Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Singapore Sale

The MOHA (Mistress of Home Affairs) has been on my back about clearing up my hobby room. Seeing the huge wing for the Sig Four Star 120 was the last straw. So, I have no choice but to clear up my hangar space to make way for the new crop of greasers I've built and the monster that is on the way towards being completed.

The following are looking for new homes. All of these planes are have build threads either on this forum or the now closed electric flying in Singapore forum (not sure if its still working), so you can see how the planes were built:

a. Sig Rascal

Built from the Sig Kit. Axi 2212/26 for power is radially mounted. Asking price = S$200. This just covers cost of kit plus cost of materials to complete the kit ie no charge for workmanship. The ARF version sold by Towers Hobbies is priced at US$ 176 (S$ 281!!!). So you are getting an excellent buy. Excellent condition and is blemish free. Will fly hands free on calm days. If you want the kit complete with motor, ESC and servos, I will be prepared to work out a reasonable price for the electronics as I don't have much use for them now. Excellent plane for beginners and those just learning to fly.

b. Pilot HydeAway 15

This plane is converted from the 0.15 ci kit to take a Mega 16/22/6 and a Lipo pack capable of delivering 18 amps. Asking price $230 to cover cost of kit plus materials to complete the kit. No charge for workmanship. The plane flies like its on rails with an Aeronaut 9.5 x 6 carbon prop. Set up as above, the plane is highly aerobatic. Servos for elevator and ailerons are mounted at the tail with direct linkages for slop free control. In excellent condition and is blemish free. The electonics may be sold with the plane if you prefer it. Will discuss reasonable price for the servos, ESC etc. The motor is not for sale as it started to develop some problems on the last flight and I have not yet investigated the cause. As this plane is highly aerobatic, it is not suitable for rank beginners.

c. Pilot Seduction 25

Converted from the Pilot kit meant for a 25 ci engine. The plane is powered by an Axi 282010 on 3S Lipos capable of 40 amps delivery or 10 cell 3300 Nimh. Frisky on 11x7 (30 amps) and highly aerobatic on 12x6 (40 amps). Incredibly light airframe for its size. Asking price $320. The plane is totally blemish free. The motor mount for the Axi is custom made out of birch ply. You may want the motor and servos to be included, which will save you a lot of time having to mount and trim the plane all over again. Although relatively easy to fly, you do need to have low wing flying experience to fly this one as it is very aerobatic.

I have a Peter Rake Tigermoth and Stevens Aeromodels RV-4 but its too late for me tonight to put in the details. I shall add it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Tony; 15-05-2006, 09:14 AM.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

d. Peter Rake Tigermoth

Peter Rake Tigermoth. Powered by Axi 22/12/26 and is a floater with all that wing area. The Axi can be replaced by a suitable S400 as the Axi is really overpowering it. Ever seen a Tigermoth with unlimited up? Unfortunately, it got damaged when it was blown off its perch on my window grill by a freak gust of wind when I left the window open to air the hobby room (epoxy fumes). Damage is to the leading edge of the bottom left wing (see below). Easily repairable. The very lightweight cowl also got bashed. A replacement can easily be made out of balsa. The original design had a balsa wood cowl. This kit was made by a Canadian licensee (who has since stopped kitting these planes) who made the cowl out of a very thin plastic. For this reason, price is knocked down to $60.

Wild Bill looking very forlorn now that he knows he is being sold (with the plane). Serves him right for sleeping on the job and not gliding the plane to a safe landing when it got blown off its perch.

e. Stevens Aeromodels RV-4

My all time favourite. Ultra light and with the Feigao on a D-box up front - way way overpowered. Will outfly any ARF or foamie without even breaking into a sweat. The kit employs very accurate laser cutting (typical of Stevens Aeromodels kits) so much so, it can be almost fully built without using any glue - just from fitting the parts together by friction. Its not damaged but has a little hangar rash from being the most flown plane in my inventory. Price discounted because of hangar rash at $ 120. Motor and electronics can be included for a bit more if you want it complete.

Rudder and elevator servos at rear with short and direct link for slop free control surfaces.

Velcro holds down big bubble canopy for easy cell changing/charging.

f. House of Balsa Spacewalker.

Converted from nitro kit. Flies with authority on Axi 280824 and 3S lipos capable of delivering 18 amps. Has very strong balsa and ply structure and can take knocks easily. A very stable flyer. This one has suffered wear and tear so price for plane is $60. Some repair to covering needed.

Confucius

Comment

The Pilot Seduction 25 is no longer available for sale.

Confucius

Comment

Bro.....YGM
        f

Comment

What does YGM mean?

Confucius

Comment

YGM, i guess is You got message.

Comment

Ah so des neh!

Confucius

Comment

The Tigermoth, motor and electronics are no longer available ie. it been sold. Also the remaining Axi 2212/26 on the Sig Rascal is sold unless the person still considering the purchase of the Rascal wants to take it complete with the motor. I'm lazy, I don't like to spend time taking apart things I have already spent a lot of time to put together

Confucius

Comment

man... im late for the tigermoth sigh...

For building is 1/2 the fun of this hobby

Comment

Sorry guys. My mistake. The motor in the Stevens Aeromodels RV-4 is not a Feigao but is a Himax mounted on a GWS D-Box.

Confucius

Comment

Hi Tony,
                      Newbie here...
                      I am looking at buying a motor and ESC for my intermediate foam plane. (see attachment).

Is the motor and ESC that you are offering able to power this? Does it come with the necessary mounting? What battery (2S or 3S) and props do I need to run this?

Thanks.

MS

Comment

I cannot tell from just the photograph, the size of the plane in terms of wing area and weight. I have two brand new Axi 2212/34 (new in box) which are meant for small Speed 400 sized 3D planes and can turn huge 12x6 electric props with authority. I would be willing to part with them for say $120 each.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Demented
                          man... im late for the tigermoth sigh...
                          Somewhere in my kit mountain, I have a brand new unbuilt Peter Rake Tigermoth Kit. I got two of them at the same time. The kits were made under licence by a company in Canada who has since stopped making them. Peter Rake sold the same kits out for the UK but the shipping cost was higher from the UK than for Canada, so I ordered the stuff from Canada.

Cost of kit to me was US$70 plus US$20 for air postage. Thats US$90 x 1.6 = S$145. There is someone else interested in the kit as well so the first to confirm gets it.

Confucius

Comment

PMed you for the Tigermoth Kit.

Comment

Looks like there is some interest in kits.

I've got the following electric kits:

a. Stevens Aeromodels S300 Cap 232. For details look up http://www.stevensaero.com/shop/home.php?cat=248

b. Ryan Aircraft Hellcat, Thunderbolt, and Corsair. For details look up http://home.fuse.net/ryan/

c. RBC kits Spitfire

d. Great Planes Ryan STA EP

All are new in box and in mint condition. If anyone is interested, I could be enticed to reduce my kit mountain by a few kits.

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X