Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudder Modification

Dissatisfied with the way the rudder is originally designed to be installed, an alternative method was conceived to achieve 2 objectives.

- Concealed rudder control mechanism, no ugly exposed slots and horns.
    - Easy maintenance access to servo via the removal of wing vs permanent installation of rudder servo with no future access.

Rudder with horn at the bottom 90 deg to the side.

Vertical Stab ready for rudder slotting, note the little area gap for the horn of the rudder to fit right through.

Here is a video of the rudder in action after the mod. First scene shows where the servo is being situated with the next 2 showing the rudder in motion. Much nicer I must say.

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Data for 6s 2w30 on 6904 fan

The CC ICE 100 ESC I bought off new from Tchi Mun (Thanks Bro!) is a pretty interesting piece of device. I checked out the data logging feature and I must say it is working pretty well and the numbers looked to be quite real accurate I believe.

Comment

8s power flight video

On the same motor 2w30, I went 8s with CC Ice 100 and squeezed about 30km/h more and it 230+km/h. I now have a pretty heavy T-45 at 2.1kg and it still flies very well. The only thing is landing needs a bit of care. Also, the HET fan is now beyond the spec limit, if anyone is going 8s setup, please try the lowest timing first. My fan rotor actually pop loose in flight on this 8s maiden, not too difficult fix but I am just worried it will happen again despite red locktite and whatnots.

Last edited by edmond22; 11-07-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hope ain't no motor's burning
          The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
            Hope ain't no motor's burning
            Actually, that is the last thing I am worried about. The fan limitation is more worrisome.

The 2w30 is actually advertised on HET site to be 8s EDF motor. You will get some smart alec every now and then saying the motor can't take it and what not lol. For its price, I think it is ok to try lol.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
              Actually, that is the last thing I am worried about. The fan limitation is more worrisome.

The 2w30 is actually advertised on HET site to be 8s EDF motor. You will get some smart alec every now and then saying the motor can't take it and what not lol. For its price, I think it is ok to try lol.
              relief there...

cos i just blew 1 motor, albeit a cheapo one and i also destroyed an EDF stock fan...

(Fan speed too high.. blade expanded and just hit the shroud and snapped)

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                relief there...

cos i just blew 1 motor, albeit a cheapo one and i also destroyed an EDF stock fan...

(Fan speed too high.. blade expanded and just hit the shroud and snapped)
                Bro, for fan brands, I only go for Wemotec and Het or even Shuebler (a bit exp). Wm400 and Sapac raise an eyebrow (might try one day). The rest I ignore. The way I look at it, buy them, a bit more exp but will last you a long time.

My HET and Wemotec previously lasted so long that when I threw them one out, it is because they are worn out in adapter, shroud mounting, motor mounting areas etc. They went through several models already lol. Even when I cartwheeled my f20 several turns when trying to do a touch and go on grass (this is when you feel like buying new plane), the fan still survives to be in the T-45.

I never did balancing with them lol. Wemotec instruction manual also tells you best not to mess with balancing, cos they balanced it industrially for you, our RC grade magnetic balancing will not be able to match. When overpowered beyond the spec, the rotor has so far detached itself (adaptor) from the motor completely instead of throwing blades, Not sure if this is my tightening skill or what, but from what I can tell, you can afford to have this happening many times with no damage other than some visible marks on your nose cone or ducting.

Comment

Hear hear!

Will be glad to see many more flights out of your T-45

Comment

On Wemotec Mini Fan Pro 8s

I found time to replace my old HET 6904 fan with the Wemotec Minifan Pro (this different from the old minifan, Pro version is with metal nose spinner) and I am very very impressed with its quality. I dun remember hearing such nice EDF whine and balance. It is so smooth running that the entire flight sound is even quieter than before!

Here is the flight from last Saturday. Much quieter, slightly less speed and amp draw from 6904 fan. If you compare this video with the earlier one on 8s but 6904 fan, you will probably notice that this video seem faster (which in reality, us flyers thought so too) but if you run a doppler analysis on it, you will get a reading of max 220+km/h only. Both used Vado HD camera and it is one proof that video eye judgement of speed means nothing. Still on zero deg advance, time to bump it up to 5 deg and see how much more I can squeeze out of it.

Eric! I think I can safely say the HET 2w30 is ok for 8s esp on the Wemotec Minifan Pro. Once I can get some readings of the data logger, I will share here.

Belly Landing as usual is darn crap for this model if you added a lot of weight like rudder mod and 8s power etc. Even with flaps (retracted right before touch down), it is still pretty hot with almost full 8-9mm of up elevator pulled.

Comment

You are beyond our reach! At least I am going to stay put with 6s set up.

I found time to replace my old HET 6904 fan with the Wemotec Minifan Pro (this different from the old minifan, Pro version is with metal nose spinner) and I am very very impressed with its quality. I dun remember hearing such nice EDF whine and balance. It is so smooth running that the entire flight sound is even quieter than before!

Here is the flight from last Saturday. Much quieter, slightly less speed and amp draw from 6904 fan. If you compare this video with the earlier one on 8s but 6904 fan, you will probably notice that this video seem faster (which in reality, us flyers thought so too) but if you run a doppler analysis on it, you will get a reading of max 220+km/h only. Both used Vado HD camera and it is one proof that video eye judgement of speed means nothing. Still on zero deg advance, time to bump it up to 5 deg and see how much more I can squeeze out of it.

Eric! I think I can safely say the HET 2w30 is ok for 8s esp on the Wemotec Minifan Pro. Once I can get some readings of the data logger, I will share here.

If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

big place for big plance
                        JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400 View Post
                          big place for big plance
                          Ooooos Plane
                          JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Belly Landing as usual is darn crap for this model if you added a lot of weight like rudder mod and 8s power etc. Even with flaps (retracted right before touch down), it is still pretty hot with almost full 8-9mm of up elevator pulled.

I think the next feature Youtube requires is a slow motion control.
                            Wow, that was fast.
                            [CENTER][B]RC-Warbirds Pte Ltd, Singapore[/B]
                            Hotline:[U]+65-93513471[/U]
                            Email: [EMAIL=Sales@RC-Warbirds.com]Sales@RC-Warbirds.com[/EMAIL]
                            Visit Us Today: [URL=http://www.rc-warbirds.com]http://www.rc-warbirds.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/RCWarbirds"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
                            [/center]

Comment

I think its time to try landing on a scale model carrier

Comment

Data for Wemotec Minifan Pro

ok, I managed a flight this evening and logged the data.

Incredibly, at launch, the data peaked 2.95 Kw at 60k+ rpm. This settles down to 58k+rpm of about 2.7 Kw. I have no concern for the health of the ESC or motor lol. The data measured a peak of 65 deg Celsius for ESC which sits right behind the motor. They are packed closely to each other and I think the ring is doing its job of cooling. Other than the launch peak of amp draw 101, it settles down quickly to 90 amp and below for all of the speed passes. The 2w30 is actually doing much more than what is advertised lol. The Minifan Pro is great for this setup, 60K rpm no problem at all. The chart is pretty interesting too, I noted for a while now that when the plane is at full throttle doing high speed passes, the esc is actually cooling down whereas the 50% or so managed throttle is cooking the temp higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X