Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIC microcontroller

hi
    anyone try to write C/C++ source code and upload to PIC microcontroller to control self bulit robots?

Eh... I use assembly language leh... Gotta convert to .hex before burning into e chip.. No to control robots thou.. Just to control some automation in cars..
    Fixed-Wing
    GWS Zero
    Fliton Extra 260
    Hacker SuperZoom 4D
    Thunder Tiger Velocity
    Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
    Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
    Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
    RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
    RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
    Thunder Tiger Mini-T
    Esky HBK2
    Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
    JR-9XPS

Comment

Originally posted by greenhorn
      hi
      anyone try to write C/C++ source code and upload to PIC microcontroller to control self built robots?
      what kind if robot are you planning to build?

do you have any past experiences with MCUs? IMO scratch building is not easy for beginners. Its not impossible but it takes much longer to learn because there are more things to learn before you know how to program MCUs.

there are lots of information available on the web, just Google them. there are many hobbyists out there who home-built robots and control them using PICs.

this is an interesting thread, keep it going

Comment

I had to write codes in C++ for a micro processor PIC16F87x for one of my NUS EE modules last semester.

Using the PIC compiler from HITECH.

But to program a robot, nope never tried

Comment

Yes, 7+ years ago, using C/C+ compiler and assembly. At that time there isn't a pic that can control servo directly so I use another servo controller chip to control servo and my pic connect to the servo controller via serial connection.

This thread reminds me of my days in University.

Mav

Comment

im a greenhorn ...ya...im totally new.i did search the forums fr the states,indeed..lots of things to pick up.harder than a heli. is there any group who write source code in c n load into PIC to control servo?i jz wan to learn from experienced hobbyist as it really hard to jz read fr the net n figure it out alone...worse things is i jz pick up C again

Comment

i suggest you start by learning how to program and upload into the PIC itself. Fromthere, you need to have a control board to operate the I/O of the PIC. Next, you should try to make use of some functions such as the internal timer of the PIC and play around with some LEDs first.

Just this first step is not going to be easy, and it is going to keep you pretty busy just trying it

Comment

ya..tt's wat im intend to do..i need to familarise with the fuction of PIC C compilers, wish more pple will join me .but i still need to know the basic C language 1st

Comment

C & Asm (x86) is my forte.. but ive no experience in PIC programming
                  Heli:
                  . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                  . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                  . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                  . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                  . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                  . Ok Model Medallion
                  . E*Star Storch
                  . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                  . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                  . Canon 7D & 500D
                  . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                  . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                  . Canon 85mm f1.8
                  . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

u can write in C n load into pic to control servos and other stuffss

any1 wish to tag along with me to buy the following microcontroller ?i need kakis as being alone is tougher to learn

Dive into the digital world as we explore the latest apps, services, and gadgets that shape our lives. From in-depth tech reviews to uncovering the best digital tools.

BOT40-II Controller

Comment

wat programming software you plan on using? Microchip (the ppl that make pic) provide a free software C compiler call MPLAB C18. But it only support most of the newer chips.

As far as I remember the BOT40-II Controller come with PIC16F877 which is not support by MPLAB C18.

Comment

i think boost c compiler since it is foc

Comment

iMicro robotic controller is PIC based

Hi, you may want to take a look at PIC based iMicro robotic controller with many features and examples. The url is http://www.inovamicro.com

Comment

finally see some1 reply to this thread

Comment

that is way to expensive bro

Comment

Working...
                              X