Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulb blew on the Tamiya 1/16 M26 Pershing. HELP

Hi for some reason the rear brake light blew . Can anyone advise on the following...

1a) Can I replace the bulb led only? 1b)or do i have to get the whole front and rear light unit?

2) If it is 1a) where can I find these leds?

Pls help

Bulb blew

Bro u can change led light at sim lim tower

Comment

hi, my light unit oso spolit, no font and brake.. the bulb maybe can go SLT to find, but this kind of super small bulb very diffcult to find. If u 1 2 replace the whole unit, u hav 2 go down stargek there to place order on that light unit. the price is stated in ur part list but will depend on jap yen..

Comment

Originally posted by cruise33 View Post
        Bro u can change led light at sim lim tower
        May i noe which floor? coz i search there all r normal buld or LED..

Comment

Bulb Blew

Many thanks to all who replied.

Yes, these bulbs are Hyper small, not sure if we can find them at Sim Lim Tower.

A quick check from a Europe site, it's priced at abt 20pounds. Ex Man!

Also I'm not sure if there's a +ve -ve poles to the legs - scully buy and fix the led but blew the other front lights!!!

I will call Stargek today to findout more abt the replacement and cost.

Comment

I use SMT LEDs for all my pershing bulbs now. Though a few have commented that the light looks heng longish now I am sort fo happy withteh results.

You can get the SMT LEDs from this shop on the third floor near teh food stall. They display lots of LEDs at teh store front and teh couple running it is quite helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Planedev View Post
              I use SMT LEDs for all my pershing bulbs now. Though a few have commented that the light looks heng longish now I am sort fo happy withteh results.

You can get the SMT LEDs from this shop on the third floor near teh food stall. They display lots of LEDs at teh store front and teh couple running it is quite helpful.
              Thanks, Will I be able to use the smt leds without modding the entry hole? What's the spec of these smt led, voltage, power?

Comment

I think you might need to enlarge the hole a bit with a round file. but not too much. As for the specs, they are a drop in fit for the pershing, no mods other than finding out the polarity of the LEDs and the wire polarity of the lighting cables.

Also soldering them can be very tricky, so take your time and if you got a maginfier, it will help a lot.

Comment

Now All Bulbs blew!!

Hmmm, before I even go down to slt all blew when I tried the tank last nite!

Order the whole light unit from US last nite (approx 12USD), it will take abt 5 days to have these sendover and replace.

Wonder wht causes it to blow, now paranoid!

Comment

u order already? whr u order? let's me take a look, if i 1 2 change mine..

Comment

Originally posted by kirakun View Post
                      u order already? whr u order? let's me take a look, if i 1 2 change mine..
                      Yup, from http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/pershingpg2.htm

All other site out of stock

12usd exluding shipping. You will have to email them, or they will not entertain. They are very very fast in processing your order.

Comment

Just wondering, Are you using lipo 7.4V pack for your pershing? If you do I suspect it is the extra voltage of the pack that is blowingteh bulbs, from my testing, the front bulb is connected in series while the rear bulb is stand alone.

That means that the supposed power supplied to the front was supposed to be 7.2V and for the rear the voltage was supposed to be 3.6V supplied. those using lipos will inadvertly supply it with higher voltages as the MFU does not do proper voltage regulating for the lights, thus the bulbs blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Planedev View Post
                          Just wondering, Are you using lipo 7.4V pack for your pershing? If you do I suspect it is the extra voltage of the pack that is blowingteh bulbs, from my testing, the front bulb is connected in series while the rear bulb is stand alone.

That means that the supposed power supplied to the front was supposed to be 7.2V and for the rear the voltage was supposed to be 3.6V supplied. those using lipos will inadvertly supply it with higher voltages as the MFU does not do proper voltage regulating for the lights, thus the bulbs blow.

Hi

I was using a 4500mah nimh pack when the bulb blew. I blew the rear one first. then followed by the front ones a couple of days later. I have since replace them and now they are working sweet. I have since replace the batt with the tahmazo 2500mah 2S lipo. Like it for a size and I dun have two unscrew the top deck to fit it in. Lightsdin blow though.

Comment

Let us know in a few weeks time, anyway after changing to leds, my lights neevr blew out anymore and whats more, its only a $5 fix. Hopefully urs will not blow, but from experience......

Comment

Bulb Blew

Bro Add Capacitor To Prevent Blew

Comment

Working...
                              X