Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really excited looking at how these thngs are done.But dun mind asking,what are the advantage of having these machines at home?I see that you can duplicate parts and customise certain designs,but doesnt that means you require to buy more raw materials and cutting tools which will just cost more than the actual product if you buy outside?Im sorry but hope someone can explain.

Comment

Hardware

Mike,
      Are you running March 2 on one of the Lathe/Mill you are selling?

Comment

Hi ofna, in most cases, it is better off buying hopup then to make your parts to be cost effective.

The advantage of having one of those machine at home allow one to modify / fabricate parts not available.

Take those mount I made as example, to request someone from industrial to make will cost me at least $50 a pc ...min 10 pcs. The usual remarks they gave is they can make much more for the same amount of time they spent to do my job

Usually if someone is not in the trade will find raw material and tooling expensive. Price aside, availability is also big headache usually no idea where to get

I know 1 LHS selling a metre of diameter 8mm aluminium 6061 grade @ $10

We get the same size & grade @ $10 for 16ft

Shim, yup, currently I am using mach 2 with the X1 machine. I will try get a pic tomorrow of my setup

Cheers

Mike

Comment

I assume you are in this industry then.You provide sales of this raw items then?

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
            The advantage of having one of those machine at home allow one to modify / fabricate parts not available

i used to modify my 1:1 cars when i was young (15 to 20 years ago)...to make them different, to make them my own.....then came COEs....stricter laws, wife, then kids etc etc so tossed that hobby and went on to a cheaper one....(think of it now..dunno if it is really cheaper or not )

so now for me...RC is my avenue where i can express my individuality, my creativity....

i am not a racer...will never be...(you shood see my driving skills )

so i like to think of myself as a non-professional fabricator as i enjoy building/fabbing more than actually bashing/running my RCs.

i used to buy a lot of hopups for my monster trucks to make them different.
            i know now that i was just fooling myself into thinking that my trucks were unique, coz i only ended up seeing the exact same hopup on the exact same monster truck done by someone else who also forked out good money to buy those hopups too...

to be different is the most impt thing to me. (honestly, dunno why though)..dun matter if it dun actually do what i want it to do...as long as its different....haha.

owning these machines gives me almost limitless possibilties where RC fabrication is concerned. i am my own limiting factor.

yes, initial startup costs will be on the high side but....the fact that i can make whatever i want..whenever i want makes it all worth while.

just my 2 cents worth.

"be different or die trying"

p/s now i intend to fabricate some light fixtures for my house!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA
            for sale

Comment

hi overtki..what type of machine you own?laser cutitng?

Comment

Originally posted by ofna
                I assume you are in this industry then.You provide sales of this raw items then?
                For round aluminium rod, you can get them from Teck Cheong just round the corner of rotor hobby. All alu rod they sold are in length of 16ft. You can get them to chop to smaller length.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ofna
                  hi overtki..what type of machine you own?laser cutitng?
                  whahahaha....the only laser i own is the one in my CD player! that one also spoil liao!!! WHAHAHAHA!!!

i have a 3 in 1....er...erm...ok...i HAD a 3 in 1.....sold it liao!!!!

shood be getting my "separates" soon.....prolly by next weekend!!!

btw mike is in the "childcare" industry
                  for sale

Comment

What can seperates do which the 3 in 1 cannot? Btw, the 3 in 1 just looks like the seperates merged together! Also, if the seperates are 1 in 1, shouldn't it be 2 in 1 for the 1.5k machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
                      What can seperates do which the 3 in 1 cannot? Btw, the 3 in 1 just looks like the seperates merged together! Also, if the seperates are 1 in 1, shouldn't it be 2 in 1 for the 1.5k machine?
                      hey yah hor...how come the 3 i 1 is called a 3 in 1?...and not 2 in 1???? haha..i'm sure there;s a logical explanation to it...i'll wait for mike to answer that one....HAHAHAHA.

basically, the 3 in 1 is prefered if there's a space constraint in your home workshop....

what i found while using the 3 in 1 is that your projects can only go so big as the travel of the bed (and since the lathe's chuck is in the way of your milling job, the bed travel it is further limited)....

so if you can afford the space for two machines...go ahead and get those instead......

anywez...these machines are known as mini mills and mini lathes, so to expect "industrial sized projects" to be done on these machines is just plain "wishful thinking" on our part.....haha...
                      for sale

Comment

if i ever got the 3 in 1 instead of the seperates it will be cuz is cheaper...

Comment

if i ever got the 3 in 1 instead of the seperates it will be cuz is cheaper...
                          yes, the 3 in 1 is indeed at a very good price....that was my 2nd reason for getting my 3 in 1...

first reason being space constraint....

oh and if i never said this before...i'll say it now....

when you buy one of mike's machines, you're buying yourself the "absolute best" aftersales service!
                          i never met a more hard working sales person in my life! no bull!!!!
                          for sale

Comment

Thks Overt, hmmmm why 3in1.....bcos it do Mill, Drill and Lathe

On serious note, I sold more 3in1 here then anywhere else. The reason is clearly the space issue. However, for those who hands on a 3in1 will ...they will themselve for not buying a separate in the first place.

Mike

Comment

So the Mill is 2 in 1? I thought it was cuz the 3 in 1 can mill, lathe and, mill and lathe.

Comment

So the Mill is 2 in 1? I thought it was cuz the 3 in 1 can mill, lathe and, mill and lathe.
                                hmmm. i gave it some thought and i figured that its 3 in 1 coz, you can mill, lathe and (if you dun make use of it) huge @$$ paperweight!!!
                                for sale

Comment

Working...
                                X