Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new and wanted to take up this hobby

Hi Folks,
    I'm new and wanted to take up this hobby. Have been spending time going through all discussion n detail fm this forum.
    I also wanted to thks all bro who PM me 4 the offer for their used Tanks.
    I deside to get a new HL 1/16 Tiger or BullDog as both look nice to me.
    Yes'day I went to IMM (Active Toys) to take a look. Both model selling @ $199/each.
    Today I went to Turf City (Atalon RC) and saw they selling HL 1/14 Tiger Tank @ $299. That is a no 3818 that display on the tank and it look much bigger that 1/16. (Pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Thks.....

Hi essilor,

Its my personal opinion that a Heng Long type of tank while nice and large, is rather one dimensional, because you can only drive it around and perhaps shoot with its BB guns, you are not able to have infra red games with it against other tanks.

You may wish to consider a used Tamiya tank with the infra red battle system and join us for our games. I can put you in touch with someone that is looking to sell his M4 Sherman, if you like.
    Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
      Hi essilor,

Its my personal opinion that a Heng Long type of tank while nice and large, is rather one dimensional, because you can only drive it around and perhaps shoot with its BB guns, you are not able to have infra red games with it against other tanks.

You may wish to consider a used Tamiya tank with the infra red battle system and join us for our games. I can put you in touch with someone that is looking to sell his M4 Sherman, if you like.
      Hi r32,
      Thks for yr advise, pls PM me the person who r selling.
      The shop @ Turf City (Atalon RC) did recommed me the Tamiya but it cost $1.8k.
      Since is my 1st tank and I will not want to spend so much $$ on it incase this hobby can't last me long. Ha.... Ha....
      Thks.....

Comment

I'm just picking up the hobby as well...got started cos my fren decide to let go his vstanks M1A2 to me after he borrowed me haha.

Comment

Originally posted by RiZZo View Post
          I'm just picking up the hobby as well...got started cos my fren decide to let go his vstanks M1A2 to me after he borrowed me haha.
          Hi RiZZo,
          I notice that vstank 1/12 is very small. Afterall, can we meet-up for chat/coffee to know more abt yr vstank also wanted 2 take a look @ yr tank.
          I will PM u my contact no.
          Thks

Comment

I tink for a start n dun wan to spend too much money if halfway lost interest. den go for HL. but HL is bb. if wan infra, hav to get 3rd party where u can order from oversea. tat my opinions .

Comment

If you interested in getting cheap HL tank. I can send u a link of a HK RC web site. Their HL tank is cheap, think a SS HL Panzer is about USD$65.00 with shipment i think not more than SGD$170.00 all in.

I got my HL Pershing Metal track and gear SS version with new RX18 board at about SGD$200.00 from HK. if u have friend travel to HK, may ask them to help u get one from there. much cheaper.

Comment

If you're deciding whether RC tanking is your thing, feel free to drop by on 29/08 at ECP Skate Park and we'll give you the lowdown on this aspect of the RC hobby.
                Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

@r32
                  I am still deciding whether or not to get the tank from him. Sure we can meet up while the tank is still with me. But prob sometime next week if its ok. I will give you a ring then. Cheers!

Comment

Hi Folks,
                    Ready thks 4 all yr advise n feedback.
                    Thks....

Comment

You can see from the photographs in this forum how the games are played - usually it is two teams attack each other, last team with moving tanks wins. Sometimes we play free-for-all meaning everyone shoots at each other and the last tank is the winner.

It is somewhat similar to first person shooter type of gaming format.

You can choose your tank configuration - heavy, medium or light. Heavy tanks have can absorb more hits but have slow reload time, whereas light tanks can take only a few hits before dying, but can reload quickly.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by essilor View Post
                        Hi r32,
                        Thks for yr advise, pls PM me the person who r selling.
                        The shop @ Turf City (Atalon RC) did recommed me the Tamiya but it cost $1.8k.
                        Since is my 1st tank and I will not want to spend so much $$ on it incase this hobby can't last me long. Ha.... Ha....
                        Thks.....
                        $1800 for a Tamiya tank is quite a big markup (I assume it is the King Tiger that they have in the shop window). My M26 Pershing cost me about $1200 for the kit, a Spektrum DX6i radio, two LiPo batteries and a charger.

The cheapest Tamiya tank is the M4 Sherman, quite simple and robust.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
                          $1800 for a Tamiya tank is quite a big markup (I assume it is the King Tiger that they have in the shop window). My M26 Pershing cost me about $1200 for the kit, a Spektrum DX6i radio, two LiPo batteries and a charger.

The cheapest Tamiya tank is the M4 Sherman, quite simple and robust.

Yes, the tank is display next to the windows..

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm currently into RC flying and just poking my nose around here and there. Hmm, noticed that all of the tanks in HK are NiCd, while I have a stack of lipos lying around (range from 2s-4s). Are there any RTR lipo tanks around?
                            Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Your closest match would be the 2S packs. Based on comments from other users, Heng Long tanks' circuit boards are quite sensitive and break fairly easily. Not too sure whether it is voltage or heat-related. For Tamiya's electronics, it seems more robust and is able to handle 2S packs without a problem.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                              X