Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD NEWS - Airfoilz's coming this June Hoildays

Good news for all the foam lovers.

We have just been appointed the dealer from Airfoilz USA to make their products available in Singapore.

Introducing the YAK-54 & EDGE-540 with revolutionary foam construction featuring internal light-weight balsa spars for fuse re-inforcement.

For those who are interested in their range of foam planes, please see RC Universe discussions or at RCGroups discussions.

Back orders are currently being served and we will make them available soonest in our store front.

Regards

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
    Tel : +65 6293 3968
    Official You Tube Channel
    FACEBOOK :

oh wow! what is the price like/?

Comment

how much will it be???

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
        Had a long day... with the Vortex

We have replied to some emails regarding the price of the Airfoilz and as according to Airfoilz USA, the home price for all Airfoilz kits in Singapore will be at S$145.00 after shipping and duties. We will publish the final price once we get the shipping confirmation again. For those whom we replied at S$125 we apologise as we have gotten a confirmation cost just today by Airfoilz USA.

We will try our very best to make it available in Singapore as soon as possible.

Kindly indicate your interest in both Yak-54 and Edge-540 in the following:

AIRFOILZ YAK-54:
        1)
        2)
        3)

AIRFOILZ EDGE-540:
        1)
        2)
        3)

Here is the video of Airfoilz Edge-540 on a speed boat run...
        AIRFOILZ EDGE-540 Video

Enjoy!

Regards,

Sky Hobbies Singapore
        Last edited by SKYHOBBIES; 03-07-2006, 11:37 PM. Reason: Price revised due to shipping cost

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
        200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
        FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
          Good news for all the foam lovers.

We have just been appointed the dealer from Airfoilz USA to make their products available in Singapore.

Introducing the YAK-54 & EDGE-540 with revolutionary foam construction featuring internal light-weight balsa spars for fuse re-inforcement.

Regards
          Hmm, they look nice! But pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the two? I only see the Yak-54 on the website. Thank you!
          I can haz diving?

Comment

Hi Nightbreed,

Here are the pics for your information.
            Both are 40-inch wingspan only difference is the fuseline and wing LE are slightly different.

AIRFOILZ EDGE-540 Vs YAK-54...

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
            FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
              Hi Nightbreed,

Here are the pics for your information.
              Both are 40-inch wingspan only difference is the fuseline and wing LE are slightly different.

AIRFOILZ EDGE-540 Vs YAK-54...
              Thank you!

Last question. Which one easier to fly? :P Straight leading edge or slightly swept back? Thanks.
              I can haz diving?

Comment

Different planes has different characteristic.... Both the yak and the edge has is's uniqueness in flight. Both plane will be as enjoyable indoor and outdoor...
                I believe that this will be much more of a solid outdoor performer than the sloppy foamy from hacker.....
                Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                20,000 times a min

Comment

Originally posted by mathsinstrument
                  Different planes has different characteristic.... Both the yak and the edge has is's uniqueness in flight. Both plane will be as enjoyable indoor and outdoor...
                  I believe that this will be much more of a solid outdoor performer than the sloppy foamy from hacker.....
                  I see...so buy and try?
                  I can haz diving?

Comment

Let me start the ball rolling....

Kindly indicate your interest in both Yak-54 and Edge-540 in the following:

AIRFOILZ YAK-54:
                    1) DT8666
                    2)
                    3)

AIRFOILZ EDGE-540:
                    1)
                    2)
                    3)

Comment

AIRFOILZ YAK-54:
                      1) DT8666
                      2) nightbreed
                      3)

AIRFOILZ EDGE-540:
                      1)
                      2)
                      3)
                      I can haz diving?

Comment

Hello all!,

here is a independt look at the 2 planes-

As stated before buy both if you can. But if your budget can't handle both either plane will be a good choice. I have numerous flights on both airframes over a 100 on the edge. I stopped counting at 100 and 34 on the yak. They both are great planes the best you can get in their class. Having said that I will lay out what I see are the differences are. Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

The Edge flies percsion well but not as well as the yak. The yak has cleaner lines not that the edge lines are bad just not quite as good a little more work to clean them up.

The Edge tumbles better than the yak the edge is just a little more violent than the yak. They both 3d great but overall I would give the win to the edge but it takes a little more skill to bring it out in the edge vs. the yak.

The Yak is easier to hover than the edge but both hover nicely.

The Yak is a good choice for a beginner to an expert.
                        The Edge would be better suited for a novis to an expert.

Depending on what level you are flying at should dictate in my oppion of what to get.
                        I will try to put it in simple terms.

Two pilots being equal at the beginner level one on the yak and one on the edge the yak pilot would win.

The same is true for the novice level.

But here is the difference at the top-level two equal pilots the guy with the edge would win.

Again both are great planes. They are both at the top of there class. There are no planes even close to how well either one of the planes perform in their class.

I hope this helps.
                        Michael Yosten

Comment

And we have our new pattern plane do to be released in a couple of weeks- here is a little video or the proto- http://airfoilz.com/images/video/pattern.wmv and more pics here- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=511936&pp=15

Comment

Thanks Paul for your claifications on our behalf.
                            By the way please allow us to introduce Paul. He is the designer for both the Airfoilz Yak54 and Edge540. This thread will solely be committed to Q&A from now.
                            I am sure Paul will be glad to answer all questions pertaining to our new Airfoilz range of products.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                            FACEBOOK :

Comment

The Yak54 and Edge540 stock will be arriving before the June holidays (Next week)
                              Samples of the Yak54 will be displayed in our outlet next week.

Those with 3D setup questions please post them here as Airfoilz & us will be very glad to share them...

Regards

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                              FACEBOOK :

Comment

Working...
                              X