Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevator

Nice build Edmond,

I was reading through the T-45 thread on RCGroups. There were some report on the elevator group control slipping. Since yours will be a speed-ship undoubtedly, may want to check out some of the solutions used.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

I'm taking it slow on my T-45 Goshawk... but my the "other" hawk is ready for maiden...this Sat. This one is an OKmodel, so I shall not hijack the thread.

heh..heh..heh..

Cheer,
    Leon

Comment

Alot of T-45s and its variants..

speaks of it being a great bird in the air

More vids!!
      The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by f22 View Post
        hehehe...
        Are you an plastic moulder? Is that an injection moulding machine in the background?
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

2 Successful Maiden at PFW today!

I am going to post the maiden pictures first. There are still more photos from the build prior to maiden but found no time to post them as I was busy preparing the plane!

Maiden was quite cool. Bungee launch was good with a bit of left right correction till to the untrim ailerons. Plane flies very well, no tip stalling tendency at all. Speed was good, will find time to measure one day. Flew a 4 min plus flight and later charging put back only 1500 out of the 3000 6s.

Mr F22 also successfully maidened his Goshawk and his launch bungee was even nicer, true and straight.

Today was a real cool fun day, F22 and my face were filled with grins after the maiden and had even more fun in the evening with the PFW BBQ!

Landing

Time for stickers.
          Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

hmmm

hwah... very2 nice one bro. dont forget pilot too. vids will be nice too. hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
            sigpic

Comment

Pilot optional

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
              hwah... very2 nice one bro. dont forget pilot too. vids will be nice too. hehehe
              Pilot in plane is optional... Its a "Gos"-hawk afterall. heh..heh..

BTW, great to hear the maiden is a success!

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio View Post
                Pilot in plane is optional... Its a "Gos"-hawk afterall. heh..heh..

BTW, great to hear the maiden is a success!
                I am not putting any keke. Lest somebody claims another "powderful descriptive" pilot picture of my plane again but hey, there are 8 this time lol, all same scheme!
                Last edited by edmond22; 06-06-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Well done
                  [CENTER][B]RC-Warbirds Pte Ltd, Singapore[/B]
                  Hotline:[U]+65-93513471[/U]
                  Email: [EMAIL=Sales@RC-Warbirds.com]Sales@RC-Warbirds.com[/EMAIL]
                  Visit Us Today: [URL=http://www.rc-warbirds.com]http://www.rc-warbirds.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/RCWarbirds"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
                  [/center]

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Jack Ho "F22" 2nd flight video

Managed to film F22's T-45 in action today. Forgot about mine lol. Anyhow, here is a video of what 4s power is capable of.

Well Done Ho! You done your maiden and 2nd flight very well with perfect belly landing! This is T-45 is nothing for you.

His flight managed 152km/h, best I can measure with scope for one of the passes.

Comment

Nice the big challenge will be getting all planes on the same video at the same time
                        [CENTER][B]RC-Warbirds Pte Ltd, Singapore[/B]
                        Hotline:[U]+65-93513471[/U]
                        Email: [EMAIL=Sales@RC-Warbirds.com]Sales@RC-Warbirds.com[/EMAIL]
                        Visit Us Today: [URL=http://www.rc-warbirds.com]http://www.rc-warbirds.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/RCWarbirds"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
                        [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by RC-Warbirds View Post
                          Nice the big challenge will be getting all planes on the same video at the same time
                          That will be tough! Launching with only 1 bungee kekeke in a 4 min window for all to be in the same video will be tough and not to forget CHAOTIC lol.

Anyhow, I have some useful feedback for the other 6 T-45 owners and other builders who may be thinking of buying this model.

- Overall, the design and quality of the exterior is very nice. Scale features like wing fence, flaps, built in wells for retracts and scales lines in fuse are all very well thought out. In this version 2.1, I thought Sapac is really genuine in improving their products listening to feedbacks.

- Flies well, with recommended throws and CG, plane feels abit nose heavy but it tracks on rails with no tip stall tendency or bad behaviour. The only caution I can give is watch out for the landing. You can cut power early on and this plane will glide and glide and just glide with speed. Even when I cut the power a good distance away and come in shallow to bleed as much speed as I can, it still will land hotter than most other EDF I owned. I will play with the CG and throws a bit and report back on the results to see if that helps.

- Functional cooling intakes for electronics like BEC and ESC.

- Better paint job than HET kit for example. Crowd pleaser when flying. Even stickers are slotted accordingly for easy application.

- Manual, this is one of the best I have read. Very detailed (too many pages actually lol) and it even tells you what to expect when flying. The shallow fast glide landing is mentioned.

Dislikes:
                          - 1 obvious flaw that must be fixed is the Elevator control arm and elevator spar coupling. Although the instructions calls for a filed flatten area for the grub screw to sit on, the material of the spar is aluminium and it is too soft for threading the grub screw or for that matter hold it securely even on a flat spot. The only solution we had is to drill right through the spar rod and use a bolt to bolt through. This solution of course presents yet another problem whereby drilling such a hole is tough and this method weakens the spar to some extent. Sapac can use some improvement in that area for sure. For builders of this kit, you may want to pay attention to that area to save some trouble of opening up later to mod. I found out the hard way. Though it did not affect my flight, I hate to think of its consequences if it comes loose too much, my started to have some play/ slop.

- Crack between the fuse and intakes. This seems to inflict all the kits even before flying. Not a big deal, it is hidden and most will not notice it, I suggest CA around that area to make sure.

- Better fan installation method. 2 hardpoint for mounting with bolts/ blind nuts will make more sense than cable tie. The fan can stay rounder that way.

- Servos well mounting. This one IMHO could be improved to match HS 125 for example with hard mounting point in the wing than on cover plates.

Comment

Great thread on this model!

Will take note of this when I'm inspired to get one lol

Comment

thanks...

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                              Managed to film F22's T-45 in action today. Forgot about mine lol. Anyhow, here is a video of what 4s power is capable of.

Well Done Ho! You done your maiden and 2nd flight very well with perfect belly landing! This is T-45 is nothing for you.

His flight managed 152km/h, best I can measure with scope for one of the passes.

bro, thanks for the video, coming weekend will take yours....

Comment

6s Flight video

Ok, done the video for 6s power on 2w30. Enjoy

Surprisingly, it has done 202km/h max today, mostly about 190ish to 200.

Last edited by edmond22; 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X