Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm quite new to RC stuffs but I've done quite a fair bit of trading (and being robert) in other stuffs like computer hardware , motobike and hp etc.

I think I can suggest some tips based on what I've experienced:

Location of deal : Pre agreed, normally at convenient locations for both. If other party insists, then it's fishy. Fly aeroplane? At least you've only been cheated of time and not money!

Price : Price must be agreed before meeting. Any last minute changes, walk away!

(common tactic is to give very good price, then ask u,being greedy, to go somewhere far away in a quick time. Once you reach then he'll change the price, to much higher than market price. But you're blinded by greed already!) - learned the hard way from a HP purchase

Electronics: You can't test electronics with bare eyes. Don't be fooled by so called personal warranties. Test it by using seller setup or bring yours. If impractical to test, then you better not buy it. I NEVER buy CPU chips or RAM unless I see them tested or they're less than $30.

"Test-able" stuff: TEST them physically, and inspect them! Have the seller fly the heli (don't fly it yourself lest you crash). If you're the cosmetic type, don't meet up late at night, it's harder to spot details like cracks and scratches.

(yes I bought a scratchy motorbike at night)

Change of product: Suddenly seller recommends you to get something else instead. Sounds fishy, walk away immediately!

Payment: CASH only. Do not give or accept loans.

After the deal: Don't promise tech support, but only give on your free will. Likewise don't expect support even if others promised.

I may sound like a skeptic, but dishonest people are all around. Buying second hand saves you money, but brings the risks of being conned. Reduce your risks by being alert!

Take care trading everyone!
    Sengkang random flier

Comment

Insincere buyer

Posted my small boat for sale and Mr X replied that he was interested to get it for his wife. After a few days, he suddenly called me to have a look at the boat. Lucky I was home, I tested the boat before meeting him.

On meeting him, he saw the boat and commented that it was too small. He would be interested in bigger boats that I have. I have two Catamaran boats on sale too but I informed him that it would really be much more expensive to run them, in the range of S$500-800 as I am only selling the hull n hardware for S$200. He said he did not mind paying for a bigger faster boat that can overcome waves.

Ok, since he dont mind paying, I brought him up to my flat. As I am still running the Catamaran boats, they have all the electronics installed in them. I specifically told him that I am selling w/o the electronics. He then said its too expensive for him. He saw my shelf of helis and commented that he also have a Trex600 and Raptor50. I showed him my 53" boat with a Neu 2215 8mm shaft. He boasted that his Trex600 motor can run that boat. I laughed so loud in my heart that tis guy is definately know nuts abt electric boating.

Then he saw my 25" mono boat(which was almost the same size as the boat he initially wanted to buy) and said this boat is wat he looking for. Err hello, who said he wanted faster bigger boat in the first place. Tis 25" boat is not for sale, its for me to play ard in smaller ponds.

Then I showed him my 33" mono boat. He then said he old man, dont need such a fast boat. Err hello, who said wanted fast boats??? And btw, 60+yr old man in the states run boats that are way faster than the ones here in SG!!!

Lastly, he looked at my Catamaran boat again and said if I can sell it as it is for S$200, he will take it. OMG, the 200A ESC alone already cost US$200 leh, how to sell you everything for S$200. He then said JH boats, he consider too fast for him liao. Huh??? Is that contradicting to wat he just said??? My Catamaran boat will definately run at 40mph leh, faster than JH stock electric boats.

Waste my 30mins and taking out the boats for such insincere buyer to see. He has no intention to buy or looking for a cheap buy. I rather my boat stay on the shelf than selling to him.

Comment

nick sbc u wasted my time don put people aeroplane u wan sell sell it properly don tell me nxt min u tell me got people wholesale
        [B][U][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Long [/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]They[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]Have[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Wings[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]I'll[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Fly[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Them[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

flyfly

ok maybe hes not so good... went to sembawang to get the guys help check out my heli. found out ALOT of problems. tail rotor was spinning the wrong side, length of linkage were not same, tail blade mount too tight, and many problems before the guys there manage to hover it up..

Comment

Originally posted by flightsimmer View Post
            ok maybe hes not so good... went to sembawang to get the guys help check out my heli. found out ALOT of problems. tail rotor was spinning the wrong side, length of linkage were not same, tail blade mount too tight, and many problems before the guys there manage to hover it up..
            Dude,I thought u said he tested for u and its ok?
            Plane 1:
            FreeWing F-15
            Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
            GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
            Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

he tested all elec, and hovered maybe few cm for few secs? wind was very very strong. maybe that was his advantage

Originally posted by JieZ View Post
              Dude,I thought u said he tested for u and its ok?

Comment

he tested all elec, and hovered maybe few cm for few secs? wind was very very strong. maybe that was his advantage
                If you gotten what you paid for, then by all means its a fair deal. if the problem is with the setting up of the heli, then it doesn't "qualify" him to be on this list as not everybody knows how to setup the heli "perfectly".

Comment

, if the heli is in the wrong setting, he couldn't even take off, dun say abt hovering.

Hovering has nothing to do with strong wing, in fact, u have to input more stick in order to hover that size of heli

Comment

typo

, if the heli is in the wrong setting, he couldn't even take off, dun say abt hovering.

Hovering has nothing to do with strong wind, in fact, u have to input more stick in order to hover that size of heli

Comment

hes a good seller. i was late for about 40mins as i was rushing back from school. he waited at the bus stop and when i arrived, he explained the heli, brought it to the field to test hover, before switching to my rx to do some settings. but hes using futaba so SiBehSong ( desmond ) helped me instead. gave me some spares and bought a new blade holder for me. hassle free and good seller

bro the highlighted part already said can hover lei......n he did some setting to your rx............
                      DX7 SE

Comment

do not be too quick to say some1 about another person..........did u contact him first before rectifying ah............ at least do that ya............

FOr me something happan to me and NOW I AM LEFT WITH NO RADIO AND HAVE VERY STRONG ITCH TO FLY MY SEBART............ but still i do not condemn the person first.i called him n was able to rectify..........
                        DX7 SE

Comment

Edited

Sorry

Originally posted by nismopower View Post
                          do Not Be Too Quick To Say Some1 About Another Person..........did U Contact Him First Before posting Here Ah............ At Least Do That Ya............

For Me Something Happan To Me And Now I Am Left With No Radio And Have Very Strong Itch To Fly My New Sebart............ But Still I Do Not Condemn The Person First.i Called Him N Was Able To Rectify..........
                          DX7 SE

Comment

corrections

well, flyfly just contacted me, the told me hes also quite new, like me, and he dented his tail boom before selling me, so he changed a new one. maybe thats when he twisted the belt and got the tail spinning the wrong direction.

Comment

flyfly

flyfly is one of the nicest online sellers/buyers, had met him twice and he is always polite.

Listing him here is uncalled for and based on what happened, flightsimmer, i think u owe him an apology.
                              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

khaylim

I seldom or almost never list ppl here but this guy has to be the worst buyer i have ever met. Clearly insincere. Imagine this, bargaining again and again after u have met his offer, and this is all even before viewing.

I expected him to be a kid for this type of behaviour but i was shocked he turned out to be a middle aged guy with middle aged friends. After asking a ton of questions, I was once again shocked that he didnt buy.., u see his sms was to arrange to collect. what a waste of my time

So beware guys, personally I am not going to bother with this fellow again.
                                For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
                                X