Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brief review of 1/16 Hen Long M26 Pershing S&S

For those of you who are interested.

Just got my 1/16 M26 (smoke and sound version) from Miniature Hobby at Marina GV during mu lunch time. After charging the battery for about three hours, I plugged it into the tank and did a test run in my office.

Here are my personal findings:

Quality: Overall build is alright, but the smaller details e.g. the machine gun, hooks...etc appears to be more weak and flimsy. Quite a difference from my my Vs 1/24 M1A tank where every part (including the tiny details) is very rugged. Still, quality wise acceptable for the HL tank.

Control: Finally...some kind of proportional speed . Now, the tank can move from creeping speed to full speed and and the turn at a proper radius. This feature easily beats my Vs 1/24 M1A, which IMHO moves too fast and jerky.

Sound: Wow... after hearing the toyish (and irritating) sound of my Vs Tank, now I can finally hear something that sounds like a tank. The sound of the HL tank during starting-up, idling and shutting down is simply beautiful. Of course, it cannot compare with Tamiya, but remember the big price difference.

Airsoft Gun: This is where I'm disappointed . Judging from the force of the 6mm bb hitting the door and deflecting back, I believe its shooting range (at least for my tank) is definitely far more inferior than the airsoft gun on my Vs M1A. Well...but looking on the bright side, at least now I know it will definitely not hurt anyone...

Hope this little review helps any of you guys who are thinking of buying one.
    Operational
    1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
    1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
    Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
    1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
    1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

nice review, seems like they still have some QC issues, read quite a few mix reviews on their airsoft system and the smoke generators (from working flawlessly to D.O.A).

If possible, please take some pictures and share them with us. You have quite the tank collection now I must say

Comment

OK...here is my little family saying hi to you guys

My 1/16 HL Pershing S&S and VsR tanks

my 1/24 Vs M1A
      Operational
      1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
      1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
      Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
      1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
      1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

so far other hobby webby have all good to say for the henglong models but i dont see them in hobby shops here...is the profit margin too little?

im looking to get one with the smoke and sound but i cant seem to find any websites or hobby shops who carry them...

Help!!~

Comment

Originally posted by bigrockshow
          so far other hobby webby have all good to say for the henglong models but i dont see them in hobby shops here...is the profit margin too little?

im looking to get one with the smoke and sound but i cant seem to find any websites or hobby shops who carry them...

Help!!~
          many hobby shops in china carry them
          and u can check taobao.com

Comment

huh .. serious ah...so gotta head down to China to buy? what about parts upgrade and stuff? i might wanna add in some "bling bling" may not be approve back home here den how?

Comment

have u tried the pl calvin bought from? or has it closed dn?
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I have brought my HL 1/16 tank from CHina . I have seen similiar one selling at Parkway Parade Basement. I can't mention the shop name wait kanna marked here.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
                  For those of you who are interested.

Just got my 1/16 M26 (smoke and sound version) from Miniature Hobby at Marina GV during mu lunch time. After charging the battery for about three hours, I plugged it into the tank and did a test run in my office.

Here are my personal findings:

Quality: Overall build is alright, but the smaller details e.g. the machine gun, hooks...etc appears to be more weak and flimsy. Quite a difference from my my Vs 1/24 M1A tank where every part (including the tiny details) is very rugged. Still, quality wise acceptable for the HL tank.

Control: Finally...some kind of proportional speed . Now, the tank can move from creeping speed to full speed and and the turn at a proper radius. This feature easily beats my Vs 1/24 M1A, which IMHO moves too fast and jerky.

Sound: Wow... after hearing the toyish (and irritating) sound of my Vs Tank, now I can finally hear something that sounds like a tank. The sound of the HL tank during starting-up, idling and shutting down is simply beautiful. Of course, it cannot compare with Tamiya, but remember the big price difference.

Airsoft Gun: This is where I'm disappointed . Judging from the force of the 6mm bb hitting the door and deflecting back, I believe its shooting range (at least for my tank) is definitely far more inferior than the airsoft gun on my Vs M1A. Well...but looking on the bright side, at least now I know it will definitely not hurt anyone...

Hope this little review helps any of you guys who are thinking of buying one.
                  How much is the tank?
                  I'm back!!!!

Comment

huh .. serious ah...so gotta head down to China to buy? what about parts upgrade and stuff? i might wanna add in some "bling bling" may not be approve back home here den how?
                    u can go to taobao.... look for the product...look for the details for the seller... then u can call and ask them to ship to singapore..

Comment

Originally posted by hello_hellohello
                      How much is the tank?
                      here in xiamen is 150 sgd with metal tracks..
                      not sure in sinapore

last time used to own one
                      but the rubber tracks

Comment

Hello, just got mine (Tiger 1) at sunshine plaza today.few set left.with sound and smoke .very gd price.

Comment

just been to sunshine plaza. didnt see any 1/16 tigers..but saw a couple of palm size tanks...probably 1/24

Comment

just been to sunshine plaza. didnt see any 1/16 tigers..but saw a couple of palm size tanks...probably 1/24
                            maybe all sold out liao lor......

Comment

cannot he just post den sold out mahz..

anyways i checked with him and haven't gotten a proper location for the store yet. still awaiting his reply.

from what he told me..its at $135 for the 1/16 henlong tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X