Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah.. mini titan is overkill for my skill.. and spending a lot of money for it.. in fact.. i have a mini titan and a trex 450 SE.. but sad to say.. cant fly at all (as in my skill)..

well.. i really think i have to start with a smaller heli but the sight of the mini titan and trex (maybe also beam) makes me want to buy them.. too bad.. spend alot of money in the result..

but then again i don't know how to fly but i never regretted jump starting.. haha

Comment

I see...I guess Mini-Titan will be a good beginner heli in a sense that u can afford it and that when u develop your skill further, e.g. 3D flying, u don't need to upgrade to another heli liao...

I get it!

Thanks.

I'll just stick with my HB FP since it's more economical to .... CRASH!!
      "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

actually , once properly setup, i find mini titan very easy to hover, i only hover gws dragonfly and some unstable left right flying on walkera 5g6 prior to this. i kinda feel its even easier to hover than 5g6...
        http://www.rcpics.net/member/Rca

Comment

yes, mini t also does good hard 3d when setup correctly...
          Current Blink²:
          Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
          Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
          Belt-CP
          Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
          Nate Waddoups

Comment

Learning with a MiniT is possible but you need more discipline to keep it low and level (to avoid damaging it). Most of the flyers like me who started the hobby in 2005, learn with a fixed pitch heli like the honeybee EK1-E004. The good thing is that you can push yourself a bit more because these fixed pitch helicopters will usually get back into the air after a mild crash or a tip-over. CCPM helicopters are VERY MUCH less forgiving.

The good news is that the MiniT is less susceptible to wind and it is more stable because you can dial in a consistent high headspeed on your radio and rely only on the changing pitch (the cutting-angle) of the main blades for altitude control.

A fixed pitch heli on the other hand, depends on the changing headspeed to descend or to climb, so it is very unstable during descend since its headspeed is being reduced to 1/4 stick to make it come down.

Therefore, the biggest problem with fixed pitch helicopter is WIND and one really gotta find a windless environment to train with it. Other than that, it is absolutely perfect for newbie to 'crash' with it until they completely master hovering all four orientations.

Comment

hi all brothers.... thanks.

well, thanks to all that care. well just manage to reply to all of u. hope that i wont miss out anyone.

ok , currently i am playing with my douphin but have convert it to Lama 4 body, reason find douphin very unstable, when change to lama 4 very stable and fun. but crash million times hahahaha.

that where i decide to upgrade to mini titan. but buy liao dont know what to do, when to rotor, the uncle tell me buy this and that, but serious i dont even know buy for what hahaaaaaa, all i know i need a receiver and lipo.

i now own a 2nd hand FUTABA T6exhp , mode 1 and 72.870 frequency.....

and a 3th hand mini titan everything except lipo and charger and receiver...

could someone tell me, should i just go and pay rotor $40 to do the set up, or just buy the necessary equipment and get you all bro to teach me, where i thk is more useful, coz i am very hand on, will like to learn.

please advise me.

thanks, if can oso sms me 9854 8222. jk

Comment

smsed you and nice talking to you let me know if somebody is helping u too.. i will like to see other ppl flying, tuning and setting up other mini titans so that I can learn..

just let me know if u are doing it and wants some company.. i may not be much help but just want to look see look see..

Comment

maybe both of u can try to join some funfly nearer to your area.

Comment

yeah joining the yishun one on wed.. i dun wan to go there dunno anybody.. hehe

Comment

JK8222: save the 40 bucks for the stuff u nd instead. do join any fun fly u can attend, i'm sure many can give u some idea on how to set, can be frustrating at first but after u get it right, its very satisfying.
                      http://www.rcpics.net/member/Rca

Comment

Originally posted by sibehsong View Post
                        yeah joining the yishun one on wed.. i dun wan to go there dunno anybody.. hehe
                        dun worry, the guys there r friendly enough for u to approach!

Comment

thanks
                          confirm will be goin..

Comment

thanks bro BEN

thanks man, nice chatting wif u, will listen to yr advise too, will go and get what i need and stand by to meet u, when u r free Captain.......

have chio SIBEHSONG to cm alone if he wan to learn oso...

thanks jk

Comment

To those who fly Mini Titan.
                              MockingBird RC Models is selling 3rd party main shaft (2) around $12, Feather shaft (2) around $2.80 and flybar rod (2) around $3 (ACTUALLY AFTER CRASH, YOU CAN BEND IT BACK AND USE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN).

Modify your Mini-Titan
                              1)Fixed a Trex 500 landing skid on this heli instead of using the stock one which is very fragile. And the heli will be very very stable and easy to land.

2)Use Trex 450 flybar paddles with 2 paddle weight on each side of the paddle = Fast responsive and stable.

If you use the stock paddle with 2 paddle Weight on each side of the paddle = Slow responsive and stable.

If you use the stock white paddle only, responsive and less stable.

If you use the Trex 450 paddle only, fast responsive and unstable.

If you use the stock green paddle, very fast responsive and unstable.
                              今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                              不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                              长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                              Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                              If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                              Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                              Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                              Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                              Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                              Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                              Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                              Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Originally posted by Radio man View Post
                                To those who fly Mini Titan.
                                MockingBird RC Models is selling 3rd party main shaft (2) around $12, Feather shaft (2) around $2.80 and flybar rod (2) around $3 (ACTUALLY AFTER CRASH, YOU CAN BEND IT BACK AND USE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN).

Modify your Mini-Titan
                                1)Fixed a Trex 500 landing skid on this heli instead of using the stock one which is very fragile. And the heli will be very very stable and easy to land.

2)Use Trex 450 flybar paddles with 2 paddle weight on each side of the paddle = Fast responsive and stable.

If you use the stock paddle with 2 paddle Weight on each side of the paddle = Slow responsive and stable.

If you use the stock white paddle only, responsive and less stable.

If you use the Trex 450 paddle only, fast responsive and unstable.

If you use the stock green paddle, very fast responsive and unstable.
                                Wow! Sound like very good advice. Thanks for sharing. How much will this "upgrades" cost?
                                Unfortunately, I don't have a Mini-Titan. But I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

THANKS!
                                "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X