Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone asked about the decals but I deleted your PM by mistake so I am placing my reply on the forum instead. All the decals you see on my planes are homemade using decal paper from Bell's Decals. These are known as waterslide decals. It is the same as those given in Airfix/Tamiya scale kits. You dip them in water and they will slide right off and onto the target space. You print the decals using either laser or inkjet printers.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

RASCAL SOLD!

The Rascal (complete with servos) has found a new home. Thanks Mave. I knew that you would not be able to resist once you had it in your hands to hold. I trust that you will enjoy flying it.

LELONG! LELONG! LELONG!

RV-4, HydeAway and Spacewalker (real cheap) still up for grabs.

1 x Berg Rx (72 mhz), 3 x Hitec HS55, 1 x Jeti Advance 18 ESC, 1 x CC 25 ESC still available for sale.

Regards.

Tony

Confucius

Comment

How to resist lah? Luckily we do not have a site-show-round on your hangar, if not I will have to bring a cheque book with me.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
          How to resist lah? Luckily we do not have a site-show-round on your hangar, if not I will have to bring a cheque book with me.
          That is a good idea. Maybe I should have a car boot sales. Hmmmm ......should be a good way to clear up desparately needed hangar space.

Tony

Confucius

Comment

I will go dig through my plans collection to find the plans for the Rascal and the Tigermoth. You will need to know where the CG is. As you will be using different cells than I used and or various other components (ESC, motor etc), their positioning is unlikely to be the same as the current locations of the velcro pads would suggest. You will have to make some fine adjustments to suit your own equipment. Give me a couple of days to dig through my plans collection.

The Rascal flies with lots of power to spare on an Axi 22/12/26, 3S Lipo and an 8x6 APC prop. Combi draws about 12 amps tops and you'll be flying at 50% throttle 95% of the time.

The Tigermoth uses a similar combination. Cruises at 40% throttle. You will need to use coordinated rudder and ailerons to achieve smooth turns (very scale like). These all balsa planes are very light as I am sure you discovered when you first held it up. They therefore don't need much power to fly so go easy with the throttle stick if you are using Lipos and brushless motor.

Have fun.

Tony

Confucius

Comment

Don't worry, take your time with the plans.
              Oh, so the motor in the tiger moth can be used on the rascal too? cool!

ya, the weight of both of them combine is lighter than one of my ARF balsa wood trainer.

Originally posted by Tony
              I will go dig through my plans collection to find the plans for the Rascal and the Tigermoth. You will need to know where the CG is. As you will be using different cells than I used and or various other components (ESC, motor etc), their positioning is unlikely to be the same as the current locations of the velcro pads would suggest. You will have to make some fine adjustments to suit your own equipment. Give me a couple of days to dig through my plans collection.

The Rascal flies with lots of power to spare on an Axi 22/12/26, 3S Lipo and an 8x6 APC prop. Combi draws about 12 amps tops and you'll be flying at 50% throttle 95% of the time.

The Tigermoth uses a similar combination. Cruises at 40% throttle. You will need to use coordinated rudder and ailerons to achieve smooth turns (very scale like). These all balsa planes are very light as I am sure you discovered when you first held it up. They therefore don't need much power to fly so go easy with the throttle stick if you are using Lipos and brushless motor.

Have fun.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                Don't worry, take your time with the plans.
                Oh, so the motor in the tiger moth can be used on the rascal too? cool!

ya, the weight of both of them combine is lighter than one of my ARF balsa wood trainer.
                Yes, both planes use the same motor. The mounting holes on the Rascal is for the same motor as is now in the Tigermoth. If you want to start with the Rascal first, just unscrew the Axi out and mount in the Rascal. Remember to take note of the number of washers presently on the Rascal for the down and side thrust so you won't have to retrim the Tiggie when you remount the motor back.

Bring the motor and the Rascal to my flying site if you are free on a weekend and I will help to trim it for you. As I recall, it does require quite a bit of down thrust but not much side thrust as the Axi is turning a smaller prop (8x6) than would be the case of the standard setup which uses a geared brushed motor to turn a 10x5 in prop. But because the Axi is much more powerful and because its a flat bottomed wing, you need the down thrust to contain the climb rate when the throttle is opened fully.

Bring lots of washers. I think it needs 4 washer on each of the upper motor mount screws to get the downthrust it needs with the Axi motor.

Please note that I can help to trim but cannot fly it using your (mode 1) transmitter as I a mode 2 flyer (throttle and rudder on left stick).

Tony

Confucius

Comment

Big Panic Stations. My Four Star 120 is being completed soon and that monster is going to need two racks to be freed up on my hangar.

Further price reduction. 3 FOR THE PRICE OF 2!!!!!! Buy the HydeAway and RV-4 and I will throw in the Spacewalker for FREE!!!!!! You can't get a better deal than this.

Tony

PRICE REDUCED. DON'T MISS THE GREAT SINAPORE SALE

a. Pilot HydeAway 15

Was asking $230, now reduced to S$150. Electronics (ESC, HS55 servos, Berg 5 ch FM 72 mhz receiver and ESC) available as package or separately. Pristine condition.

b. Stevens Aeromodels RV-4

Asking $120 only. Good flying condition. Some hangar rash. My best flying electric plane to date. As above, I can sell the electronics as a package or separately.

Rudder and elevator servos at rear with short and direct link for slop free control surfaces.

Velcro holds down big bubble canopy for easy cell changing/charging.

c. House of Balsa Spacewalker.

This one has suffered wear and tear so price for plane is only $60. Some repair to covering needed still.

[/QUOTE]

Confucius

Comment

spacewalker

PM send.

Jonathan

Comment

Scratch the HOB Spacewalker from the list - its sold! The HydeAway and RV-4 are still available but going out soon. So, Hurry!, hurry!, hurry! Get them before their gone too.

Confucius

Comment

Now that the Spacewalker is sold - only 2 models left.

OK, I will lagi potong the price! Get both (HydeAway 15 plus RV-4) for only $240!!!! This is just $30 more than what I was asking for the HydeAway alone. If you don't need two planes, group together with a friend - take one each!!!

Shows how desperate I am to clear hangar space for my new models being built. Four Star 120 should be ready for the flight line in 2 weeks. Up next will be Top Flight AT-6.

a. Pilot HydeAway 15

b. Stevens Aeromodels RV-4

Confucius

Comment

JYHELI,

Glad to meet you and thanks for coming down to pick up the Spacewalker. I will go look up the plans for the CG and the deflection settings which you will need to program into you TX. Let me know if you have any issues with the servos or ESC. They were just testED last night and should be in 100% working order. If you would like, I can help you to trim it for your Tx. Unfortunately, I cannot fly it with your Tx unless you are a mode 2 flyer as well.

LELONG LELONG LELONG!

Only 2 planes left on the sellers block - the HydeAway15 (electrified) and SA RV-4. Price cut to the bone already. Cannot cut some more or will cause major haemorrage . Buy both for S$240! Only S$ 240 for two. CHEAP CHEAP!!! CHEAP!!! (the sounds S,poreans make when in JB ha ha )

The HydeAway15 is an electrified plane originally meant for a 15 with tuned pipe. A minature of Chip Hyde's F3A championship aerobat. Now with Mega 16/22/?? (cannot remember last two digits). Flies like a bat out of hell with 9.5x5 and 3S1P 2100 Thunderpower Lipos. Almost unlimited verticals and flies like on rails.

The Stevens Aeromodels RV-4 will outfly any ARF currently available. Simply because its 100% balsa instead of cheap but heavy lite ply used in ARFs. Pick it up and you cannot imagine how light it can be. Highly aerobatic but relatively docile when on low rates.

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!!! (there goes that national bird of S,pore again ) CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP!

Confucius

Comment

Some videos of the maiden flights of the HydeAway and the RV-4.

HydeAway Video

Stevens Aeromodels RV-4 Video

The planes are priced to sell to clear up hangar space for new models being built. Just S$240 for two planes.

Regards.

Tony

Confucius

Comment

Some videos of the maiden flights of the HydeAway and the RV-4.

HydeAway Video

Stevens Aeromodels RV-4 Video

The planes are priced to sell to clear up hangar space for new models being built. Just S$240 for two planes.

Regards.

Tony
                              I remember these 2 videos
                              If only I have space in my hanger

Comment

Originally posted by Frank
                                I remember these 2 videos
                                If only I have space in my hanger

Hi Frank,

Long time since we last met. Seems we all have the same problem with hangar space. Wish we had huge garages like they do in Australia and US to store our lovelies.

Tony

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X