Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
    Edmond
    Just some observation, you fill the gap around the horn is very good but you should remove the red covering slightly so the the epoxy can grip on the balsa. I know it will not look very neat.
    You are right! That was a oversight I realised only after I committed!
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

MR Ho, Alex, Mick, Edmund Heng, Leon - Please follow this thread closely in order to do it right the first time.
      If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

To get maximum bond, sand down the horns where you applying epoxy and drill a couple of tiny holes. push some epoxy through.

Comment

80% Done

Some pic to share...

Comment

hehehe

Originally posted by ehawk View Post
            MR Ho, Alex, Mick, Edmund Heng, Leon - Please follow this thread closely in order to do it right the first time.
            No nO NO...:L

Comment

Originally posted by f22 View Post
              Some pic to share...
              Nice work on the battery tray there!

Comment

86% done

hehehe...

Comment

I'll have breakfast ready this Saturday for the maiden flight.
                  If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Should be able to maiden tomorrow. 86% finish or 86% in-complete?

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                      should Be Able To Maiden Tomorrow. 86% Finish Or 86% In-complete?
                      :d:d

Comment

madien

will madien this saturday with edball

Comment

Guys, I took this video too seriously but he is too fast for me to catch up kekeke.

Comment

hmm...

I am suspecting that he probably has been building a few before arriving at the proper techniques for this Sapac.
                            The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Lol TrailBlazer, I suspect so too. Even though it is accelerated video, it is still fairly difficult to get it this "right"

Anyhow, Continued on the flaps tonight. Because the distance between the horns are short, only 1 clevise could be used. This means I need a Z bend on one end.

Finished Flap control linkage, I actually trimmed the supplied horns down a little to make it same height as the Ailerons horn.

Uniform height, great. Mr Ho actually bought some control rod covers, I might explore those as the build progresses.

A short video of the setup test for the wing. I also experimented with timing of the flap servos. At 3 second delay timing, this provided a very nice scale movement of the flaps.

Continued Build from 1st June:

Installing the Fan I prepared earlier with some fiber tape for best fit adjustment.

Once happy with the fit. I custom made some wood blocks to glue to the sidewall of the fuselage on the inside. This is for securing the HET fan. The original design manual calls for only cable tie, I did not like that idea.

Completed fan installation and ducting

Canopy ready for spraying

Sprayed canopy with some lining for nicer look.

Completed Plane with stickers, I actually maidened this plane prior to this step.

Last edited by edmond22; 04-07-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Well done guys. you are building faster then I can read the thread
                                Looks like a "mass maiden" this saturday
                                [CENTER][B]RC-Warbirds Pte Ltd, Singapore[/B]
                                Hotline:[U]+65-93513471[/U]
                                Email: [EMAIL=Sales@RC-Warbirds.com]Sales@RC-Warbirds.com[/EMAIL]
                                Visit Us Today: [URL=http://www.rc-warbirds.com]http://www.rc-warbirds.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/RCWarbirds"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
                                [/center]

Comment

Working...
                                X