Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Augusta A109 Fuselage kit - what's this part used for?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sob ... Sob ... I had to bury my A109 Coast Guard ... Was playing with my headspeed and turned it down too much ... The crash was dramatic ... Liternally nothing left ... managed to save the electronics including my SK360 ... It's now going into my 30-sized Ecureuil 2 ...

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner View Post
      you can refer to this link...good setup walkthrough by BlackTitanum.
      although he is using the Slovenia Policiga paint scheme, the setup is almost the same.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....highlight=A109
      Hi Mr. Loderunner, excellent link!!! That thread was probably better than the manual itself!!! The step-by-step assembly with those close-up shots were so useful for me that I had printed out a hardcopy just to make reference to it for my assembly process.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
        If u are talking about the "sponge" for the tail boom, yes, the purpose of the "sponge" is to hold the tail in place in the fuselage. It is more like:
        1. Absorb vibrations from heli to fuselage. Thus, do not produce unecessary "clanking" noise.
        2. Hold the tail in place during applying tail pitch. (rudder movement).

I not sure about your "sponge", the one I have somehow cannot go in. I end u using DIY sponge that I get from Homefix.

Try to make sure the tail linkage do not rub against the fuselage. If it does, try move the heli a bit or use some sponge to relocate the tail a bit.

SH
        My kit did not even come with any sponge... that's probably why the Just-heli kits are cheaper compared to the heli-artist ones... think i will go get those dish washing sponge for the purpose. i believe they are soft enough to do the job.

Thanks bro SH!

Comment

Originally posted by kennethw View Post
          Sob ... Sob ... I had to bury my A109 Coast Guard ... Was playing with my headspeed and turned it down too much ... The crash was dramatic ... Liternally nothing left ... managed to save the electronics including my SK360 ... It's now going into my 30-sized Ecureuil 2 ...
          sorry to hear abt your crash bro! you must have crashed from quite some height for that kind of damage.

I just hope that i can get to fly mine decently...

Comment

Originally posted by pck View Post
            .....think i will go get those dish washing sponge for the purpose. i believe they are soft enough to do the job.
            U can try that dish washing sponge...but I suspect it might be too soft.

I use those black colored rubber, spongy thing that u use to stick onto the furniture "feet" or hifi set. It is stronger but still soft for damping/absorbing vibrations

EDIT: If u want to get dish washing sponge, I recommend u get those "Made In Japan", white colored, big block that it allow u to cut to the size u want type. Using those "white sponge" type, u can use alot (yet still light) and shape to the size u want and stuff it in to hold the tail. That "white sponge" should be stronger and harder than those typical yellow/orange colored square sponge..but still soft for damping.
            White colored sponge is available in most shop. I know AMK Hub's Fareprice have them.

SH

Comment

hi pck,

no prob!...i do find the manual useless when i was building this.
              also, i don't think heli-artist kit come with sponge also....

btw. what heli are you using?....just check the CG before maiden. mine was tail heavy and i need to put weights to counter it.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner View Post
                hi pck,

no prob!...i do find the manual useless when i was building this.
                also, i don't think heli-artist kit come with sponge also....

btw. what heli are you using?....just check the CG before maiden. mine was tail heavy and i need to put weights to counter it.

cheers!
                I am using a TRex SEV2 on the fuselage. I read from your link that it's almost mandatory to add weights in the front as the heli+fuselage is almost guaranteed tail-heavy.

Comment

Practically all scale fuselage tend to be tail heavy. That is why u need to relocate the battery and/or avionics in order to balance them up. U can add weight if u want to, but I find that adding weight just for balancing is not good. I rather move the battery forward a bit. If not, I rather create cockpit or anything useful as a weight instead.

Example of things u can create in order to make it more "pretty" and as well as to create weight in front:
                  1. Cockpit
                  2. Pilot seats
                  3. Figuring as pilot or crew
                  4. Search light
                  5. Winch for rescue
                  6. Emergency inflatable floats
                  8. landing lights.
                  9. navigations lights avionics place in front.
                  10. Pitot tubing in front.
                  11. Wire cutter(s)
                  12. and so on.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                    U can try that dish washing sponge...but I suspect it might be too soft.

I use those black colored rubber, spongy thing that u use to stick onto the furniture "feet" or hifi set. It is stronger but still soft for damping/absorbing vibrations

EDIT: If u want to get dish washing sponge, I recommend u get those "Made In Japan", white colored, big block that it allow u to cut to the size u want type. Using those "white sponge" type, u can use alot (yet still light) and shape to the size u want and stuff it in to hold the tail. That "white sponge" should be stronger and harder than those typical yellow/orange colored square sponge..but still soft for damping.
                    White colored sponge is available in most shop. I know AMK Hub's Fareprice have them.

SH
                    Bro SH, I really appreciate your advice! I was actually wondering what kind of sponge i should use until I saw your post... Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X