Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamiya IR Tank Game 08112009

Hi

The next Tamiya IR Tank Game will be held at HortPark Event Lawn, next to the Hands-On House. The usual rules governing tanks and battle units used applies.

Date: 08/11/2009
    Time: 1pm onward

Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Hi Whats the exact location?

Hi, I am from the flying side EDF and fast jets etc. Since childhood I always love tanks and am thinking of getting one for a start. I would like to come see your battle tanks in action.

Do let me know the exact location for the meet.

Ben

Comment

Hi please see the link below:

HortPark is a Priority in Alexandra, on the street of 33 Hyderabad Road. Discover maps, directions, 42 photos, reviews and what is nearby like MRTs, LRTs and Shopping Centres within 2km.

We are playing on the open carpet grass lawn on the left side of the Hands-On House.
      Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Will see you there 1pm

Ok.... Thanks for the directions. See you guys there 1pm.
        Will be going straight after flying. only warbird I have for now is
        Ki-84 Hayate. You need aerial support?

Ben

Comment

Actually we have a couple of flyers among us, I am contemplating getting an EP scale warbird, the Hawker Sea Fury catches my eye.

Feel free to bring it along, but I think it may not be safe to fly the aircraft in the park due to the number of trees around.

See you on Sunday, 2-3pm would be a good time, by that time everyone would be here and the game would be in full swing.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Tank Battle 081109

OK sure. Will be there at 2pm then. Lucky you told me if not I will be there at 1pm for sure. Don't start the game without me!!!

Ben

Comment

Some pics of a battle day cut short by bad weather:

SG Tankies:

Comment

One more:

SG Tankies:

Comment

congrat once again...
                  some pple are jus so lousy to be mod~~~ TELD

Comment

Tanks

Hi,
                    I was there with my daughter. Nice tanks with the sound, gun recoils and flash. I did not understand how the game works. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Ben

Comment

Hi, you didn't come up to introduce yourself? You wouldn't happen to be Benny working at Ubi, would you?

Anyway these tanks are "armed" with infra-red emitters and receivers, similar in concept and execution to SAF's MILES system. You will notice the black cylinder positioned atop each tank's turret. The army uses lasers, our tanks use infra-red beams. Each tank can be set to either be a heavy, medium or light tank. The infra red beam is effective out to approximately 30 metres depending on lighting conditions (bright sunny days may cut the range). When an enemy tank is hit, LEDs on the black cylinder blink to register the hit.

The system also attempts to duplicate the fact that from longer ranges, shells impacting at an angle tend to deflect off armour, rather than penetrate it. As a result, beyond 5 metres range, you must shoot an enemy at his 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock or 9 o'clock positions on his turret (other than the Jagdpanther, all the other tanks have rotating turrets). This simulates hitting the enemy's armor plate at a 90 degree angle and penetrating. Inside 5 metres range, as long as you have aimed your gun properly, the opponent is vulnerable from any angle. The picture below shows this concept as a schematic, but I also had difficulty understanding the concept till I actually played a battle, and started getting hits:

A heavy tank can withstand 9 shots, but it takes 9 seconds to "reload" and shoot again.

A medium tank can withstand 6 shots, but it takes 6 seconds to "reload" and shoot again.

A light tank can withstand 3 shots, but it takes 3 seconds to "reload" and shoot again.

The settings do not affect the movement speed of the tank. Each tank model has its own unique characteristics pertaining to its physical attributes: movement speed, turret rotating speed, mobility (owing to traction), and even reliability. However, with successive hits, the tank gets slower and slower, reflecting that its combat capacity is reduced.

On the day we played two formats, one being a free-for-all battle where there are no teams, only 7 tanks shooting at each other. Informal "alliances" formed when two tanks gang up on one tank (I was ganged up on by two other tanks). If you think WWE/WWF Royal Rumble, you wouldn't be too far off from the concept.

The other, more typical format that we played was Team A vs. Team B, where the field is divided into half, and tanks can only cross at the bridge in the middle. The objective is to kill the other team. That can be done other by sniping from your own side, or rushing across the bridge to try to overwhelm some of the opposing tanks. Teamwork and coordination is important, depending on the tanks you have on your side, it often makes sense to have one or two tanks advancing, with the remaining tanks providing covering fire. This is done by threatening the opponent's vulnerable angles - they can't aim at the advancing tanks without exposing themselves to getting hit as well.

The beauty of this form of RC is that unlike other types of RC, there is a challenge of combat. With RC planes or boating, at least locally, you basically just fly or sail around. You can't shoot at the other plane (though you can bomb). I know that overseas, to have aerial dogfights they tie streamers to the end of each plane, and the objective is to get behind your opponent to cut the streamer off with your propeller. There are boats that could shoot BB pellets at each other (thus sinking it) but I haven't seen any locally. But the best part about tanks? Infra-red beams never put any holes in other people's tanks.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by tattybear View Post
                        congrat once again...
                        Haha, when are you joining us again? Or switching to playing trucks already?

SG Tankies:

Comment

I realize the diagram of the concept is not showing:

Follow this link:

SG Tankies:

Comment

Sorry,

SG Tankies:

Comment

How much does it take to have a whole set up tank set up? Any joining fees in playing with you guys? Any age restriction? Looks interesting...... love teamplay and strategic game............ and its outdoor too.

Hope you guys can give some feedback..... cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X