Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HYPERION FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR EOS0610i NET AND DUO CHARGERS!!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYPERION FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR EOS0610i NET AND DUO CHARGERS!!!

Hello all,

There has been a latest release of the Hyperion EOS0610i and EOS0610 DUO firmware update on 20 March.

The update further increases safety under SYNC MODE charging - an extra feature released on 20 March!

For those who have purchased the EOS 0610i or EOS0610 DUO chargers from us, please call / email us for a free update of the firmware. For overseas customers, if you utilise the SYNC Mode charging and need them to be updated, please send it back to us. Service is FREE but return-shipping charges applies.

If you prefer, you may refer to the link here : http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/0610i-firmware.htm for your own update.
    But the hotlink cable is not ready and require you to DIY using a standard Servo Extension wire if you deemed yourself confident of fabricating one. (see link above)
    You will also need to purchase the PC Interface PRG-USB Cable (Product Code : HP-TI-PRGUSB) to perform this task yourself.

Otherwise, please feel free to approach me for the firmware update for you.

*** NOTE : Before you update, kindly take note of the current version displayed on the charger LCD screen before the update.
    The latest version should read V1.3(0610i NET ) or V1.1(0610i DUO) on the display after the update.
    P/S : We have equipped ourselves with necessary software/PC Port cables to perform the task for you, just bring your charger down for a 2 min update on the spot.

Best,

Derrick
    SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre,
    Singapore 199018.
    Tel : +65-62933968
    www.skyhobbies.com.sg
    Last edited by SKYHOBBIES; 23-03-2008, 12:41 PM.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
    Tel : +65 6293 3968
    Official You Tube Channel
    FACEBOOK :

5th UPDATE TO EOS 0610i Chargers NET & DUO - v1.7 - Release date SEPTEMBER 5 2008

5th UPDATE TO EOS 0610i Chargers NET & DUO - v1.7 - Release date SEPTEMBER 5 2008

SEE v1.7 MANUAL ADDENDUM and Firmware Details

Note: Hyperion have made major advances in features and functions via firmware updates to NET/DUO chargers
    over the past year. At this time, we expect v1.7 to be the last update of 2008. Of course, we will continue
    to listen to your advice, and may release another update if called for sometime next year.

Customers with V1.6 or earlier, please return your chargers to your respective dealers for the update or you can return to us at TEXTILE CENTRE to be done.

All new stocks for the EOS0610i NET and DUO chargers are now V1.7! No further update required!

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    FACEBOOK :

Comment

a recommended upgrade!...
      like the new TCS feature setting where it can stop charging at a specified capacity. previously, it was only a beep.

also, the new Quickview for charging is also need..

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner View Post
        a recommended upgrade!...
        like the new TCS feature setting where it can stop charging at a specified capacity. previously, it was only a beep.

also, the new Quickview for charging is also need..

cheers!
        TCS on the older version already able to stop charging at your set TCS percentage.
        Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
        Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
        HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
        sigpic

Comment

New Firmware updates available for EOS0610 DUO2 Chargers only.
          Released 14 Feb 2009:

VERSION 1.2
          (this is for DUO2 ONLY, NOT FOR original DUO!)
          * Added LIPO MAX C setting under USER SETUP. Choices 1C~5C in 1C steps
          * Modified FAN ON/OFF control to increase cooling under certain circumstances

Note for Fan Cooling conditions, the new 1.2 version was formulated to reduce the heat accumulated at the LCD display compartment... this is an improvement on the fan cooling regulated conditions.

Please send your DUO2 chargers back to Sky Hobbies for your new version updates.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
          FACEBOOK :

Comment

New Updates

To all owners of Hyperion EOS0610i NET and EOS0610i DUO chargers please note.

There is a recent update on your chargers.

EOS0610iNET CHANGES - now V2.0
            What are the changes?

(1) LIPO MAX C – Under USER SETUP menu, you will now find a setting to allow setting of Maximum “C” charge rate for Lithium Polymer (3.7v/cell type) batteries, with options of 1C, 2C, 3C, 4C, and 5C (2C is Default). Note that MAX C attainable will depend on the Amps Max and Watt Max rating of your charger, and pack capacity. NOTE: It is entirely YOUR responsibility to determine the SAFE Max C for your LiPo pack. If you don’t know, never exceed 1C rates. HYPERION LCL, LCX, LVX, LVZ types 2C max charge rate. HYPERION GENERATION II 25C and 35C packs, 5C max charge rate (GEN2 packs est. release date March 25 2009) ALL HYPERION SWIFT CAR PACKS - 5C max charge rate (note ALL Swift Car packs produced support 5C rate, regardless of 2C cautions on initial packaging)

(2) Cooling Fan Control – Cooling Fan will now come ON at lower watt/amp point, to avoid point overheating under certain conditions, which could affect LCD display.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
            FACEBOOK :

Comment

EOS0610iDUO CHANGES - now V2.10
              What are the changes?

(1) LIPO MAX C – Under USER SETUP menu, you will now find a setting to allow setting of Maximum “C” charge rate for Lithium Polymer (3.7v/cell type) batteries, with options of 1C, 2C, 3C, 4C, and 5C (2C is Default). Note that MAX C attainable will depend on the Amps Max and Watt Max rating of your charger, and pack capacity. NOTE: It is entirely YOUR responsibility to determine the SAFE Max C for your LiPo pack. If you don’t know, never exceed 1C rates. HYPERION LCL, LCX, LVX, LVZ types 2C max charge rate. HYPERION GENERATION II 25C and 35C packs, 5C max charge rate (GEN2 packs est. release date March 25 2009) ALL HYPERION SWIFT CAR PACKS - 5C max charge rate (note ALL Swift Car packs produced support 5C rate, regardless of 2C cautions on initial packaging)
              NOTE: v2.10 is same as v2.00, but removes LIPO MAX C setting from CH#2 User Setup. Therefore CH#1 LIPO MAX C choice is now global for both ports.

(2) Cooling Fan Control – Cooling Fan will come ON at lower watt/amp point, to avoid point overheating under certain conditions, which could affect LCD display.

(3) CH Button Result(DUO Only) – Previously, when viewing – for example – Cell Voltages in the Data View on one CHANNEL, pushing the CH Button would take you to the previously used screen position on the other Channel. Now when the CH Button is pressed it will take you to the corresponding MODE, on the other channel, but not usually the exact same screen. It simply saves a few button pushes during setup… This applies only during setup, and not during charge (or discharge, store, etc) operation.

(4) Lithium IR Value Reporting – Pack IR values reported are now more accurate

(5) Allowed Battery Capacity – Settings increased for Lithium type (50000mAh now) and PB (100Ah now).

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
              FACEBOOK :

Comment

Kindly note the above updates are for EOS0610iNET and EOS0610iDUO only.
                Those with 0720iNET and 0610iDUO2 need not upgrade.

You are welcome to bring the chargers back to where you got from and we will upgrade them one at a time. Your charger will also undergo a factory re-initializing reset and please expect previous data losses in your bank after this is done.

Regards,

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                FACEBOOK :

Comment

Can we just bring it to any authorised dealer / LHS for the updates?

Comment

Yes you can... for retail customers, you can approach Mr Ken Yap and Mr Xian Teo for assistance (depending where you got yours from, based on your receipt). If yours is bought outside of Singapore, please come to me straight... we'll still do it for you directly.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                    FACEBOOK :

Comment

Is it necessary to upgrade? How long have to wait for the process?
                      Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by frankielee35 View Post
                        Is it necessary to upgrade? How long have to wait for the process?
                        Thanks
                        Depends on whether the changes above benefit you. Otherwise you may keep your charger the way it is if you have been using it all along fine.

However for EOS0610iNET, I strongly encourage the owner to upgrade to V2.0 if your charger is still at V1.6. The "Cooling Fan Control" is a very important update as some of the users find it useful to have the fan conditions renewed. This had been resolved in V1.7, but you may as well skip all to V2.0. I hope you see what I mean.

FIRMWARE Update process usually takes about 5-10 mins.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                        FACEBOOK :

Comment

Duo

Got it donw yesterday to v2.1 for my DUO.
                          Will be charging my G3 packs with close to 5C this weekend. (max 10A)

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES View Post
                            Depends on whether the changes above benefit you. Otherwise you may keep your charger the way it is if you have been using it all along fine.

However for EOS0610iNET, I strongly encourage the owner to upgrade to V2.0 if your charger is still at V1.6. The "Cooling Fan Control" is a very important update as some of the users find it useful to have the fan conditions renewed. This had been resolved in V1.7, but you may as well skip all to V2.0. I hope you see what I mean.

FIRMWARE Update process usually takes about 5-10 mins.

OK! I'll bring over to your shop.
                            Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

Very Happy

Guys...get your charger upgrade and also get yourself these G3 packs.

I have 6 flights today on my Mini-3D RIGID (450 size spinning 350mm) with just 2 packs of VX G3 2200mah lipos. Charging at close to 5C or 10A, and full charge within 15mins...

Loving it.

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X