This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification

It has come to my attention that FlightPower is manufacturing lipo cells on their own in a factory in Malaysia.

I regret for any comments that may have caused misunderstanding that Flightpower obtain their cells supplies from the renowned Enerland in Korea.
    [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Noted.. Thanks!

Originally posted by RadioControl-Sports
    It has come to my attention that FlightPower is manufacturing lipo cells on their own in a factory in Malaysia.

I regret for any comments that may have caused misunderstanding that Flightpower obtain their cells supplies from the renowned Enerland in Korea.

Comment

FlightPower - Clarification

Gentlemen,

This confusion has arisen because Ken Yap of RadioControl-Sports has been unlawfully using (misusing) the FlightPower name to promote the Polyquest packs that he sells by claiming that they are the same thing in a different wrapping - this is not true!

FlightPower is Enerland's largest industrial customer with offices in the UK, USA and Malaysia. FlightPower is the world's most popular brand of RC Flight packs. FlightPower is the choice of the the best and most famous pilots in Europe, Australia and the USA including Curtis Youngblood, Nigel Brown, Quique Somenzini,Christophe Paysant Le Roux, Sebastiano Silvestiri and many others. All FlightPower Evo packs are made in Malaysia in FlightPower's wholly owned factory using cell selection, cell matching and quality control methods to deliver the ultimate in quality, reliability and performance. This is backed up by world-wide warranty and customer service that is second to none. That is what FlightPower is.

It is possible to purchase packs made from Enerland cells elsewhere, either at the same price but sometimes at an unauthorised discount, but with the exception of Thunder Power (the world's only other advanced quality controlled RC pack maker), these are all factory direct Polyquest and other re-badge items. These are good products, but they are NOT FlightPower. That would be like claiming you have a Sony TV when you have an unbranded TV set that contains a circuit board sourced from a supplier that Sony uses. This is misleading to the end user and we have insisted that Ken Yap stops this disgraceful sales tactic.

I trust that clarifies the situation.

Julian Cox
      AFT FlightPower

Comment

...more confused by the latest posting.... anyway the bottom line is FP Evo made in MY.....
        After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

or buy from a more reputable source?

Comment

Hi Julian, thanks for posting that. Just a question I have, according to your statement below, Flightpower is Enerland's largest customer.

How does that apply if FP manufactures and matches their own cells in their own factory in Malaysia? What does FP purchase from Enerland that makes them Enerland's biggest customer?

Sorry if I have to ask, as I have a Polyquest batt and since this incident surfaced, I just want to find out what the real story behind it is.

thanks!
            « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

Yah - really confusing. Saw in the RC Sports site - it does not mention Flightpower oso. Oso, is Julian cautioning us not to purchase from Flightpower or something of that sort? hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by shauntot
                Hi Julian, thanks for posting that. Just a question I have, according to your statement below, Flightpower is Enerland's largest customer.

How does that apply if FP manufactures and matches their own cells in their own factory in Malaysia? What does FP purchase from Enerland that makes them Enerland's biggest customer?

Sorry if I have to ask, as I have a Polyquest batt and since this incident surfaced, I just want to find out what the real story behind it is.

thanks!
                I believe the individual lipo cells are bought from Enerland, and subsequently are matched and repacked into complete lipos in Malaysia. I think that's what this Julian is saying. I might be wrong. But if it turns out that Flightpower does indeed purchase individual cells from Enerland to repack and reprocess, then I think it wouldn't be appropriate to say that they are "manufacturing lipo cells" in Malaysia. Rather, a better way to put it would be to say that the packs are finished in Malaysia with cells coming from Enerland.

Also, it's not illegal for one to claim that Polyquest packs are a close substitute to Flightpower. There's nothing illegal when the packs are clearly labeled Polyquest to consumers(no confusions here). What would be questionable here would thus be more of an ethical nature.

Comment

tooty - i agree, that's what i knew too, from other forums, that FP cells are manufactured by Enerland, and they are packed to form the FP packs.

So why I don't know now which is the truth, is that Julian states that FP manufactures their own cells in their own factory in MY OR FP purchases their cells from Enerland and then processes them into packs in their factory in Malaysia

If the 2nd statement is indeed true, I also believe the Ken did not falsely advertise the Polyquest packs. If I remember correctly as in RCS's website states before, Polyquest packs come from Enerland's own manufacturing process in Korea - the same company that produces the FP cells used in FP packs.

Ken has also helped me a lot during my start in rc helis, and I am also a witness to his customer service especially to bros at the field having problems with helis bought from him, and even not bought from him. Either to dumb setups, or mechanical issues, he always helps out even when it means he can't fly for the duration of his stay at the field. That's how he treats his customers, so again, if the 2nd statement above is true, then by no means is this a breach of sales ethics

Comment

I totally agree, our friend is not that kind of person. He is one of the more honest and more friendly RC sales person I met so far. When I buy things from him I don even need to go round & compare prices. to you my friend.....
                    After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

RCS does say that Polyquest is manufactured in Korea, by Enerland, but I don't see anywhere on the website that it even mentions Flightpower.

So I don't understand where the statment comes from that RCS is saying that FP are the same cells as Polyquest cells

Julian, would appreciate your clarification on this, thanks!

Comment

I wonder if anyone would buy Nike made in US or Nike made in China if it costs the same. Frankly i've never seen any Nike made in US for a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by shauntot
                          tooty - i agree, that's what i knew too, from other forums, that FP cells are manufactured by Enerland, and they are packed to form the FP packs.

So why I don't know now which is the truth, is that Julian states that FP manufactures their own cells in their own factory in MY OR FP purchases their cells from Enerland and then processes them into packs in their factory in Malaysia

If the 2nd statement is indeed true, I also believe the Ken did not falsely advertise the Polyquest packs. If I remember correctly as in RCS's website states before, Polyquest packs come from Enerland's own manufacturing process in Korea - the same company that produces the FP cells used in FP packs.

Ken has also helped me a lot during my start in rc helis, and I am also a witness to his customer service especially to bros at the field having problems with helis bought from him, and even not bought from him. Either to dumb setups, or mechanical issues, he always helps out even when it means he can't fly for the duration of his stay at the field. That's how he treats his customers, so again, if the 2nd statement above is true, then by no means is this a breach of sales ethics
                          JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

I say this is a low side by Julian Cox.

Count yourself lucky to have good representive locally like KPmodelsport for FP else I seriously have second thought about your product. Sort things out in a clear and nice way. No way are you going to bring Ken's reputation down in this way. We all know what kind of person he is and I will give him the benefit of doubt on this matter. He may be in a way mis interpret / mis lead information in www.

Since he had offered his clarification, further comment by you doesnt serve any help apart from making things more confusing and it irritates me.

You guys might be interested to have a look here

Take care.

Mike

Comment

Guys,

We purchase cells from Enerland in Korea and make outstanding battery packs with them.

I have written here to correct and clarify Ken's statement above.

We have instructed Ken to remove references to our products on his web site and on forums - that is why they are not references to our brand name there any more.

The only reason for any of this is that we received an number of complaints from the region stating that Ken was creating trouble with misleading statements in forums and on his web site since he lost the agency to carry our products.

Thank you,

Julian

Comment

Working...
                              X