Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed on MultiWii PRO FC w/MTK GPS Module

Hi anybody can help me?

I have follow rcgroup thread and youtube for the setting up this board.

after upload Arduino (multiwiidev with nmea ) and Multiwii Gui and USB done.

the Flight controller LED keep flashing and the motor are not able to enguage (start up - idel up, control stick Pdf enable startup instruction Mode 1 have follow)

Anyone have the same problems?

LED on boards - flashing , and non flashing and lights up configuration any links?

Anyone uses mega pirates software (loading in ardunio have error in compile error and cant upload)

A million thanks.....

Did you arm your motors?

Left Stick to bottom right corner.

To Disarm, Left stick to bottom left corner. (Do this before going to remove battery!)

Edit: oh wait sorry... thats for mode 2 radios... if u are mode 1... then its right stick throttle.. just flip it

Comment

hi Kean
      First I like to thank You for the responding help.

I have follow your instruction but the motor "FAIL to start up".
      I have center (red led flashing) and the 3 color leds (green flashing) , all the rest are still lighted up when the FC board power up.

Anyone have this FC problem?

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
        hi Kean
        First I like to thank You for the responding help.

I have follow your instruction but the motor "FAIL to start up".
        I have center (red led flashing) and the 3 color leds (green flashing) , all the rest are still lighted up when the FC board power up.

Anyone have this FC problem?
        I think you have trouble arming the Motors.
        Once armed, multiwii should permanently switch ON the status LED, flashing means.. NOT armed.

When you power up the quad. make sure you place it on a FLAT/level surface. do not touch it while it calibrates the ESCs.
        You should hear the ESCs doing the 3 beep sequence (or 4 beep if u use simonk).
        If this is NOT happening... check your solder joints and connections.

Comment

If the LED is permanently blinking it indicates a wrong connection between I2C devices and the Arduino (maybe a switch between SCA and SCL lines)

After trying to arm and the LED stays off: check your RX connection and set correctly the radio end point to match the range 1000-2000 in the GUI

Comment

Kaen
            I spend another 4hr again...
            Now , I went into ardunio 1.0.3
            I use multiwii_2_1_mega1_0
            load "configh $" and "Multiwii_2_mega1__0" (in tabs-ardunio 1.0.3)

All Leds went light steady...
            load "output" (in tabs-ardunio 1.0.3)

plug out USB then power on the quad , motor still not able to startup (all stick , rev, all direction moved have done)

plug in GUI to check (TX stick movement correct and move correctly rx receive signal)
            all sensor are dead, mag dead, acc dead, roll pitch yaw everything is dead...

I also half dead

Comment

You didn't answer my qns on whether your ESCs are booting up properly.

Also.. please download this.

Get wingui 2.1

Now you are telling me ALL your sensors are dead in wingui 2.1?

Comment

Kean
                Cfm All esc have boot up properly all this while. Have check ESC + motor with a servo tester all 4 function well (isolate from FC) and signal wire connected inorder (+-signal )

Yes all sensor dead in GUI 2.1 ( yes running on multiwiiGUI 2.1 )

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                  Kean
                  Cfm All esc have boot up properly all this while. Have check ESC + motor with a servo tester all 4 function well (isolate from FC) and signal wire connected inorder (+-signal )

Yes all sensor dead in GUI 2.1 ( yes running on multiwiiGUI 2.1 )
                  Can you upload a picture of your HK MWC?
                  You could have gotten one from the large faulty batch from hobbyking.

It was manufactured and shipped out with a missing GND connection, and they continued to sell it even when they found out about the problem. They even offered a $5 discount on the faulty product after they discovered the problem...

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-TZzhCG2-X3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	593.8 KB
ID:	974098

If it's not the faulty one listed above...
                  Then I suggest you disconnect your FC... Just naked FC board and connect to your PC wingui to see if any of the sensor readings work. If it still doesnt work... one possible problem could be that you messed up your config.h file when you uploaded your firmware to the FC board.

Comment

Thanks Kaen

I manage to get the motor started up, by following this youtube link
                    (benefit of those that wanted the firmware are in wite's website)

I had to re-install MultiWii 2.1 onto my MWC Mega Pro flight controller. I thought this video would help some people.

After loading the firmware, upload and multiwiiGUI , all start to alive with full function.

lastly I adjust the source code in "configh $" and is responded to value setting.

Next is to "Test" fly, and fixed the GPS.

Comment

I don't know why your HK board will work with WiteSpy's configured board.
                      Witespy's board is a clone of the HK board with the exception of 2 upgraded sensors that should not be compatible on the same settings...

what you were missing was probably the config.h file... which is preconfigured by default in witespy's default firmware.

You better be really careful with this... it might not work properly.
                      (IE. sensors might go crazy.. dont fly near people)

Comment

Go make your own config.h

Comment

Hi Kaen, how's your Witespy board coming along? Setups/tuning done? Can't wait to see it in action, am really interested in this board.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
                            Hi Kaen, how's your Witespy board coming along? Setups/tuning done? Can't wait to see it in action, am really interested in this board.
                            Frame not here yet... so nothing to mount.... :p

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                              Frame not here yet... so nothing to mount.... :p
                              Getting your frame from HK? F450? Am waiting for my "ang pau" from HK too

Comment

Working...
                              X