Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 14 Blades View Post
    Babylon5

Can you please stop misleading people with your own theory on 4800KV motor??? It is ok if you keep quiet if you don't know.. thanks.

Any experience flyer who had use a 4800KV will know you are bullshitting..

Sorry to be so direct...

I have at least 6 planes on the 4800KV setup... very happy with it...

I ever use 5250KV on 3 cell 30C on 6 blades EDF, one word... SONG!!

I think you should stop living in the well, climb up and get some air please.
    Just Answer the following:-

Are you sure the tower pro 40 amps ESC can with stand 4.8KV on 3S with the 6 bladed EDF especially on a 2250mah 30C brand new lipo?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post

Are you sure the tower pro 40 amps ESC can with stand 4.8KV on 3S with the 6 bladed EDF especially on a 2250mah 30C brand new lipo?

Cheers
      Glad to answer a noob question... you must be a beginner right?

All my 64mm EDF setup as follow:
      1) HobbyWing or Turnigy 40A ESC
      2) 6 Blade fan
      3) Rhino 2250mah 30C

By the way, I also tried with Rhino 2250mah 40C Lipos, lagi SONG!

You want to see a live demo? Please come to our field.. All my flying buddies are on this setup(including me).. hope they don't scare the ball out of you..

Any more question?

Don't just talk lah... action speaks louder bro!!!

Comment

Item number 4 added

Glad to answer a noob question... you must be a beginner right?

All my 64mm EDF setup as follow:
        1) HobbyWing or Turnigy 40A ESC
        2) 6 Blade fan
        3) Rhino 2250mah 30C
        4) 4800KV Topband outrunner

By the way, I also tried with Rhino 2250mah 40C Lipos, lagi SONG!

You want to see a live demo? Please come to our field.. All my flying buddies are on this setup(including me).. hope they don't scare the ball out of you..

Any more question?

Don't just talk lah... action speaks louder bro!!!

Comment

Cheers
          why not? i'am using the same setup for my planes but battery is 3S 2250mah 40c.maybe you should try first before giving fedback to others.

Comment

bth

UH Bro, I'm not trying to say that your knowlage is no good or what so ever but i've tried 5250 kv on 64mm fan using 2250 mah 25c battery and tower pro 40amp esc ,0the performance was great and motor , esc is only warm . CHeers

Comment

Hi Babylon,
              may I know what is the optimal set up for 64mm edf in your opinion? I would like to hear your set up since u r a "senior" flyer. Me newbie, thinking of buying a edf next Chinese new year if my ang bao allows

Comment

concept x

In case you are not aware , there are issues associated with the 4.8KV motor with the 64mm EDF . This setup will probably suck up over 50amps of current on 3S lipo on a 64-65mm EDF fan 5blade or 6blade at near max power.
                Some people claim they have no issues with this setup but I have my doubts.

Most common issues are burn ESC and heat problems. You may want to check it out on the internet or ask around with people who has similar setup.

Cheers
                tq for ur advise.
                my 4.8kv only 280w.i already test it with turnegy watt meter only 35.something amp.i dont fly full throttle at 5 min.

Comment

Cheers

I ever used 5250KV on a 6 bladed 64mm EDF on 2250mah 30C...

What is the problem with 4800KV on 6 bladed 64mm on 2250mah 30C?

Comment

I ever used 5250KV on a 6 bladed 64mm EDF on 2250mah 30C...

What is the problem with 4800KV on 6 bladed 64mm on 2250mah 30C?
                    The motor spun and all went wild
                    They all cheered "FLY!" as vibrations were mild
                    So one punched the throttle to have some fun
                    And a big bang was heard
                    The fan tore itself apart

The End
                    The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Bro,

You need to try the $18 EDF set from Jet hobby, I need a nose dive with this blade expose in the nose on my DIY project and it still did not break.

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...7&idx=1&gid=14

Tried it and never look back, it had never fail me, even my planes crash in full throttle position, the fan blades are still in tact.

For just $18, it is worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                        pretty normal for such foam planes.. all my foam EDFs are heavily modified. Throw away almost everything stock and put in better quality replacements..
                        Bro,

By the way, can you share your heavily modified setups for EDF and what are the models of planes that you have modified? Like to learn from you.

1) Motor KV
                        2) ESC used
                        3) Blades used
                        4) What Lipo used?
                        5) Size of fan converted

Comment

Originally posted by hoorey View Post
                          atually i am new to edf.
                          before this i saw a lot of my friend edf fly very slow and only take 3 to 4 min,
                          baterry got very hot some time blotted.very scared.
                          but i like the sound and the shape of edf plane.
                          that why after looking and thinking quiet long,i decided to try
                          CONCEPT X. i bought it from sky hobby ( when pre order )
                          this is my set up : 1)9c tx with frsky 2.4ghz + 8 ch rx
                          2)2250mah lipo 30c 3s
                          3)40 amp tower pro eac
                          4)6 pcs 9g turnigy servo
                          5)freewing 4800kv out runner brushless motor
                          6)freewing 64 edf
                          maiden flight yesterday morning at jusco tebrau city flying field
                          it can fly 5min with full throttle.to me it very fast and easy to control.
                          come down :- the baterry motor and eac just warm.edf ok no need to balance
                          i like it very much.
                          wil order i more unit with red velocity edf.
                          [ATTACH]94806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94807[/ATTACH]
                          Hi Hooray, I have a proposal that would put everyone mind at ease. I am willing to measure the current of your setup.
                          I will bring the following :-

1) The magnetic sensing type current meter
                          2) Servo checker so that it can be use it to turn on the ESC without the need of the transmitter or receiver.
                          3) A few good high capacity battery(3S) of my own
                          4) A 75amps ESC.(My ESC is standard bullet for motors and Dean connectors for the batteries side. )

All you need is bring the EDF , the intended LIPO and ESC.

We will document the setup. If you have camera bring along if not I will bring mine.

If you agree please PM me where and when to meet.

Cheers

Comment

Bro,

PM send to you on the meeting location and time.
                            So what if you got the results of the Amp drawn? How it is going to help?

If we can fly and show you the blades won't break or the ESC won't burnt in flight and that is good enough right?

Please bring along your perfectly setup F-86 Sabre, like to see how it performs.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                              all my foam EDFs are heavily modified. Throw away almost everything stock and put in better quality replacements...
                              Hey bro..

Can you share your heavily modified setups for EDF and what are the models of planes that you have modified?

I felt my setups are too light for a excitement, looking forward to see a heavily modified setup from the seniors here. Got lots to learn, please advise:

1) Motor KV
                              2) ESC used
                              3) Blades used
                              4) What Lipo used? (Mah & discharge rates)
                              5) Size of fan converted

Comment

Originally posted by skysea View Post
                                Hi Babylon,
                                may I know what is the optimal set up for 64mm edf in your opinion? I would like to hear your set up since u r a "senior" flyer. Me newbie, thinking of buying a edf next Chinese new year if my ang bao allows
                                When you mention the word Optimal you need to define what is optimal.
                                Optimal in terms of thrust or in terms of power input or efficient or overall systems.
                                Again efficient is also loosely define. To some efficient is maximum thrust and minimum input power or it could be maximum flying speed with constraint power. (Personally I prefer maximum thrust and minimum input power)
                                Pick one.

Many 64mm edf fan are limited by the rpm the blade can safely handle.
                                If you are looking for cheap china made fan , some (but not all) blade will just break apart at high rpm. I have a fair share of many broken impeller especially the 5blade "R" brand and its clone counterpart EDF when I first use them.

Beside the blade ability to survive the rpm, the setup depends on the matching between the motor KV and the torsional loading of the motor. Its very difficult to tell which is better until you have tried or does some experiment. Higher KV motor will give you more thrust but it will also take in more power and there is point where diminishing return sets in. There is high probability the the blade will break using high kv motor. To avoid this problem I would normally choose a compromise the power setup and chance of breaking the blade or worst still a melt down.
                                You must also balance the blade to get optimal result. Ensure that the blade is balance and the EDF runs smoothly with little or no vibration. This will also reduce the chance of a broken while running.
                                So far the motor I use is around 3.9KV to 4.3Kv , the current is around 24 to 33amps on a 2250amps 3 cells for the 5 blade 64mm blade. As for the broken blade problem I solve this by re-strengthening the blade carefully. Its a lot of work and I don't think you want to take that route.

For higher power setup I will go for the 70mm wemotec on HET or mega motor or the world model EDF or some other hardy type edf.

I hope this will help.

And lastly get a good ammeter that can measure the systems current setup without introducing parasitic resistance to the electrical systems see attachment. The operation current will determine the size of LIPO , duration
                                of flight and further enhance your optimal performance if that is what you are interested at.

Note I am a bit conservative when comes to lipo power usage . I always use this rule as one component for optimal performance "is never drive your lipo to an early grave ". I would limit to 12C maximum discharge for 20C packs and 15C maximum discharge for 25C discharge battery packs respectively.
                                With this rule I have ample flight time and my battery packs result in a reasonable life span.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X