X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      Made a flight demo video from this morning's flight. If u have lived thru the 80's before, TURN UP the volume of ur PC!!!

Enjoy :

Great flying...
      is it in Yishun ???
      thxs.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior1 View Post
        Great flying...
        is it in Yishun ???
        thxs.
        Yes.

Comment

Hi Guys, just sharing my first heli fuse scratchbuilt fuse...made from foamboard...

ATOM 500
          Spektrum DX7 w/ AR7000 Rx
          Hobbywing Platinum 60A ESC w/ Stock Motor, GY401 w/ Align DS620
          3x Align DS520, 425 stock CF Blades
          TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
          Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
          sigpic

Comment

Very nice. What size is it???

Comment

Hi Adrianli....its a compass atom500 frame...
              ATOM 500
              TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
              Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
              sigpic

Comment

nice

Ver nice. Hi slammer, how do you do it?

Comment

@ perfect1...here is the pic of how the build started...

the base frame were first drawn in autocad to get the dimensions. I had to overlay the airwolf fuse drawing to get the right size of the fuse for it to fit in the atom500 frame.
                  ATOM 500
                  TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
                  Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
                  sigpic

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Really nice.. That must be very light fuselage u got there

Are u going to harden the structure?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                        Really nice.. That must be very light fuselage u got there

Are u going to harden the structure?

SH
                        Hi SH...the fuse is done but not yet painted and i plan to maiden it first before the paintjob, that will give me some clue whether to apply some sort of hardener or just leave it as bare foam...i assume it will show some cracks or gaps after the flight but i doubt it as foam is quite flexible having some experience with scratchbuilt foamy planes...as long as the gears are rigid and stays in place, i dont foresee any problems at all, i had it bench tested and the fuse handles the vibration well not showing any sign of fatigue...the frame shown is not yet complete, i added some more cross braces to make it a bit stonger to hold the outer panels and i can see i holds well...
                        ATOM 500
                        TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
                        Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
                        sigpic

Comment

Slammer dude, you are a genius! Foam...incredible! I am just a lil worried about the fuselage coming apart during flight but I am sure you would have got that aspect all figured out. Do post a vid or some pics during the maiden.
                          Heli-ADDICTION:
                          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

thanks a bunch feudallordcult...no worries about it coming apart, im more concerned about the tail not yawing on one side knowing how wide the vert stab is, but ill be checking on that on the maiden and might do a little mod afterwards...cheers
                            ATOM 500
                            TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
                            Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
                            sigpic

Comment

The most important area that require rigid (IMHO), is the location that hold the main shaft to the fuselage.

Again, IMHO, if your main shaft can move around (or stir around) inside the fuselage, when u spin the rotor blade up, and together with "wheels" based heli, the heli might goes into a "ground resonance"... meaning the heli will shake itself violently and if the resonance become severe, the heli/fuselage might break apart.

So, when u spin up your heli for the first time, do take care to see whether will it goes into ground resonance or not.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                                The most important area that require rigid (IMHO), is the location that hold the main shaft to the fuselage.

Again, IMHO, if your main shaft can move around (or stir around) inside the fuselage, when u spin the rotor blade up, and together with "wheels" based heli, the heli might goes into a "ground resonance"... meaning the heli will shake itself violently and if the resonance become severe, the heli/fuselage might break apart.

So, when u spin up your heli for the first time, do take care to see whether will it goes into ground resonance or not.

SH
                                Bro Super-Hornet, this is really good input, i will check on that, i have already asked a friend of mine about this...yeah, i did notice that at the rpm before take off when the wheels start to wobble...i have not yet really hovered it as the temp outside is biting cold, im afraid my fingers would freeze and I would loose control and the loose the heli as a result....really appreciate this comment as i have not really came to hear about this until this post...i have been flying this heli for more than 2 years now but its got skids rather than wheels so i have not experienced ground resonance before even once as i always get my blades tracked perfectly....two thumbs up to you bro.
                                ATOM 500
                                TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
                                Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X