• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First project - Inline 4 Engine

Originally posted by HZM
    Wah piang.... chinese saying ..... NO HORSE RUN

Looking forward on yr first project

Mike
    Hi Mike, first we must thanks to you...Ah m and me r very happy with with both the lathe and mill machines ….ah m have already started his first project, although for first attempt we do not expect it will be a workable engine or even complete it, but from the first 2 items machine we are really impress what your machine can do…and it give lots of confident to carry on…below are some pics for share…..Cheers ….Ah goh <br> <br>
    Last edited by Ah goh; 09-06-2005, 12:42 AM.

few more.....Cheers... <br> <br>

Comment

Your pics really shock me They are really cool.

I really see the advantage of having the scale unit. From the look of part fabricated, there is no doubt on the dimension accuracy

Thanks for the confidence, great job there

Mike

Comment

super cool!!

now it really make me feel that my 3in1 is a toy liao

Comment

3 in 1 toy???? oso above 1.5k leh. Are the above CNC capable? i mean can you draw out a design in the computer then get the thing to do everything by itself? what are the smallest things u can do? i mean, can u make like, for example, a 1.5mm allen key?

Comment

Most machine is CNC capable, the biggest challange will be mounting the stepper motor. For the above, there are many example and success conversion to follow

Size of the parts is not limited by the machine U can make parts real small if you get the right tooling.

Check this pic

Mike <br> <br>

Comment

will the stepper motor be expensive? can i mount it on a 3 in 1 instead? (not that i have one) juz asking...(distant future plans!)

Comment

Mike,

is the above picture the X2 you showed in another thread? seems like the Z axis not converted to CNC. Like you said, because the Z axis can rotate so cannot convert. Is that right?

Comment

Hi cnc guys, thanks for all the kind words.. will keep update the progress if you guys r interested...below few more pics .....Cheers <br> <br>

Comment

hi, was that CNC done(computer aided) or manually move the piece of metal? if manual, how do u make sure the measurements are so accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
                      hi, was that CNC done(computer aided) or manually move the piece of metal? if manual, how do u make sure the measurements are so accurate?

Hi Artyspec, the parts was machine manually with help of the DRO...no single marking or line required on the work piece, just get a reference point on work piece and reset all DRO to zero ..after that all feeding are base on the DRO with a accuracy of +/-0.02mm ...Cheers.... <br> <br>

Comment

Very nice work!
                        Where you get the plans from?

Comment

abang Goh,

interesting fixture u got there.
                          but may i ask,what is it actually for?

enjoy.
                          Sondol first talk later!

Comment

cool, does that device of urs come with the machine or wassit seperate?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by jaZallo
                              abang Goh,

interesting fixture u got there.
                              but may i ask,what is it actually for?

enjoy.

Hi abang jaZallo, my brother is tried to machine a 4 cylinders 4 stroke single overhead cam rc engine. Is purely for fun only…no guarantee can complete…still long way to go la

Comment

Working...
                              X