• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure bro ! no problem ...aren't you glad you're mode 1

...just dug out the digital scale. ...SX2 AUW = 320g
    Extra 330 epp = 350g - 370g depending on the battery

Hoping to maiden this sat !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Here's more epp and foamies for you to drool at !

Hope some LHS can contact them and bring them in ...affordably

Comment

hmmm

after hrs or surfing high and low, i finally found from where u got this kit. yahooo... but sadly its out of stock. sigh. thought of laying my hands on it but have to wait. btw bro, pls put up the reviews and any suggestions u might have for this lady. keen on flying it someday. hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I have some weight comparisons for three of my planes including the new Extra 300. I have included the Flash just as a comparison of the smaller planes.

The Boom and Extra are set-up identically except for the motors:

2-BMS 306
          2-HS-55
          Phoenix10
          GWS RP4

The BOOM (36") weighs in at 10.25ozs.( 290g) / Komodo 2407-16 ( 51g/prop and adapter) LESS battery.

The Extra (34") weighs in at 12.25ozs. ( 347g) with the Himax 2808 ( 59g/prop/adapter). LESS battery

Finally, for further comparison we have the Flash:

2-BMS 306
          2-HS-55
          Phoenix 25
          GWS RP4

The Flash (39") 13.0ozs. ( 368g) with a Komodo 2413 ( 74g/prop/adapter).

I would note that there is a post above indicating that the CZech solid EPP planes tend to be HEAVIER than built up EPP planes??? Doesn't look that way at all in this case.

Comment

Wish I could edit here, but since I can't, I will add a few things I have considered with th Extra. I haven't flown the plane yet, but it was my hope to run a 2808 class motor system with the plane like the Boom, but it is clear from the weight of the plane that Ghostfit's power system will be more appropriate for the plane. That puts it up in the class of the Flash, and with identical system and battery, it looks like it will actually come in with an AUW greater than the Flash!

I gotta look at the actual wing areas of the planes?

Comment

And I am hving a bit of a problem finding a battery that will allow me to close of the top with the velcro?

Comment

Hi,
                I just got one of these and found this forum when I was searching for info on the plane. I have been able to follow the "Engrish" in the instructions for most of the build or use my own (meagre) building knowledge in most of the cases, however the one area that I just can not figure out is the engine mounting and what the two extra bits of epp foam cut in the same way as the engine mount are used for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
                Pupmeister

Comment

The foam pieces are provided so you can adjust the distance of the prop/adapter/motor from the front of the fuselage. I used the thicker one for my installation.

Comment

Originally posted by viflyer View Post
                    The foam pieces are provided so you can adjust the distance of the prop/adapter/motor from the front of the fuselage. I used the thicker one for my installation.
                    Thanks, I was worried that there was some special hidden use for them

Comment

Originally posted by pupmeister View Post
                      Thanks, I was worried that there was some special hidden use for them
                      ...they have also included an extra piece of epp, about 3" x 7" for just in case you need to patch up te model. ...easy to mistaken it for scrap packing material.

I haven't flown the plane yet, but it was my hope to run a 2808 class motor system with the plane like the Boom, but it is clear from the weight of the plane that Ghostfit's power system will be more appropriate for the plane. That puts it up in the class of the Flash, and with identical system and battery, it looks like it will actually come in with an AUW greater than the Flash!

I gotta look at the actual wing areas of the planes?
                      You are right, a bigger motor would be better, the 2212 will only just fly the plane, hoverable but not comfortably. ...I'll try a couple of different props before deciding to upgrade the powerplant.

And I am hving a bit of a problem finding a battery that will allow me to close of the top with the velcro?
                      The best I found is TP 1350Mah 3s ...just able to close the velcros and hold the lipo in place ...gives me about 8 mins of flying time.

Comment

Managed to maiden the plane last Sat afternoon, the first flight was scary ! ...I had setup the controls throw for extreme 3D and forgot to dial in expo ! ...bonked it into the field and was thankful I didn't break the prop ! (the rest of the model was unbreakable, remember !)
                        Dialled in between 50% to 70% expo on the Tx and tried again.

I suspect a warp in my wings and the model showed it in the air, have to cure it later at home.
                        The 2212 motor with a APC SF 10 x 4.7 was only just bearly able to pull the model up vertically, hovering did not have the crispness I was expecting of a 370g model. ...I found out later at home that I was actually flying a 550g+
                        model ...there was a slight precipitation and high humidity during the maiden and the epp soaked up every drop of water falling on it !
                        I will try a few different props next to see if there is any difference.

The model is capable of any 3D moves in the book but I'll have to say that it feels more like flying a IFO/RC Kite than a true 3D model ...the very short fuselage/tail section means the elevator and rudder do not have very much precision or feel to them.

Will try an shoot some picts and videos of it flying later.

Comment

hmmm

looking forward to the vids bro. hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                          sigpic

Comment

YIKES! The little beast came in at 19oz +????

That is definitely no good!!

Man, I hope I didn't waste my money on a dog??

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                              Managed to maiden the plane last Sat afternoon, the first flight was scary ! ...I had setup the controls throw for extreme 3D and forgot to dial in expo ! ...bonked it into the field and was thankful I didn't break the prop ! (the rest of the model was unbreakable, remember !)
                              Dialled in between 50% to 70% expo on the Tx and tried again.

I suspect a warp in my wings and the model showed it in the air, have to cure it later at home.
                              The 2212 motor with a APC SF 10 x 4.7 was only just bearly able to pull the model up vertically, hovering did not have the crispness I was expecting of a 370g model. ...I found out later at home that I was actually flying a 550g+
                              model ...there was a slight precipitation and high humidity during the maiden and the epp soaked up every drop of water falling on it !
                              I will try a few different props next to see if there is any difference.

The model is capable of any 3D moves in the book but I'll have to say that it feels more like flying a IFO/RC Kite than a true 3D model ...the very short fuselage/tail section means the elevator and rudder do not have very much precision or feel to them.

Will try an shoot some picts and videos of it flying later.
                              thx for the review! how heavy was ur batt?
                              i was lookin at zippy 1300 but the weight is abt 100+g
                              the 1000mah looks too small for good flight time. maybe im wrong
                              din have any experience on light 3D plane, need help!
                              -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                              -Mouton 1600 EV
                              -AMD micro chili
                              -HK Kinetic800
                              -SF Learjet45

Comment

for those who know, the planes are back in stock :d

Comment

Working...
                                X