• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mato Toys just released the russian KV-1

Hey all , Check this out Mato just released the Russian KV-1:

http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=504

Now if only they release the Stock Sherman and the FireFly model

cannonball sound.....?????

they just described something from the 17th century.
    But, if it's HL, then it is ok.

Go for it!!!

Comment

The sentences featured here are full of grammar mistakes. But I think they usually translate literally from Chinese to English hence the cannonball sound or the gun pipe flex and flash lol.

Comment

that's why:
        if that's from HL, it is ok.
        You get what you paid for.

The toy shop at Parkway Parade Basement has lots of HL 1/16 tanks, sitting in the shop since 2005, and still at $199.90.

Comment

Originally posted by modeltank View Post
          that's why:
          if that's from HL, it is ok.
          You get what you paid for.

The toy shop at Parkway Parade Basement has lots of HL 1/16 tanks, sitting in the shop since 2005, and still at $199.90.
          Well if those tanks have been there since 2005 don't get them,, they have the old boards in them! And with the the latest HL Like this KV 1 you can get a recoiling barrel or the airsoft version and the latest in their electronics the RX-18 board.

The Blitz

Comment

Any idea if they will come with the 'sherman' engine sound or did they change it?

Comment

Originally posted by Planedev View Post
              Any idea if they will come with the 'sherman' engine sound or did they change it?
              Man Plandev,, I sure wish they would,, how exspensive are the little sound cards they use 50 cents,,? I guess the after market is where is too much of a hastle to keep a bunch of different inventory on their boards! But what if they made the little sound card so it could slide in and out of a socket!

I guess it is just too much hasstle for them...

The Blitz

Comment

For those of you who are interested.

Just receive my KV-1 from Mato Toys a couple of days ago. Here's my initial Impression

Strength

1) Overall good detail, except the front light. I prefer to change to something more realistic.
                2) Working MG using optic fibre strand.
                3) Sound effects have significantly improved compared to the Jagdpanther and Stug. Although still the old sherman sound, it is clearer now, and the rumbling of the engine as the tank runs can now be heard clearly. The gun also sounds better.
                4) Overall built seems adequately rugged. Wheels swing arms will likely break after many long and intense games, but I believe replacement parts will be cheaply available and can be easily replaced.

Areas for Improvement

1) Same weak suspension as HL Jagdpanther. Must either upgrade to stronger springs, or re-position the holes for the existing springs to increase tension.
                2) Same rediculous chasis recoil.
                3) Barrel recoils the wrong way. Must open up and modify it
                4) No real tensioner.
                5) Should re-position antenna to the front.
                6) Track pins are hard to remove.

My Personal Opinion

Compare to the early Tiger I, HL has definitely improving by leaps and bounds. Give it a good paint job and change the silly looking front light, and it'll look good enough for display on anyone's book shelf.
                Operational
                1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
                1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
                1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Wow, cool btw how much you paid for it? Can share the price inclusive of shipping?. You ordered direct from Mato canada or from Mato china. I've heard that AsiaTam is coming out with metal tracks soon.

Comment

I ordered directly from Mato Canada, but the item is shipped directly from China. Total cost plus shipping is $251.

Had to apply exemption from IDA and collect the item from Singapore Post at Eunos. Same thing happened to my Jagdpanther a few months back. Seems custom now very strict with R/C equipment or toys.
                    Operational
                    1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                    1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                    Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo View Post
                      I ordered directly from Mato Canada, but the item is shipped directly from China. Total cost plus shipping is $251.

Had to apply exemption from IDA and collect the item from Singapore Post at Eunos. Same thing happened to my Jagdpanther a few months back. Seems custom now very strict with R/C equipment or toys.
                      wow another one man u damm aggressive man
                      At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

sure...the metal tracks is for US$139

and that's without the sprocket wheels

Comment

SO EX ? ? Madness.

Singapore IDA recently started to be strict on R/C toys ? Due to the remote controller radio I guess. Yup, they will send u a letter from ICA with SINGAPORE POST HEADER , then U have to fax the invoice and letter to IDA for clearance , after which have to fax back to ICA SINGAPORE POST to let them know it have been approved. BTW the IDA contact number stated on the letter is better is useless. A voice mail machine .

Comment

looks like there are a couple of "reports" the HL KV1 idler wheel will kaputt easily.
                            Don't worry, there will be improved parts soon to fix this problems. That's how they make money.

Just get your wallet ready

Comment

Originally posted by modeltank View Post
                              looks like there are a couple of "reports" the HL KV1 idler wheel will kaputt easily.
                              Yes...forget to mention this part. There are two screw holes at the side of the chasis which links to the fake tension adjuster. I think there should be screws, but for some reasons they are missing. Just reinforcement the stock set up from the inside by adding the screws, and it should be alright.

But if you want to run metal track...I think more modification are required e.g. drill through the idle wheel and secure to the false tensioner and chasis by using bolts.
                              Operational
                              1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                              Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

Working...
                              X