Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Control Scale 2009

To all R/C Scale fans,

On behalf of Potong Pasir Flying Club, we are pleased to announce the much anticipated R/C scale event, RCS’09 in November 2009

RCS is a Radio Control Scale event formed by Scale Modellers for Scale Modellers, and on behalf of the organizing committee at Potong Pasir Flying Club , we welcome all R/C scale flyers to take part and join in this event.

All the event information and registration can be viewed and download from the following link:

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

The purpose of the event is to introduce, share and expand R/C Scale Building and Flying to all modellers, whom like us, shares the same passion of R/C Scale Modelling.

An important feature of the competition will be its congenial atmosphere. Yes, it’s a ‘serious’ contest, but rivalry is second to camaraderie. We will always protect our combination of competitiveness and good fellowship. The event is as much as anything a social occasion. This provides an ideal relaxed counterpoint to the intensity of the competition.

So scale guys, dust off your models, do some maintenance and improvement or if you are not much of a builder go to your favorite shop and get a new scale plane, we are waiting for you this November. You may not win but surely you are going to meet a lots of guys with the same passion and have a good time.

Is it open to airplane or helicopter or mix?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post

SH
      Hi SH,

Its open to the following category:

1. Stand-off Scale (Comprise of ARFs for Planes)

2. Master Scale (ARC, composite kit, balsa kit, scratch built, plans built all fall under this category)

3. Scale Helicopters (No differentiation)

Brgds

Comment

Comment

SH
          Wah ..SH, from now to Nov you gonna be very busy preparing your fleet for this event,

Pavehawk, Apache, UH1B, A109, MD500E, 500size MD500..

..did I miss any things..

Oh yes..don't forget the BO 105.

Comment

how about some 3D scale flying?
            JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
            Solid G
            KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

Basically the format of the event is as follows:

Catergory of Event
              1. Stand-off Scale (Comprise of ARFs for Planes)
              2. Master Scale (ARC, composite kit, balsa kit, scratch built, plans built all fall under this category)
              3. Helicopters (No differentiation)

Static Judging.
              General static judging will be carried out before flying. No documentation is required but it is up to the participants if they want to produce a documentation, who aim to achieve higher static scores. We are flexible with it, and it also serves as a good kick-off for future static judging experience.

Flying Judging
              All aircrafts require to fly a initial plan of 3 rounds.
              There will be 5 mandatory manoeuvres and 5 optional manoeuvres.
              The 5 optional manouevres can be selected from a range of 30+ manoeuvres stated in the rule book.
              The trick is to select the optional manoeuvres most suitable for your aircraft type.

Helicopters will be subjected to a different judging for both static and flying. Please see the rule book for more information.

There will be trophies for the top 3 finishers in each catergory and as a bonus to all participants, we are gathering for sponsors of prizes from individual and retailers. These prizes will be for a lucky draw for all participants at the end of the event. Who knows, you may walk away with a fantastic new plane or kit.

Comment

Was spending some time going thru the rule book for heli. Looking at the judging criteria, looks like cockpit it very important.

Also gona lose points for non-scale landing gear, tail and head rotor.

From the looks, almost 40points kena makan even b4 the judging starts.

Comment

I find this rule in bold for static judging a bit

How to activate the lights, search lights, retracts landing gear, remote door opening, gun movement, etc.... w/o using of radio????

Comment

Frankly, from all the scale heli in SG I seen so far, this judging criteria is a bit too strict. Scale in SG is still in an infancy stage and impose such strict rules will only discourage participation.

Just my humble opinions only.

Dont worry, I would not be taking part. I'll be guarding the singapore seas during that period, aka reservist.

Comment

Just saw Adrianli post today.

Yup. I have to agree here. Scale heli in Singapore is still considered in the beginning state. U are lucky if u can find scale heli funfly in Singapore. U are lucky if u can more than 2 scale helicopter in any funfly in Singapore. If rules are going to impose, I too believe it will scare most scale people away.

Furthermore, small size heli is much difficult to make/craft it more scale like real heli...let along building cockpit for it. Bigger heli has more room (and lifting power) to add more details.

Thus, if there is no category for different size, small heli will loose out more.

SH

Comment

Just saw Adrianli post today.

Yup. I have to agree here. Scale heli in Singapore is still considered in the beginning state. U are lucky if u can find scale heli funfly in Singapore. U are lucky if u can more than 2 scale helicopter in any funfly in Singapore. If rules are going to impose, I too believe it will scare most scale people away.

Furthermore, small size heli is much difficult to make/craft it more scale like real heli...let along building cockpit for it. Bigger heli has more room (and lifting power) to add more details.

Thus, if there is no category for different size, small heli will loose out more.

SH
                        Hi SH,

Thanks for the feedback. We will be having a meeting with the contest director and organising committee this week, and shall highlight to them the feedback.

Thanks & regards

Comment

Radio Control Scale 2009 - Updates #1

In view of valuable feedbacks on the rules and regulations, the organizing committee have decided, after much discussions and considerations, to amend the scoring structure for Scale Helicopters category.

This is done with the objective of catering to those whose helis are limited in size to create any cockpit within. Thus the judging of a scale cockpit as a stand-alone part of scoring in the current scoring format will be deleted.

Instead, an overall realism scoring will be introduced to judge on the scale fidelity of the entire heli, which comprises of the overall scale impression of the subject.

We will be updating the rule book and post the amendment by this week.

Thank you

Comment

Radio Control Scale '09 - Updates #2

With the objective of making this a memorable event for everyone, we have secured a sponsor in customizing a polo-shirt for all participating pilots as a commemorative sourvenir. Our committee are now finalizing the design before sending to the sponsor for the printing.

As we would be required to advise the estimated number of polo-shirts to be prepared, I would appreciate all intending participants to submit your registration form as early as possible, with an indication of your shirt size, so that we can advise the sponsor.

In addition, as we will be catering lunch for the participants, your indication of participation would greatly help in our preparation of the logistics.

Please submit all registration forms to me at henry_ctg@yahoo.com.sg or you can leave the registration forms at any hobby shops and we will pick it up. Please do advise us if you have done so.

Here is the direct link to obtain the registration form:
                            Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

For any further clarifications on the scale event, please do feel free to call me at 9644-6681.

Thank you
                            Henry

Comment

this is so cool, can't wait. :,

Comment

Working...
                              X