• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well.. to stop the flutter:

The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

elevator setup

Originally posted by RadioControl-Sports View Post
      The manufacturer did recommend cutting out the compartment if bigger packs are desired.
      The top canopy foam can also be cut away to accomodate.

by jet-ster in rcg
      HI, need help . i connect both servo (elevator ) onto y cable . but it move in different direction . PLs advice thanks

Comment

u got 3 options bro...

1) use separate channel for the othr elevator. mostly recommended, but ur tx and rx must haf extra channel to to dat.

2)get a servo reverser OR switch ur servo wiring (inside of servo) on one of the servos so that the servo will run in reverse direction. u mus knw which wire and able to solder.

3) run the linkage of one of the servo so it runs the opposite side of the current postition. if ur servo horn that u are using is the one at the top, then u need to use the one at the opposite direction( the one at the bottom) so right now the linkage will run at an angle instead of parallel to ur elevator. but pls take note, this mod will somehow need u to cut part of ur elevator to make way for the new position of the linkage rod.

i knw its kinda confusing but the basic is u need the horns to move at the same orientation. play ard with the positioning of the servos to get the best outcome...

hope this helps..

Comment

Hello,

Reverse freewing servos are available in aerosmith-hobby at fook hai. Be sure to get the 90degree reverse servo not the 120 reverse, those are for retracts.

Cheers
          aerosmith-hobby team

Comment

btw.. this plane really flies beautifully... LOVED IT

Comment

Hi just crashed my concept X. When i took off, the plane rolled to the left. May have been because i took off before reaching v1. Just wondering, do you bros set dual rates for your aileron and elevator? If you do, how much? Thanks alot.

Comment

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
                Hi just crashed my concept X. When i took off, the plane rolled to the left. May have been because i took off before reaching v1. Just wondering, do you bros set dual rates for your aileron and elevator? If you do, how much? Thanks alot.
                You didn't set dual rates and Exponentials??

Man... you got it rough, buddy.

Set the dual rates - I set my ailerons to 60% and elevators to 70%.. You may want to set them lower - your choice

Comment

Originally posted by hoorey View Post
                  with 3s setup can used 4cell lipo just set to low timing.
                  can used 3cell lipo ( set to high timimg ) or 4 cell lipo.safe cos.
                  may i ask what do you mean by "low timing" and "high timing"? interested in teh 4s setup. Can i use a 3s batt too?
                  Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Further Review and Analysis

Yes... As above mentioned.

1) The aircraft joints are not glued together like what some might think. Its actually sort of - tacked - together by some light sticky substance. Advisable to just split the fuselage in half (from nose to tail) and re-glue the joints with 5 minute epoxy.

2) The design of the aircraft makes it totally rubbish on low speeds. It bleeds alot of speed at a fast rate. So the faster this plane goes - the better it flies. I swear on it.

3) Battery compartment is actually within the CG range, the battery is only giving it the weight it needs to balance the motor. However, it needs work when fitting some brands of 4 cell batteries.

3) Building is fairly simple and very accurate. Not much trimming needed in maiden flights. I was amazed at how straight this plane flew on its first flight in the air.. almost no trimming needed!

4) Extremely sensitive to flight control inputs. Dual Rates and Exponentials highly recommended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I crashed mine this morning due to the pilot being an idiot... but because of the weak joints, the plane is totally repairable (Physics - weak joints absorbed most of the impact damage) and any non-forumer would be none the wiser.

Hobbywing 60A ESC
                    Zippy 1x 4S 14.8v 2650mAh 40C Lipo Battery
                    Freewing motor (1.1kg thrust)
                    Freewing 64mm stock fan

Personally very very happy with this setup already. Will not upgrade the plane any further. This aircraft is definitely a trainer for those dreaming of flying more powerful setups one day (power in excess of 1kw).

Comment

Working...
                    X