Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental Tanks and Tank Terrain Playground

Was meeting my friends at Carls Junior burger place at East Coast near the former Big Splash place last evening.

Was early so decided to walk to the park near the beach where there is a big open space for people to inline skate and cycle. Came across this new kiosk by Ace Hobby and next to it, a decent size mock up battlefield with obstacles, bridges and boulders for the RC tanks to roll about and so on. The tanks are on rental from Ace and you can rent a few to play with your buddies and so on. There were quite a few beginners having a go and quite a thrill at trying their hands at the RC tanks.

They also do their kites and heli demos at the kiosk, attracting many bystanders and people just strolling along after dinner or supper in the area.

Do you know what scale the tanks are and if the battle field can accommadate 1/16 scale tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Planedev View Post
      Do you know what scale the tanks are and if the battle field can accommadate 1/16 scale tanks?
      Sorry I am unfamiliar with tanks to comments. They are abt a foot long these tanks they were playing with yesterday. Maybe you can contact Ace and check?

Comment

Originally posted by BullTerrier View Post
        Sorry I am unfamiliar with tanks to comments. They are abt a foot long these tanks they were playing with yesterday. Maybe you can contact Ace and check?
        Hmm...you say one foot? Should be 1/24 scale, most likely Vstanks. That'll make sense because I don't think any owner will dare to rent out their precious Tamiya tanks indescriminately to anyone...in case they drive it anyhow and ruin it.

Anyway, it's still interesting...So Planedev, are you going to check it out?
        Operational
        1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
        1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
        Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
        1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
        1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

They look like a foot long tanks to me. Got different colour schemes as well maybe like germans and allied tanks etc... what is interesting though is the terrain Ace has built. It has bridges, boulders, small trees etc. Maybe a stream or two?

Comment

the place is also a TDRC hangout spot if i am not wrong
            At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

I checked it out on sat and it is indeed for 1/24 scale tanks. But it can accomadate smaller 1/16th scale tanks like the PZ3 and shermans. I initially thought they might be for HL tanks and BB fights. Its actually for IR battling vstanks.

Yes they are associated with TDRC.

namajneb, mind giving us more details as to what you mean, maybe you can highlight these things so that ppl are aware of it.

Comment

Hi namajneb, care to elaborate?
                Operational
                1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

The VS Tank battle ground at Playground@Big Splash is cool and exciting. Got a chance to speak to William of ACE Hobby and was told that the battle ground is open to all. You can even bring your own VS Tank down to play for the whole day for a nominal fee.

Comment

Originally posted by ATeam View Post
                    The VS Tank battle ground at Playground@Big Splash is cool and exciting. Got a chance to speak to William of ACE Hobby and was told that the battle ground is open to all. You can even bring your own VS Tank down to play for the whole day for a nominal fee.
                    how much ar ????... hey calvin u can go there lao got 1/24 playground sia

Comment

Originally posted by devils_grin87 View Post
                      how much ar ????... hey calvin u can go there lao got 1/24 playground sia
                      Not now lah...I'm patiently waiting for their 1/24 Sherman and KV-2, which are equipped with new electronics...
                      Operational
                      1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                      Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

i will buy the sherman .....hope they come out KT with prototype turret tat one i will buy ..planning to gett a smaller invnetory of my bigger counterparts

Comment

i will buy the sherman .....hope they come out KT with prototype turret tat one i will buy ..planning to gett a smaller invnetory of my bigger counterparts
                          But in the meantime...my 1/16 Stug is coming in about one to two months' time. You got time to paint for me?
                          Operational
                          1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                          Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

was waiting for your KT .... take your time man

Comment

was waiting for your KT .... take your time man
                              So sorry lah...I'm suppose to overhaul the driving gearbox to a metal one first before passing to you, but too busy with work until no time to do anything...
                              Operational
                              1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                              Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

Working...
                              X