X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie tank questions

i got 2 vstanks

bought for my kids to play, ir type

i realised that the range of the remote control isnt very long (fresh alkaline batts), about the full length of my 4rm hall

is this normal?

also, sometimes the canon no need to point direct at the ir receiver, even not pointing directly at the tank, the other tank also tio bomb one

is this normal?

I was at Stargek yesterday. Got one tamiya tank (i think old german model) going for about $1100!!!!!!! Only got ONE only!!!!!

i think they usually sell 2k one

Hi as for the vstank qns, indoors due to a lot of RF noise and blockage from walls, sometimes the range of teh tank is smaller than when you play out doors.

But if you go out doors in the day time with a vstank, the IR range gets very small as teh IR receivers on the tanks do not have a proper shielding to shield out interference from stray IR emitted from the sun. Just stick a piece of rubber pad on top of the receiver and make sure the size of the pad is bigger than the receiver and you should get around 3 meters in range.

As for the IR not needing to point at a target in order to receive get a hit, well IR can bounce off white walls or even reflective surfaces. That maybe what is causing it to get a hit even when not point directly at a target. Also take not that IR does not travel in a straight line like a laser pointer, the beam does spread quite a bit when its nearer to the emitter.

Comment

thank you

my kids love the tanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Mustank View Post
        i got 2 vstanks

bought for my kids to play, ir type

i realised that the range of the remote control isnt very long (fresh alkaline batts), about the full length of my 4rm hall

is this normal?

also, sometimes the canon no need to point direct at the ir receiver, even not pointing directly at the tank, the other tank also tio bomb one

is this normal?

I was at Stargek yesterday. Got one tamiya tank (i think old german model) going for about $1100!!!!!!! Only got ONE only!!!!!

i think they usually sell 2k one
        There is one KT Tamiya 1/16 scale kit which can be upgraded to be RC at Far East Plaza Model shop. think its about $2-300ISH

Comment

But to upgrade a Tam kit to full option you will spend a lot more than teh full option kit. Much as well get the kit.

Anyway you should try the hobby shop on 2nd floor orchard plaza, I am sure they can quote you a better price than the distributor here.

Comment

Working...
          X