Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDream View Post
    One more question, brother Tomcat, where did you place your ESCs? GWS manual said to use ESC extention from motor to ESC, wouldn't that introduce lots of EMI noise?
    to be more precise, i stuffed each esc in each boom, slightly behind the engine, then run silicone wire extentions from the batter input ends of the esc under the wing roots to the central gondola, it;s a bit of work.
    DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

You mean something like this??

Comment

That will involves some cutting of foams on both halves of the boom to fit the ESC in. My concern is air-flow around the ESC. I wonder if it will get too hot during flight.

So far, this is my progress... until I hit the speed bump of the ESC location.

Comment

i sliced alot of foam from the place your esc pic is. if it;s small enough, you can stuff it in the cavity. if not, slice a long channel to the face of the boom, that should solve your cooling and esc problem, you can refer to my pics, i think i did show where the escs are mounted
          DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

looks like i didn't take a picture, hmm it;s the slit which slants up just below the lower motor mount stick slot in the second pic.
            DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

I've decided to enlarge the cavity to accommodate the ESCs. So far, it looks ok. Also cut elevator servos slot. . . silly me, forgot that Y-cable rotate servos is reverse directions. Ended up having to re-cut one of the holes. . . which brings me to wonder, if we use y-cable for motor/ESC, what effect will that have on motors? Does it have reverse effect on one of the motor too??

Comment

Stormy weather- LIGHTNING!

Hi fellows,

Finished painting my P-38, maiden it as a white ghost of a plane before painting about 1 or 2 month ago.

Just to share a couple of pics.

Beautiful plane on the ground and in the air- have fun.

Cheers
                tbolt

Comment

I've decided to enlarge the cavity to accommodate the ESCs. So far, it looks ok. Also cut elevator servos slot. . . silly me, forgot that Y-cable rotate servos is reverse directions. Ended up having to re-cut one of the holes. . . which brings me to wonder, if we use y-cable for motor/ESC, what effect will that have on motors? Does it have reverse effect on one of the motor too??
                  OKAY, actually, the y-cable doesn't reverse anything. the reason why your servos seem reversed is because of the orientation of the servo. Try connecting two servos to a y-cable and have both servos with the horn-face side (the side where you screw in) facing you. you will notice the servo moves in the same direction.

a y-cable only connects in parallel. For the reversing effect, you a need a y-cable with an inverter.

as to the effects of ecs/motor on a y-cable, basically, you can control two motors with one channel. It frees up one more channel on your receiver (can use as gear,flaps, or even machine gun )

however, the dis-advantage is if your twin motor and esc combos are not of the same health. (date of purchase, condition, length of use), your motors will not be in syncronization, which is bad for your plane. And using a y-cable prevents you from triming the engines to sync.

personally, i prefer having two channels to two motors. It;s safer.
                  DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tboltsg View Post
                    Hi fellows,

Finished painting my P-38, maiden it as a white ghost of a plane before painting about 1 or 2 month ago.

Cheers
                    tbolt
                    DAMN! that's one hell'va beauty. I'm painting mine before maiden. Thinking of doing a macross roy focker color scheme
                    DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Hi fellows,

Cheers
                      tbolt
                      Excellent airplane. Great paint job. Like the invasion stripe.She will fly well.

cheers

Comment

Hi fellows,

Cheers
                        tbolt
                        Oh that is so sweet... it is the california cutie?? I am going to pain that scheme too. Only that in actual plane, the top wings doesn't seem to have black/white stripes..

How did you get the nose art?? Can share??

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER View Post
                          OKAY, actually, the y-cable doesn't reverse anything. the reason why your servos seem reversed is because of the orientation of the servo. Try connecting two servos to a y-cable and have both servos with the horn-face side (the side where you screw in) facing you. you will notice the servo moves in the same direction.

a y-cable only connects in parallel. For the reversing effect, you a need a y-cable with an inverter.

as to the effects of ecs/motor on a y-cable, basically, you can control two motors with one channel. It frees up one more channel on your receiver (can use as gear,flaps, or even machine gun )

however, the dis-advantage is if your twin motor and esc combos are not of the same health. (date of purchase, condition, length of use), your motors will not be in syncronization, which is bad for your plane. And using a y-cable prevents you from triming the engines to sync.

personally, i prefer having two channels to two motors. It;s safer.
                          Well.. I've got 2 identical motors and ESCs. They are both brand new.. I plan to employ them in push-pull fashion. Starboard engine normal, Port engine reverse.. hopefully that will reduce the effect on non-sync engine.. or it will be a really short maiden.

Machine guns... hmmm... what's your idea??

Comment

Well.. I've got 2 identical motors and ESCs. They are both brand new.. I plan to employ them in push-pull fashion. Starboard engine normal, Port engine reverse.. hopefully that will reduce the effect on non-sync engine.. or it will be a really short maiden.

Machine guns... hmmm... what's your idea??
                            either lasers or 1mm ball bearings... hahahhahaha , maybe the r/c dog fighting kit. with a sky cam. hahahhaa

regardin your propellers, don't use identical and reverse one. get counter-rotating propellers. i will pm you how to get them
                            DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Hi fellows,

Thanks for the all the comments. U guys r a nice bunch. The nose art is a pic I found by wandering the I.net. Just print out and scotch taped onto the plane. The words are hand painted.

Please make a stand to rest your P38. Sit mine for a couple of weeks and it developed flat tyre on the rear. Pops back to shape after I made a stand to rest the aircraft.

Attached close up of the nose art, will attached the pic file of the girl when i find her in the jungle of computer files.

Cheers
                              tbolt

Comment

swee swee
                                Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X