Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of the RE Extra300 EPP

Just to share my latest toy

I've always been interested in EPP planes after flying the SouthernCross3 and a few Hokosei models. They're totally cool in case you bash them into the ground while trying new moves.

I prefer the epp built up models over solid epp model like the Zoom, Sniper and Flash as they're lighter and more durable ...but they're more costly ...until now that is !

I saw the new range of such models from Red Eagle, immediately ordered a couple and they arrived yesterday

I'll be building them up and posting some photos here to share together with a flight report later.

This is the model as it comes out of the box.

Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

The wings has airfoil built by folding a sheet of 2mm epp over an epp ribs and spar frame, re-inforced with CF strips internally, which you can see against the light.

It's stiff and light !

Comment

The fuselage is also internally re-inforce with CF strips and epp which wraps around the wings and extend to the motor mount.

I like this, it prevents those nasty 'snapped off' nose when you bash them head first.

Comment

Even the feathers are internally re-inforced with CF sandwiced between 2 sheets of 2mm epp.

Here's the Aileron, Rudder, Elevator and Horizontal Stab.

Will try to complete the model this weekend and post some flight reports

Comment

Opps, forget to mention about the cloth re-inforcement around the high wear and tear areas

Comment

Hi Tony, the planes looks good internally and externally!
            i was considering one of these models but i was too late .
            i like the silent 3D but have to wait quite awhile for restock.
            -Ehawk 2000 Pro
            -Mouton 1600 EV
            -AMD micro chili
            -HK Kinetic800
            -SF Learjet45

Comment

After looking thru the Silent and Extra300 ...Now I also want the Yak54 !

...I think they will most probably restock all models pretty quickly seeing how fast it sold out !

The key is to put them in your wishlist and login every other day to check the status.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                After looking thru the Silent and Extra300 ...Now I also want the Yak54 !

...I think they will most probably restock all models pretty quickly seeing how fast it sold out !

The key is to put them in your wishlist and login every other day to check the status.
                haaha!. i was putting them in cart and then realise that they are out of stock in just 2 days!.. hope to hear your flying report soon.

ps: really like your signature!
                -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                -Mouton 1600 EV
                -AMD micro chili
                -HK Kinetic800
                -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by Touch n Go View Post
                  ps: really like your signature!
                  Sadly, it wasn't not meant to be funny or witty ...it's the true fact !

Comment

hmmm

looks like an Airfoilz model. Been eyeing to fly one for a long time. anyway great kit u got there. do post up the reviews here ya. would certainly like to know more feedback on it... hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                    sigpic

Comment

wow ..... nice ...... can help order one sometime later this year ?
                      Quick !!!!!!! Flight Review + Video !!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Helis
                      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic View Post
                        wow ..... nice ...... can help order one sometime later this year ?
                        Can ! ...no problems, ...if they have stocks that is !

The build is taking longer then I expected ! ...Old habits die hard
                        I just had to go do the 3M spray adhesive and packing tape on all control surface trick !

Will be running the following:

2212-870KV motor
                        15A ESC
                        1200Mah 3S lipo
                        HXT900 9g servo x4
                        Assan X8R6 2.4 Rx

Crazy things are happening around the office this week !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post

2212-870KV motor
                          15A ESC
                          1200Mah 3S lipo
                          HXT900 9g servo x4
                          Assan X8R6 2.4 Rx

I just finished the airframe and looking at your proposed set-up, I suspect you will not be happy with the AUW. I am surprised at the weight of this plane. Must be all the CF in the airframe. Looks like it will come in about 2ozs or more than my CMS Composites Boom with the same set-up!!

I will post exact AUW comparisons shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by viflyer View Post
                            I just finished the airframe and looking at your proposed set-up, I suspect you will not be happy with the AUW. I am surprised at the weight of this plane. Must be all the CF in the airframe. Looks like it will come in about 2ozs or more than my CMS Composites Boom with the same set-up!!

I will post exact AUW comparisons shortly.
                            I agree, ...it certainly feels heavier than my SX2 ...will have to finish up installing the electronics before putting her on the scales.

I suspect its from all that glue needed to stick all the control surfaces together.

My Glider flying experiences tells me that AUW is no indication of how well a model will fly, it will only let you know how much vertical performance the plane will have.

Looking forward to your comparisons !

Comment

Have u got it fix, can i fly?

Comment

Working...
                              X