Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueangel
    I wish to warn members about a guy who had purchased items from me on 2 separate occasion !

Since i am still WAITING for his money for the purchase of my second item, I shall not disclose his identity here, for the benefit of doubt that he PROMISED me today he WILL transfer me the money tomorrow latest. So if I don't get the money tomorrow, I will not pursue the matter but instead put down his NAME and MOBILEPHONE NUMBER here for all members to view. I hope his friends and RC kaki will take notice of this guy.

About 1 or 2 week before CNY, he SMS me and wanted to buy my Team Magic Hippo Starter. For $50. He SMS me seemingly urgent that he wanted to get it but could not meet up sooner. I see him as a honest man and gave him my promise that I could reserve the item for him unconditionally.

23rd Jan 2008,he said he would meet me at Great World City. I reached on time and waited for at least 5 minutes and getting frustrated and worried I would invite traffic police attention as i was parked at the road side, I called him up to check. He said he is on the way ! I waited for a couple of minutes and then he came and collected it. He paid on the spot.

Fine, then not long after,he SMS me again and said he wanted to get the battery and charger for the starter box. He bargain with me and asked me if I can give discount. I put up my price $50 for both charger and battery. He wanted to negotiate to $30. Fine ! I reserve for him since I had a good encounter with him previously with the Hippo starter.

But on more than a few occasion, he said he couldn't make it. So he asked his colleague ( his company's delivery man ) to collect from me at my place. I pass both item to his colleague. But I did not receive my $30 as he promise to transfer me the money later.

I SMS him my POSB account number. He received and replied that he will ask his wife to transfer me the money from her wife's account.

1 WEEK LATER ! I check my online account but did not see a credit of $30. I SMS him to check. He said his wife key in my account number wrongly... My account is 134-xxxxx-x and he told me his wife transfer it to 144-xxxxx-x ! Come on ! 134 and 144 button is too far away to make a mistake. But it is OK since I gave him the benefit of doubt again and asked him to revert.

He said POSB could revert the wrong account within 48 hours of transaction. I waited for 48 hours.. thats 2 days. !

Still no money. I SMS him again.

He said he was going Malaysia. Will be back to transfer me the money next week.

I waited.

about 1 week thereafter, I SMS him again.

He said he was in Desaru. Will be back next day to transfer me the money. I was pissed a little... but $30... I decided not to pursue.

Last friday, I SMS him again. He said he oversea and promise to transfer me the money on Tuesday.

Today I SMS him.. "TUESDAY ALREADY".. he replied that tomorrow.

So gentlemen.... It is not right to post such things about someone... but with this piss-off person, do you think I was a saint already ?

I regret to had ever sold him the $30 battery and charger because I could had sell them at $50 to someone else and don't have to spend all this problem I received !

Tomorrow I will decide to call this topic off or bring up the name and mobilephone number of this person.

As on today, I and my wife are the only 2 person who know this incident... tomorrow.. maybe not .. ..

My sales items is here
    http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28393

Just take note for all your future sales:

Caveat venditor

Comment

Originally posted by DL8698
      Thanks. Read both links and understand now.

There had been some opinions on 'bad sellers', low-ballers, etc....I had resisted the urge to present my view on this, but I wish to give my 2 cents worth here.

People should always be aware that there are bad sheeps out there in the real world, let alone the small RC community here. The market place is an avenue for buyers and sellers whom mutually want to trade.
      Like in any other transactions in the real world, buyers would naturally want to sell high, some even take advantage and sell higher than what they had got it for originally, or above 'market' rate.
      On the other hand, all buyers would want to sniff out bargains and take advantage of sellers would are really in need of cash or any other predicament that lead them to sell their stuffs.

As in Economics, the market is always efficient. i.e. prices will always adjust themselves. However, in the real world, there are always this thing call information-lag. Sellers will not be able to know immediately the actual 'market' rate, and Buyers will not always get stuffs at the price that they desire.

In terms of our small RC community, my 2 cents would be to let the market flow and it will adjust by itself. This simply means: Willing seller, Willing Buyer.

If the seller thinks that his procession is of great value, put a price to it. And if the buyer is only willing to part $x for the part....then, keep looking.
      Before too long, when there are no response from buyers, the seller will self-adjust, if his intention is to SELL.
      If the seller wish to continue to remain fixed, then along may come a buyer who really wants the part and BUY it at the sellers' selling price. This is also market forces adjusting itself.
      The variable factor here is time, how long will both seller and buyer wait? This can only be answered by the parties themselves.

About the bad sheeps, I do not think low-ballers are all bad. They may not have market information. Also, there are nobody pointing a gun at the seller to must-sell, he may choose not to reply and ignore this buyer.
      This would be a signal to the 'low-baller' that his offer is not considered.

As for sellers, depending on his propensity to sell, he may adjust his price, as he receive more offers and other market information about his parts.

There are always willing seller and willing buyer.

Welcome to the world of trading!

We should stick this thread to unscrupulous and dishonest people in their dealings. People who are selling at high prices, or buying offers of very low prices may not fall into this category.

My 2 cents!

MS

Comment

Couldn't agree more!!!

Originally posted by msc
        There had been some opinions on 'bad sellers', low-ballers, etc....I had resisted the urge to present my view on this, but I wish to give my 2 cents worth here.

People should always be aware that there are bad sheeps out there in the real world, let alone the small RC community here. The market place is an avenue for buyers and sellers whom mutually want to trade.
        Like in any other transactions in the real world, buyers would naturally want to sell high, some even take advantage and sell higher than what they had got it for originally, or above 'market' rate.
        On the other hand, all buyers would want to sniff out bargains and take advantage of sellers would are really in need of cash or any other predicament that lead them to sell their stuffs.

As in Economics, the market is always efficient. i.e. prices will always adjust themselves. However, in the real world, there are always this thing call information-lag. Sellers will not be able to know immediately the actual 'market' rate, and Buyers will not always get stuffs at the price that they desire.

In terms of our small RC community, my 2 cents would be to let the market flow and it will adjust by itself. This simply means: Willing seller, Willing Buyer.

If the seller thinks that his procession is of great value, put a price to it. And if the buyer is only willing to part $x for the part....then, keep looking.
        Before too long, when there are no response from buyers, the seller will self-adjust, if his intention is to SELL.
        If the seller wish to continue to remain fixed, then along may come a buyer who really wants the part and BUY it at the sellers' selling price. This is also market forces adjusting itself.
        The variable factor here is time, how long will both seller and buyer wait? This can only be answered by the parties themselves.

About the bad sheeps, I do not think low-ballers are all bad. They may not have market information. Also, there are nobody pointing a gun at the seller to must-sell, he may choose not to reply and ignore this buyer.

As for sellers, depending on his propensity to sell, he may adjust his price, as he receive more offers and other market information about his parts.

We should stick this thread to unscrupulous and dishonest people in their dealings. People who are selling at high prices, or buying offers of very low prices may not fall into this category.

My 2 cents!

MS
        If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Originally posted by msc

My 2 cents!

MS
          after reading your post, i do not feel as guilty for forgoing my time allocated to studying for my up coming econs exam.
          Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Not genuine buyer cum "ball rolling KING"

After posting my belt CP in the market place, this guy by the name of NICK (81237499) smsed me that he is interested in my heli on 3 Apr 08. He started to ask for discount for my sales and apparently agreed on his offers price. Then he started to sms again on the same day to ask on the price on split sales and that dragged for several sms.

On the 4 Apr 08, he smsed me that he saw protyne's post on his Mini-Titan and is interested in that. Also told him, if that is the case since he has not confirmed with me after the last sms, he can buy it from protyne.

On the 5 Apr 08, he again smsed me that whether can I let go everything as posted to him at $330 as he got $$$ constraint and also would want me to show him the heli is able to fly on the day of collection (7 Apr 08). After several persuasion, i agreed to sell him at the price he offered. After confirmation, protyne called me to ask whether NICK deal with me coz he smsed him to ask him for better offers and also asked him to include 2 lipos. Protyne did offered him a price. He then again smsed me instead of canceling the deal, he asked for 2 lipos from me to be included in the earlier confirmed price as protyne is providing. I told him not at such price. He then smsed the following (actual word):

+6581237499
            05-Apr-2008 14:35
            Hi reserve the belt cp for me. thks nick

On 6 Apr 08, I smsed him that managed to get my friend to setup the heli and would be able to show him on the day of collection but he did not reply. I then sent him a sms after about 20 mins, asking him if he is not interested in buying, please let me know. He then reply that he confirmed the deal as he was driving and couldn't reply (benefit of doubt given). He then sms whether would I be around in the evening so that he could come down to collect the heli, but due to family outing, we stick to 7 Apr 08 @7pm.

Today afternoon, he called protyne again to deal with him and saying that he did not confirmed the deal with me and would like to buy his MT. After been questioned by protyne, he then giving all kind of excuses like I am too pushy, keep sms/calling him. Worse of all, he tried to push the blame on me by saying I did not indicate in the forum that he has reserved the heli and I am trying to get better offers from it. Of coz, protyne did not agreed in selling him as both of us know this guy is trying to ball roll us.

Please do note that by writing this is not because item is not sold. Both me and protyne are not in here to earn $$$ out from hobby. If buyer is happy in the buy price, we are ok to let go the stuff, but of coz not for those price that r extreme low. Your gain cannot be our great lost.

To Nick:
            Hey Nick, listen here. By indicating reserved in my thread does not mean you would back out from the deal. Based on the past few days experience with you, both me and protyne feel that your integrity is in doubt and there isn't any credit standing in your personality. You still have the face to said that friendship between protyne and me are not strong, due to this incident we would quarrel over it. Let me tell you this, there isn't any quarrel between both of us, but both of us confirmed that you are F*** TUB . Both protyne and i have been in this hobby for quite sometime and being selling our stuffs here whereby never met someone so F*** TUB like you. Thanks for contributing to our statistics.

To protyne:
            Thanks bro.

To all:
            Beware of this BALL ROLLER. Think he should be in the bowling forum since he like to do that.

To moderator:
            Mike, do understand that by putting this thread in here is to benefit the rest as I do not have the BOWLER's nick. Would be appreciated if you are able to review it. Thanks
            Is OK if you DUN buy,
            but DUN cut my throat.

Comment

hey King, Protyne,

This guys goes by the nick hamster

Also see http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...0&postcount=15 , this other person koocdd4084 just as fishy.

Apparently, he also goes by the nick dean amd see http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...2&postcount=30
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Do we actually allow ppl to register as many nick as they wish?

Originally posted by edmond22
                hey King, Protyne,

Also see http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...0&postcount=15 , this other person koocdd4084 just as fishy.

Apparently, he also goes by the nick dean amd see http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...2&postcount=30
                If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

hey King, Protyne,

Bro Edmund,lucky we have you around us
                  JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Thks bro, think that would benefit the rest.

hey King, Protyne,

Is OK if you DUN buy,
                    but DUN cut my throat.

Comment

Clarified thing out

You all no detective or mod or what ?The mod hv delete his account for posting NIB item .So who r u to judge .by the way he eat more salt then u eat more rice .He is by best friend so I will help him .seen his both account are delete and do not wish to reopen again that I got to speck out for him ,Pls be more mature on this . ggoh76 u mean very rude on putting ppl hp there.If what he hv reserve fr u n back up and find a better deal so what .Just that ur think r not so attractive .And up ur tread on Monday this show that u hv not reserved for him at all also..I will like to end this .pls stop doing this childish thing here..

Comment

Come on Nick, it is not about whether my item is attractive or not. Is your personality. Trying to get thing cheap and sell it to earn some $$$ . Putting this thread is not to start a war with you but just to help the others to become a victim. A lot of such people here got caught here always said that he is helping his friend to sell or buy item here. If u r not NICK, with the pervious incident you still didn't learn? That is very sad .

Why i post the number is that we know what you are thinking. You don't even dare to tell us your nick when we asked. Coz you know you are in this list. You may think we are doing childish thing here, but let me tell you, by exploring the others ill motive act is each and every guy responsibility here. If you does not agreed, then don't to this forum if you think we are all too childish for you.

As the creator of this thread, i would appreciate the rest of the bro not to post in your view further as we know about it can liao. As for NICK, you can reply whatever thing you want, i will not entertain you further as most of the bro can judge who has a hidden agenda. But if i would ever see any newbie in this forum become you victim, i would not hesitate to interfere in the transaction and hunt you down .

Originally posted by koocdd4084
                        You all no detective or mod or what ?The mod hv delete his account for posting NIB item .So who r u to judge .by the way he eat more salt then u eat more rice .He is by best friend so I will help him .seen his both account are delete and do not wish to reopen again that I got to speck out for him ,Pls be more mature on this . ggoh76 u mean very rude on putting ppl hp there.If what he hv reserve fr u n back up and find a better deal so what .Just that ur think r not so attractive .And up ur tread on Monday this show that u hv not reserved for him at all also..I will like to end this .pls stop doing this childish thing here..
                        Is OK if you DUN buy,
                        but DUN cut my throat.

Comment

Originally posted by msc
                          Just take note for all your future sales:

Caveat venditor
                          Dear All,

In regards to my post.. I received a call from another member that he had encountered the same person who had purchased my items. Now the same person tries to resell my items to another member and now there are some unfulfilled money transaction going on !!! Please be careful of the person :

Identification :
                          By the name of Gabriel
                          Mobile 907537***
                          Works in TNT
                          Carries a LV's puppy carrier ( last seen )
                          Evades calls with overseas excuses
                          Will try all means to ask his TNT delivery man to collect stuffs on his behalf.

Do not deal with this man. You will have big headache everyday !
                          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Dear All,

In regards to my post.. I received a call from another member that he had encountered the same person who had purchased my items. Now the same person tries to resell my items to another member and now there are some unfulfilled money transaction going on !!! Please be careful of the person :

Identification :
                            By the name of Gabriel
                            Mobile 907537***
                            Works in TNT

Its a complicated issue... i feel no point keeping the car that are not worthy to run so i ask for a refund but knwing that a 100% refund is not possible so i offer him a way out by saying you can have the car back by just refunding me 50% of the $350 i paid for it... that is giving him an easy way out but till now he is not refunding me but he promise to do so by next tuesday so i gave him the benifit of doubt. By the way he is still selling the car which means my $350 are a 'gift' to him. so i will wait till next tuesday before taking legal action as my dad is a retire lawyer and most prob going to the police and report it under the cyber fruad crime dept with all the SMSes i still kept.

So guys, we'll jus hold on to our 'trigger' before firing him... give him a chance and i had given him a lot of chances to the extend of loosing 50% as a cause for his inconvience but now it seems that the inconvience are all on me and not him.

Lets hope he is a man of intergrity. I do't believe a man of his age and standing will do such a thing and i believe he did it out of foolishness and wasn't thinking straight... lets give him a couple of days.

The R/C community isn't huge here so why make it so ugly since we knew each other and may see each other on weekend be it heli or car... let's juz enjoy the hobby and settle all these unsettle issue once and for all like a man.

I hope that person who happened to read this will ot take it as a personal attack, think about the consequences and trouble we are going through and most of all, the trust we gave each other here...

Comment

Originally posted by stonely0
                              Its a complicated issue... i feel no point keeping the car that are not worthy to run so i ask for a refund but knwing that a 100% refund is not possible so i offer him a way out by saying you can have the car back by just refunding me 50% of the $350 i paid for it... that is giving him an easy way out but till now he is not refunding me but he promise to do so by next tuesday so i gave him the benifit of doubt. By the way he is still selling the car which means my $350 are a 'gift' to him. so i will wait till next tuesday before taking legal action as my dad is a retire lawyer and most prob going to the police and report it under the cyber fruad crime dept with all the SMSes i still kept.

So guys, we'll jus hold on to our 'trigger' before firing him... give him a chance and i had given him a lot of chances to the extend of loosing 50% as a cause for his inconvience but now it seems that the inconvience are all on me and not him.

Lets hope he is a man of intergrity. I do't believe a man of his age and standing will do such a thing and i believe he did it out of foolishness and wasn't thinking straight... lets give him a couple of days.

The R/C community isn't huge here so why make it so ugly since we knew each other and may see each other on weekend be it heli or car... let's juz enjoy the hobby and settle all these unsettle issue once and for all like a man.

I hope that person who happened to read this will ot take it as a personal attack, think about the consequences and trouble we are going through and most of all, the trust we gave each other here...
                              Also by the way, no point tracking down his nickname as he may have registered a few a/c and in dif forum in the R/C comunity. The above said transaction took place in another forum locally but i happened to find out his history here. I trusted him when he said that everything are in great working condition and he sound so eager to sell he even say he will offer me to tune it if i have trouble but i don't need that as i was in Heli and cars long enough to know what is working and wat is not. I even requested for manual that he promise will come with the sale but all i got was manual of other car and i'm not sure whether he know what he is selling... furthermore he came to me at a very late hours that makes it not possible for me to try te car out otherwise i will not have bought it from him but i remember clearly telling him i will be in touch if i ran into problem with the deal.

I just want this nightmare to be over with... and for now, no more 2nd hand sales for me i did rather pay for a brand new one.

Comment

Dear All,

Identification :
                                By the name of Gabriel
                                Mobile 907537***
                                Works in TNT

Hi all,in regards of all the members in tis forum i'm also one of the unlucky person too...beware of tis guy ya...he's currently using the nick neubronner and staying at marine parade....am i right guys??he sold me one of his truggy plus few engines and until now the thing still can't run,tried calling him and yes,all those same lame excuses came out as u all stated ...oversea,never answer the phone,wife nagging and many2 more.....i really wish dat somebody could do sumting abt tis.......

Comment

Working...
                                X