Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
    for those who know, the planes are back in stock :d
    yeah. anyway for those who have this plane, care to share what type of battery you guys use and the weight of the battery. thx alot!!!
    -Ehawk 2000 Pro
    -Mouton 1600 EV
    -AMD micro chili
    -HK Kinetic800
    -SF Learjet45

Comment

I'm on TP 1320 3S ...around 80+g per pack

Viflyer, ...
      Hi Norm,

These planes should be around 350g DRY ! ...mine was sitting in the light drizzle and absorb quite abit of water ...thus 550+ g

Flew her again yesterday after drying her out to around 400g ...much better.

Will try with a GWS 10 x 6 HD prop today.
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Hi guys. thinking of getting one of these planes.
        Can advice your setup and the weight of each component like motors, esc and lipo? Thank you so much.

Comment

Would advise you to follow Viflyer's advise and epoxy the landing gears mounting after you've strapped them on with the zip ties. ...just dun ask me why !

Here's more photos before I move on to the next 'project'

Comment

Even when glued on the gear is still too long, i.e. too weak for the plane.

I was going to try another version by this company if I liked this one but I am going to pass.

Comment

Agreed ! ...but it did make very hard landings forgivable to the plane !

I guess those long and thin wires gave the whole LG arrangement extra shock absorbing qualities

...To be sure, I'll be putting CF LG on the Silent next.

Comment

Hey Tony

Can you help me order one of these...maybe the silent.
                Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                Having fun yet?
                36.39mhz
                40.77mhz

Comment

Silent

I wouldn't mind seeing some good build pics and opinions of the Silent when/if any of you guys get one?

Comment

I've managed to sort out the warp wings and best CG for the Extra 300s. It flies alot better now, I must say that this model sorta grows on ya.

A few points:
                    1) Despite the weight, she's a floater !
                    2) For some strange reason, wind dun seems to affect her as much as other models.
                    3) A Hairdryer is pretty useful for curing warps (Yes, I took the risk to experiment )
                    4) Dun bring this model out if the skies even hints that it's gonna rain.
                    5) There is nothing in the world like flying a plane that'll laugh at the ground rushing up to meet her.

Originally posted by viflyer View Post
                    I wouldn't mind seeing some good build pics and opinions of the Silent when/if any of you guys get one?
                    Hi Norm, ...keep an eye on this thread

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                    Can you help me order one of these...maybe the silent.
                    Can ...I've got quite a number of students bugging me to order it for them, ...will order a Yak54 and Gee Bee next. since they're in stock, interested ?

Comment

Tony, thanks for tips.

Collecting mine tomorrow, should be able to maiden this weekend.
                      Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

hehe juz got mine today, set up will be:
                        4x HXT900 servo
                        TR2213-924kv wit 11x4.7
                        zippy 1000mah 25C
                        hp titan 20A esc
                        airtechnic 6ch rx

hope to keep the weight below 400g.
                        -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                        -Mouton 1600 EV
                        -AMD micro chili
                        -HK Kinetic800
                        -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                          I've managed to sort out the warp wings and best CG for the Extra 300s. It flies alot better now, I must say that this model sorta grows on ya.

A few points:
                          1) Despite the weight, she's a floater !
                          2) For some strange reason, wind dun seems to affect her as much as other models.
                          3) A Hairdryer is pretty useful for curing warps (Yes, I took the risk to experiment )
                          4) Dun bring this model out if the skies even hints that it's gonna rain.
                          5) There is nothing in the world like flying a plane that'll laugh at the ground rushing up to meet her.

Hi Norm, ...keep an eye on this thread

Can ...I've got quite a number of students bugging me to order it for them, ...will order a Yak54 and Gee Bee next. since they're in stock, interested ?

I would like to order a silent if you may, please. Thank you in advance.
                          Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                          Having fun yet?
                          36.39mhz
                          40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                            I would like to order a silent if you may, please. Thank you in advance.
                            Okay ! ...hope you dun mind waiting
                            Originally posted by Touch n Go View Post
                            hehe juz got mine today, set up will be:
                            4x HXT900 servo
                            TR2213-924kv wit 11x4.7
                            zippy 1000mah 25C
                            hp titan 20A esc
                            airtechnic 6ch rx

hope to keep the weight below 400g.
                            That's almost what I have on the extra ! ...try an APC 10 x 4.7 SF prop, I've settled on this after testing many, many other props - APC, GWS, MA, AeroCams carbons, etc

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                            Tony, thanks for tips.

Collecting mine tomorrow, should be able to maiden this weekend.
                            Excellent ! ...dun forget to post your vids and picts here !

Comment

I built a Gee Bee 2 weeks ago and I just finished building an Extra last night. The LG is very flimsy, but I modded both planes as follows.

Get a small CF rod (1.5mm is about right) and use it as a cross brace across the LG. Tie it on with lots of cottom thread looped around the LF and CF piece and then CA it and hit it with kicker. Works a treat! The LG still has lots of flex forward and backward, which helps in a crash, but the outward movement under the weight of the plane is virtually eliminated.

/ \ LG with cross brace tied on with cotton thread
                              / \ and CAed. Wrap cotton around all possible
                              -/-----\- paths to prevent the join from slipping up
                              / \ the LG leg if the CA joint loosens.
                              [] []

BTW The Gee Bee is an awesome plane to fly; one of the best 400-500g EPP 3d planes I've flown and I've flown just about all of them. It's not a precision plane, but for fun hardcore 3D it's tops. I probably won't get to fly the Extra for a few days as the forecast is for strong wind until mid next week.

My Gee Bee and Extra are both 480g AUW with a 62g motor, 95g battery, GWS 10x6, 4 HXT900 servos, 2 15cm servo extensions and an AR6100. Despite the weight, the Gee Bee is floaty. I also glued some short CF rods onto the control rods as they flexed too much for my liking, especially the rudder control rod. I also found the CA hinges a little fussy to install because they're so flimsy, so I used some stiffer CA hinges I already had that didn't fold over every time I tried poking them into the slits in the foam. I'm not a patient person and I had access to a better alternative so I used it. I suppose that if you're very patient the kit hinges will be satisfactory.

Comment

Extra ready for its maiden

I can't see a way to edit previous posts....

Comment

Working...
                                X