Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my kit from GWS taiwan. It comes in full green. Initailly I put in a mushroom motors, the pink colour one from jet hobby but later change to GS Outrunner BL Motor C28-26 900KV as one of the mushroom motors will KO at high throttle setting. With these outrunner , no prob even with 3 blade prop. ESC using the 2 hobbywing 18AMP ESC.

At the moment I'm still trying to get the motor to sync at different throttle setting and doing some taxi runs. I modified the vertical stablizer to add a rudder but its only on one side. The rudder is connected to the nose wheel servo.
    OnDuty:
    EPP Red Reno
    Nitro SeaBee .46
    EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
    Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

Comment

The EMI P-38 details looks good. From the looks of it, its built looks better then GWS. Maybe aerosmith can consider bringing it in?
      OnDuty:
      EPP Red Reno
      Nitro SeaBee .46
      EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
      Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

Originally posted by mufsin
        Got my kit from GWS taiwan. It comes in full green. Initailly I put in a mushroom motors, the pink colour one from jet hobby but later change to GS Outrunner BL Motor C28-26 900KV as one of the mushroom motors will KO at high throttle setting. With these outrunner , no prob even with 3 blade prop. ESC using the 2 hobbywing 18AMP ESC.

At the moment I'm still trying to get the motor to sync at different throttle setting and doing some taxi runs. I modified the vertical stablizer to add a rudder but its only on one side. The rudder is connected to the nose wheel servo.
        how do you sync the motors? can teach? hahahaha
        DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

There's a few ways u can sync 2 motors. First u set one as a master and the other as a slave. So u adjustment on ure TX will be with the slave. Method 1 is by measuring the current drawn by each ESC. Method 2 is using a tachometer to measure the RPM. Method 3, which i feel is the best is using u're ears. Yup...when 2 motors are not in sync u can hear a unique sound...like...voom..voom ...voom...hmmm...like waving a light sabre in star wars. Adjust the slave motor until u hear a single frequency. I find that even if u get 2 same ESC and 2 same motors, they tend to draw different current. To sync the motors is very important. You wouldnt want u're plane to yaw uncontrollably when u add power. Remember secondary effect of yaw is a roll. Worst can happen is when u takeoff, it yaws and then rolls upside down when u want the plane to climb
          OnDuty:
          EPP Red Reno
          Nitro SeaBee .46
          EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
          Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

Just an idea, what if we use 1 single ESC with high amp output? Example. 2 motors draw 10amp each, on the safe side, we get say 40amp ESC. Do you think it will work? or it doesn't work because the other prop need to turn the other way? enlighten us please.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mufsin--------Alamak Beb. Beli Satu Aje ka

Comment

2 motors...

like thay say..
                2 times the motor, 4 times the trouble...

Has the P-38 taken off yet?

Comment

Hmm...not sure if 1 esc can do the job. Has anyone tried? By the way...to have the prop turning in opp direction, one of prop must has opp pitch. Can u get them in Singapore?

Originally posted by nixaad
                  Just an idea, what if we use 1 single ESC with high amp output? Example. 2 motors draw 10amp each, on the safe side, we get say 40amp ESC. Do you think it will work? or it doesn't work because the other prop need to turn the other way? enlighten us please.
                  OnDuty:
                  EPP Red Reno
                  Nitro SeaBee .46
                  EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
                  Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

trying out first lah bro. I good then can buy more hahaha

Originally posted by ridz
                    Mufsin--------Alamak Beb. Beli Satu Aje ka
                    OnDuty:
                    EPP Red Reno
                    Nitro SeaBee .46
                    EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
                    Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
                      Hi,

That is an idea for brushed motor, but can't work for a brushless motor...One of the method mentioned was to use 1 channel for every ESC and using the variable knob to sync the motor.

It doesn't work cost brushless motor work with the principle of a AC motor, and the ESC will have to determind the position of the magnet before sending the phase signal into the motor, with 2 motor connected to a ESC, the ESC can't determind the position of the motors and if you do so, one motor will run while one motor will be always out of phase, thus will be hunting around for the sequence.

Happy Flying...
                      Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio
                        like thay say..
                        2 times the motor, 4 times the trouble...

Has the P-38 taken off yet?
                        Hi,

2 times the motor, 4 times the trouble, 16 times the fun and 256 times the experience gain....

Happy flying
                        Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

GWs current new products are great heres my AT-6 Havard in action

My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                          (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                          (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                          (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                          (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                          (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                          Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                          JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

counterrotating prop

Originally posted by mufsin
                            Hmm...not sure if 1 esc can do the job. Has anyone tried? By the way...to have the prop turning in opp direction, one of prop must has opp pitch. Can u get them in Singapore?
                            Check out master airsrew 3-bladed pusher props found at NTC. They are reverse pitch.. the last I check the pusher prop are the nitro variant... so running on electric may be a little less efficient.

Comment

mus, how u got that lightning?
                              DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

I got that from Taipei GWS shop. I think u can get it too from Rotor.

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER
                                mus, how u got that lightning?
                                OnDuty:
                                EPP Red Reno
                                Nitro SeaBee .46
                                EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
                                Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

Working...
                                X