X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

negative, emi's not on their wish list... hahahhaa

oh well, i got no credt card!!!!
    cannot order online

cannot order online, guess i have to settle for gws....
    it;s not that bad if you look into it this way... hahahhaah
    DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Maidened my GWS P38 yesterday at ponggol FW. I must that I am happy with her performance. Using the recommanded CG, no trims were required during flight. The plane is able to do slow flights and slow turns without stalling the wings. The only down side is that with 2 BL setup, the flight time is limited. Kept my to 5mins with a 2200mAH batt.
      OnDuty:
      EPP Red Reno
      Nitro SeaBee .46
      EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
      Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

Comment

DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

just asking, the emi uses counter rotating propellers or same direction?
          DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Revive!

TIME TO REVIVE THE LIGHTNING LOVE...

Here is my build thread for my lightning p-38

Specs:

Emax bluesky 2215/25 brushless motor X2
            Emax ESC 18a X2
            HET-RC 9G MICRO SERVO X2 (AILERON SERVOS)
            Futaba 3107 Micro Servo X2 (Elevator servo)
            Futaba 3110 Micro Servo x1 (Nose wheel and Rudder)
            Hitec Electron 6 RX x1
            Rx battery (tentative till bec is purchased) x1
            Dualsky 11.1 2200mah lipo x1

any advice?
            DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

And here we go:

glued both wings to fuselage:

Mod for twin elevator servos:

Twin esc to be installed in the booms:

Servo installation (HET-RC 9G servo)... looks a little like dynams

Popping the hood, Lightning style! hahaha, dry fitting the wiring.

Epoxying down the twin booms:

Got lazy to measure and estimate the exact center of the elevator between the booms, so i used the provided screws and mounting sets. GWS took the liberty (a good one) to pre-drill 2 holes in the elevator fin so that you know where to mount it... makes it a whole lot easier.

Elevator's made of depron, with that length, flexing might be a problem, so i reinforced it with diamete 3mm carbon rod

The near completed baby, awaiting glassing with motor test fitted:

Wire hiding technique!
              Now you see it?

Now you don't!

GWS made recessions at the areas where the flaps of the lightning are.. makes me think that they intended for people to build flaps on this baby... However, i got a lack of servos, against my temptation to install a set of flaps, i decided to cover it up with masking tap and glass over it:

anyone installed flaps on their lighting?

that;s about it for now
              DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

More information on mine here...

Now I am thinking of bringing in this balsa kit from nitroplanes.com

sigpic
                FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

sweet!, i think the gws one looks better though... of all the gws planes i have seen so far, i think the lightning looks the best... of course that;s before the f-15, skyhawk and j-10 were produced...

o yeah. just wondering, where did you mount your elevator servo? boom mod? cause i don't see any linkage wire running from your cockpit to the elevator
                  DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Servo is in the boom. Got a flex tube and a thin piano wire leading to the elevator. Well hidden...
                    sigpic
                    FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Single servo? mine is twin, one on each side. Trying to counter elevator wrap. If you have force applied on only one edge the elevator will kinda warp in mid flight right?
                      DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER View Post
                        Single servo? mine is twin, one on each side. Trying to counter elevator wrap. If you have force applied on only one edge the elevator will kinda warp in mid flight right?
                        sorry to revive the thread.. I just started building mine. need some advice, noticed in your photo you cut fins for rudders. where did you hide the servos? in the fus too? so you have 1 channel controlling 3 servos? or did you disable your nosewheel??

Thanks.

Comment

HAHAHA, was about to revive it anyway, no worries, besides thread revival is a good thing.

k let;s see this link may be helpful to you, for my build, i am modifying "red61"'s build.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598760

twin elevator servos mounted each at the internal-side cowling of the booms. running a metal rod from servo to elevator.

rudder shares the same servo as the nose wheel, i am using flex wire (actually it;s bicycle brake wire) inside a fish-tank tubing (yes i know i am budget and i regret not getting a good piano wire set). from the nose wheel servo to the rudders. will post pic by fri.

my build is not proven or perfect so don;t count too much on it.
                          DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Thanks.. wow, that tread is really long...

Comment

One more question, brother Tomcat, where did you place your ESCs? GWS manual said to use ESC extention from motor to ESC, wouldn't that introduce lots of EMI noise?

Comment

hmmm, for me i place my escs at where the manual said it should be... should be okay, cause the magnetic flux is weak at the shaft and tail end of the motor, it;s stronger at the sides of the motor.

i runned my motors with propeller installed a-okay, so no worries.... it;s best to follow the manual. My experience with gws planes says, the minimal the modifications, the better. don;t do anything too risky.
                                DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X