot of the details and safety aspect covered. Honestly, it's really tough trying to nurture innovative young minds when the environment they are in is rather sterile.

I am pretty sure that the authorities are aware that Woodlands is used as an "illegal" flying field. But for everyone of us who patron the field, we took our chances, was it legal? Go figure. I have flown there for years and it is always refreshing to see new faces on the field. So let's chill and give Viper the compliment he deserves. After all, we are as guilty as he is.

Cheers!
                    Thaaaaannnnnk you so much for speaking up..., i was almost left speechless...... thanks Spooky , very very much..

With rules ,restrictions ...blah blah blah..., i don't remember flying rc plane 1 year ago was that troublesome until today. I do not want all these to stop me from my passion for flying, I've only started rc flying 18 months ago and i don't want to stop soooo soon, its addictive you know!

Sure they are safety,rules,common sense and lifes involved..., obviously, me ,8 other guys and one teacher took that into consideration before even taxing that plane to the runway and madien it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I belive 100% sure with my own eyes, the plane didn't fly above the buildings. I was the pilot and i have no intention of flying above any roads, buildings or people.

Pheww..., man. Ok guys can we stop this blaming/arguements/wrong doings etc .... no more, I don't like it. I created this thread is to share my experience with you people, the projects going on in singapore poly.

I didn't post this here to say " Haha, come watch me fly this 11.5kg RC plane above roads and building!!!"
                    Build it
                    Fly it
                    Crash it
                    Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
                      Return to singapore poly! , i don't think the school wants the students to bring home the plane. Its for display purpose in school... and to show the future generations of students .
                      For display.... what a waste.

Comment

Chill it man, folks here are just saying this out of good intentions. Some of us have flown RC for years now, we have seen some incidents we rather have prevented. Whatever you make of it, nit-picking or otherwise, is not in our control. I'll leave it as that.

Good luck to the Global Hawk maiden. and don't bake in the sun again! At least put sunblock la

Comment

Ok *shake hands

Yeps, we'll put sunblocks, bring caps and umbrellas next time round!

Anyway, its school's orders to put it up for display..., If we bring it home, Singapore poly will have nothing to show to the next batch of students!! . They use global hawk and Skybox as an...erm, attraction for the secondary school students comming in.
                          Build it
                          Fly it
                          Crash it
                          Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                            I am not against u or anything. Just a frenly posting. Just wana let u know:

1) Cover ur own backside.

2) SAF CORE value number 6 : Do anything u want but dont get caught.

i tot was #6 core value was ethics?

Comment

vipper1990,

nice work your team has done!

Just curious, what's the purpose of this FYP? Was it to scratch design these planes and finally build it to show that the engineering maths and calculations work in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky View Post
                                vipper1990,

nice work your team has done!

Just curious, what's the purpose of this FYP? Was it to scratch design these planes and finally build it to show that the engineering maths and calculations work in real life?
                                purppose of this project is just to see wat they have learn in the aeronotical for the pass 3 yrs dump everything into this project.

Comment

Working...
                                X