Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer III with Elmod System w/o Battle Unit

As mentioned by Devil_grins, I know some of you guys want to have a look at the system and see how it perform in IR battle. But I sorry...Thus far I'm having a lot of problem trying to squeeze everything into the little Panzer.

But the biggest problem is trying to install the Battle Unit. I've already laid an extra cable within the tank to connect up the Battle Unit module, but the Turret design is giving me a lot of headache... The capula is directly above the airgun unit, which acts as a big hinge for gun evelation! In other words, I can't install the Battle Unit (with the wiring underneath) without potentially losing the ability to evelate the gun. Neither can I install the battleunit at the storage bin becasue it also houses the motor for gun elevation. Really tight squeeze

So How do you guys actually do it with your Panzer III? I'm now very tempted to just slaughter another bigger tank e.g. Tiger, Pershing to fit in the complete system.

BTW, here are some photos of the tank interior and Elmod's R2D2 which is suppose to go in.

The Battle Unit with 4 IR sensors

Video (Installed white LED in barrel and connected to the Elmod's Turret Module)
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Operational
    1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
    1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
    Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
    1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
    1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

I managed to squeeze the wires connecting to teh DBU via a small hole in the cupola, if you use very thin wires, this will not obstruct the elevation unit. The black part of your IR receiver may not be concealed this way. Maybe you can fit the battle circuits in teh space in front of teh turret else you haave to carefully cut the BB gun to remove the motor and/or the breach area while still retaining the hinge for the elevation unit, else you might need a servo to completely replace the whole elevation mechanisim.

If you choose to do so, then probably you chave all teh room you need to fit every thinig in the turret.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
      As mentioned by Devil_grins, I know some of you guys want to have a look at the system and see how it perform in IR battle. But I sorry...Thus far I'm having a lot of problem trying to squeeze everything into the little Panzer.

But the biggest problem is trying to install the Battle Unit. I've already laid an extra cable within the tank to connect up the Battle Unit module, but the Turret design is giving me a lot of headache... The capula is directly above the airgun unit, which acts as a big hinge for gun evelation! In other words, I can't install the Battle Unit (with the wiring underneath) without potentially losing the ability to evelate the gun. Neither can I install the battleunit at the storage bin becasue it also houses the motor for gun elevation. Really tight squeeze

So How do you guys actually do it with your Panzer III? I'm now very tempted to just slaughter another bigger tank e.g. Tiger, Pershing to fit in the complete system.

BTW, here are some photos of the tank interior and Elmod's R2D2 which is suppose to go in.
      The system looks good. Wow it would be cool to put one inside the SU100 or 85.

Comment

what's even cool is that with a simple change on the jumper setting on the system, I can transplant the system on a T-34/85, and it will sound EXACTLY LIKE a T-34/85...

I guess the only problem is - when you have so many different tanks e.g. Pershing, Tiger, Panzer III, T-34...etc to choose from, you can't decide where you want to put the system...
        Operational
        1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
        1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
        Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
        1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
        1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
          what's even cool is that with a simple change on the jumper setting on the system, I can transplant the system on a T-34/85, and it will sound EXACTLY LIKE a T-34/85...

I guess the only problem is - when you have so many different tanks e.g. Pershing, Tiger, Panzer III, T-34...etc to choose from, you can't decide where you want to put the system...
          WOW you're seriously making me consider getting one to put into the T34 and some other projects

Comment

Working...
          X