Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY tanks?

hello everyone! is there any guideof making my own tank? i dont seem to find them, or is it that my searching skills arent good? lol

What do you really mean by "making" your own tank? And what scale you want?

Refering to build a model kit? Or Full scretchbuild by using materials?

Comment

haha sorry but i'm new to this. I just wan a basic chassis then i put my own motors that kind of things u noe?

Comment

may i know what type of tank are u building the robotwars that kind or scale tanks from the actual world
        At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

haha yeah kind of like the robot wars kind. gonna make it into somekind of a amphibious vehicle. the "tank" will have tank tracks to move on land and proppelers for moving on water. Where can i get a basic tank chassis and the tracks? How many channels is recommend? How to build the tank so that it can turn in different directions while moving? sorry for the spam heh.

Comment

Originally posted by has91 View Post
            haha yeah kind of like the robot wars kind. gonna make it into somekind of a amphibious vehicle. the "tank" will have tank tracks to move on land and propellers for moving on water. Where can i get a basic tank chassis and the tracks? How many channels is recommended for the radio system? How to build the tank so that it can turn in different directions while moving? sorry for the spam heh.
            edited. cheers everyone

Comment

u can start by getting your own chassis of any type of tanks recomended is the HENG LONG tiger one .... as for the amphobious part damm hard to replicate man un less you are a elictric and mechinical engineer i my self cant do both at the same time

Comment

haha that one i got idea already. i will be connecting a moisture sensor to a transistor circuit. So if the robot is on land, the propeller wont activate. But when its on water, the transistor circuit which is connect the a logic circuit will activate, and the land motor will deactivate. the moisture sensor will be placed in front of the propeller, so that when the tank goes to land from sea, the propeller will blow away the water in between the moisture sensor. So tada! land motor goes on while water motor deactivates. but now the problem is. how to make the tank turn on land while it is moving forward?

Comment

How are you going to keep water out of your motor compartment, esp when you need to run teh drive shaft out of teh hull to drive the srockets

Comment

i will be connecting the shaft to the motor by using a chain belt. The circuit components will be put in a container and high up in the vehicle so that water will not be able to reach the compartment at all. do you know where i can get the basic tank chassis?

Comment

lets wait and see man good luck trying

Comment

walao u sounded so sarcastic haha.

Comment

trust me, he is not being sarcastic, he is just giving you good advise.

Here are two scenarios:
                          1. Spending $150 (for a HL tank) + $300 (for upgrading)
                          result:
                          a. not as good as a Tamiya tank
                          b. realizes that you will need more money to upgrade.
                          c. more breakdowns along the way after doing (b)
                          d. go back to (a) and repeat all over again.
                          e. Eventually, you hated tanks

2. Spending $780 (example Tamiya Sherman) + $300 (radio, batt, chargers, etc)
                          a. experience the fun and joy of building the tank
                          b. enjoy the excitement of having a high quality IR tank battling
                          c. Eventually, you love tanks and understand the intelligence of tank battling.

yes, it is right to say before getting a Toyota, buying a Hyundai is a good start.
                          But at least Hyundai will last you for years until you are ready to buy a Toyota.

Your money, your choice, your decision.

Comment

Here is my Matorro King Tiger! Sure it has upgrades, but you have to upgrae the Tamiya tanks as well!

This KT has the most recent EL MOD sounds and the cannon blast has been aplified by RCTankWars master installer Merle Mohring.

The Blitz

Comment

oh well. ok then thnx. i will heed his and your advice. thanks for the vid blitz!

Comment

Working...
                              X